Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Living with the Raptors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:12 pm
Raptor-Cox Wedding Pictures III
From the private journal of Dawn Raptor

Okay, this was FUNNY! Very first thing yuck handsome groom Kennedy does in his new married state is notice how hot mom (his !mother in law!!) is. And then...

Take two, only this time his little sister-in-law Gina. Har and har! Of course they ARE both really hot; it runs in the family. What does this foretend for his fidelity to mad Eleanor? The world wonders.

To restrain her already-errant husband's roving eyes, mad Eleanor is forced to grab him and apply a lip-lock. Note to self: try this with Nicole also. Dad escapes stage right, while Mom and Gina, unaccountably happy despite the whole disgusting spectacle, hug stage left. They're probably thinking There But For the Grace Of God...

All over now but the shouting, one would think; but the intrepid photographer was not to lay down her burdens yet!
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:22 pm
Raptor-Cox Wedding Pictures IV

Another experiment with the self-timer is interrupted by a sudden Dad attack. I think there were even TEARS in his eyes. Yuck yuck and also yuck. If he's looking for another daughter to get married off, he's got the wrong twin, Mister.

Back outside, the gardener is gardening in her formal. Just a typical day in the nut-house! She does look quite good in it, though. I wonder if it comes in my size.

Mom and Gina are playing Everyone's Favorite Dorky Game, and laughing their heads off. Well, they may be insane, but at least neither of THEM