Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: The Many Lives of Gregsim
Goto page 1, 2  Next
:story: The Many Lives of Gregsim
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:22 am

The Many Lives of Gregsim

Universe

BAUMDOUBT HAPPY VALLEY HAPPY VALLEY HAPPY VALLEY HAPPY VALLEY TAYLOR LAKE
City Baumdoubt Happy Valley Bonnyview Shores The Meat Market Xanadu Taylor Lake
Spouse Dallas
Meadow
Sheba
Sheba
Dallas
Sheba
Dallas
Sheba
Dallas
None yet; just lots of girlfriends. Sheba
Children With Dallas
 Alexander
 William
 Amanda
 Corwin
 Evelyn
With Meadow
 Brian
 Dolly

Baumdoubt is the original version of Happy Valley that was destroyed by The Bomb. It's the reflection of Happy Valley in a parallel universe. Some of the characters from Happy Valley have been able to travel between universes and visit here. Greg and Dallas, the sole survivors of The Bomb, live simultaneously in both universes.
With Winona
 Sandra
 Wanda
With Frieda
 Gilbert
With Narcissa
 Brenda
With Valerie
 Sabrina
With Cordelia
 Constance
With Meadow
 Arthur
 Arlene
With Sheba
 Alexander
 Amanda
 Barry
 Cally
 Dora
 Ezekiel
 Farrah
 Flavia
 Graham
 Hiram
 Irvin
With Monica
 Norman
With Dallas
  Oberon

She is busily working on her own Lifetime Want to have a child in Happy Valley for every letter in the alphabet. Moderation is not Her strong suit.
(No new kids here, though many of the childen from Happy Valley were imported into the neighborhood along with Manse Orleans.)

Bonnyview Shores is the weirdest neighborhood in the Happy Valley universe, filled with alien intrigues, weird structures, and other intrigues. With one exception, the superheroes do not allow alien abductions in Happy Valley, but they tolerate the aliens here as long as they are reasonably well-behaved.
(No new kids here.)

The primary story in this town is Anja Does The Meat Market, which originated on Insimadult. Greg arrived in Anja's story with Sheba, Dallas, and a new girlfriend named Codi Jo, in a behind-the-scenes story, Codi Jo and the Star Line. All four of them are destined to play supporting roles in Anja's story.

In Anja's story, Neil was born in Baumdoubt and is the great-grandson of Greg and Dallas through their son William. Sheila is the great-granddaughter of Sheba's parents in Baumdoubt. Though they were born in the Baumdoubt universe, they have been transported through space and time into the Happy Valley universe and soon became Anja's lovers.
Boudicca
Others

Xanadu Studios and the characters who live here get mentioned in the other stories, so it's really part of the Happy Valley universe; however, Greg's life in Xanadu doesn't make sense in the context of the rest of the story, so we'll just chalk it up to dreams and fantasies. Gregsim started life in Xanadu as a teenager with his parents, grandparents, and siblings. As of June 27, 2005, he was pursuing his evil ways in college and visiting the home town every day.

Xanadu is also the setting for some of Sheba's fantasies.
With Sheba
 Aaron
 Abigail
 Barton
 Brigid
 Casey
 Clark

Taylor Lake is an experiment where the boys are all clones of Greg and the girls are all clones of Sheba. When last seen, the family was still standing by the street on their first day in town, waiting for something to happen.

This table originated in the story of Bonnyview Shores but since it spans many different story lines (and because I had to keep hunting all over for it) I decided to promote it to its very own topic. Grin

The children are listed (pretty much) in the order of conception, but due to the Maxian Time Warp, not in the order of birth. I thought all the baby bombs in Happy Valley had already gone off, but a detailed census of the town revealed more on the way!

I also have neighborhoods named Lake Dorothy, Eden, and several others, but at least so far, they have managed to
escape Gregsim's attention. I removed Nihale's Enderby from this table when I added The Meat Market because it's not my neighborhood
and the table was getting to be too big.

Edited Sunday, August 28, 2005, to add Enderby and Taylor Lake.
Edited Sunday, September 4, 2005, to bring Happy Valley up to date and add Zara in Enderby.
Edited Saturday, December 17, 2005, to update the kids and link to their first appearance in the stories.
Edited Friday, June 9, 2006, to delete a broken link.
Edited Friday, January 12, 2007 to add The Meat Market. Also removed Enderby from this table.

Last edited by Greg on Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:37 pm; edited 23 times in total

Re: :story: The Many Lives of Gregsim
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:25 am
Greg wrote:
Enderby
Spouse: She
Children: None (That he knows of!)
Enderby is in Nihale99's game. It will be interesting to see what mischief the Bennetts get into in that neighborhood!

I've not quite decided what's going to happen yet. Right now, your Enderbian alter ego is still recovering from shock.
Re::story: The Many Lives of Gregsim
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:31 am
I can imagine! There's so much to do to set up a new house! Gotta arrange for the TV cable, figure out where the grocery store is, stock the medicine cabinets, and all that domestic stuff! lol

norefillsleft
New SimsHost Friend
Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:19 pm
how on earth do you keep up with all those babies? surely you must use some kind of cheat to make the pregnancy go by faster. sheesh. :dodge:
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:39 pm
norefillsleft wrote:
how on earth do you keep up with all those babies? surely you must use some kind of cheat to make the pregnancy go by faster. sheesh. :dodge:

Lemme think... I used the "accelerate my pregnancy" command when I was experimenting with multi-generation households but all these were manufactured and developed the old-fashioned way.

I just played the households one at a time. They aren't all infants now, and many of them live in different households. For instance, She is only a few sim days older than Sandra and Wanda (Aunt Winona's twins, in Happy Valley). The twins grew up in the same household with Her, so at the time the mob (Greg, Winona, Sheba, Sandra, and Wanda; and also Greg's other daughter Brenda) moved to Manse Orleans, all three of them were teens.

Then She became an adult and assumed her matriarchical role, presiding over Manse Orleans.

As of today in Happy Valley (in my game; the story is a bit behind), Alexander, Amanda, and Barry have just graduated from college. They're still on campus but ready to move back to town, where they will establish their own households. Frieda's son, Gilbert, is also in college.

In Baumdoubt Valley, Dallas's sons, Alexander and William (not the same Alexander as the one in Happy Valley) are both grown up and married.

In Taylor Lake, I created the entire family in the create-a-family tool. They were an experiment, but of course I got interested in the sims. (Happens every time.) Aaron and Abigail are teens, Barton and Brigid are children, and Casey and Clark are toddlers.

Xanadu was an experiment with genetics. I wanted to find out what happens if all the sims in a neighborhood are related, and of course called on my Primary Guilty Party to do the mischief. All the babies are in different households. I haven't played them much, but I'm trying to keep all those kids in time synch, playing one day at a time in each household. I just import Gregsim into each house to be the daddy; and that while he's still officially on campus going to college! lol

norefillsleft
New SimsHost Friend
Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:15 pm
haha. wow! keep up the good work. do you keep a chart or something?
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:34 pm
Greg has been known to set up spread sheets to keep track of his Sims!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:51 am
Exactly that. I'm even tempted to set up a database for them.

I got a bit discouraged with the Excel spreadsheet after The Bomb. It's kind of depressing to see all those records of lost sims. :doubt:

Nevertheless, I still keep lots of notes and do have little spreadsheets for the key characters. Just making sure that the number of boys matches the number of girls can be an adventure!

My Excel spreadsheet is on a different machine, so I can have it open while I have the game open. Or at least I could, when my Mac and my Sims machine were co-located. I look forward to the day that they can once again work together. smile

Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:26 am
You may want to update the Enderby column.

Details are a bit vague at the moment, but as far as we know, She is currently 'showing' and the child will be named either Zach or Zara, depending on gender.

We have confirmation. 9:25PM Enderby Standard Time, (6:55PM British Summer Time) Sheba gave birth to a girl - Zara Bennett, personality 6-2-7-3-8.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:33 pm
Hooray! A baby girl!

While I was at it, I brought the list for Happy Valley up to date, too! As of this moment my game is only one baby ahead of the story. Grin

I'd hoped to get it completely caught up before I have to disconnect my Sims box and head back down to Houston tomorrow, but it looks like that's not going to happen this week!

Ziggles
Most Excellent SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:02 pm
Greg,

I did threaten you with questions a while back ... I'm getting ready to start.

Gregsim is all over the place (from what I've seen in your stories). When you talk about moving him around, you say "import."

Are you using a sim to "Propose -> Move in" or are you using the Tombstone of Life and Death / DMA / Other hack to grab Gregsim?

Thanks.

-- Ziggles

Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:08 pm
I think he's been bringing Gregsim new neighborhoods either from the SimBin or from house imports.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:04 am
miros1 wrote:
I think he's been bringing Gregsim new neighborhoods either from the SimBin or from house imports.

Except for Taylor Lake and Xanadu, where I was experimenting with cloning in SimPE, they're all house imports. Gregsim was originally born in what is now known as Baumdoubt Valley. When I re-created Happy Valley, he came in with this family in a house that I had exported before the bomb.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:42 am
I updated the table in the first message again. The Happy Valley family tree is now up to date through Hiram and I added links to the first appearance of the characters in the stories.

Most of the links point to episodes where the children were born in the respective story topic, but not all. Some of them aren't even in the story section! For instance, Alexander and Amanda were born during the Invasion of the Hookers story, which is in the download topic for Manse Orleans!

No wonder they call this a web! Maybe Fractured Fairy Tales would be more accurate! lol

Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:13 am
This is getting ahead of events, but you may want to add Nathan and Nicola to the Enderby list.

(They've not been born yet, but I am going to keep returning to N'hood view and reloading until She has a boy and a girl.)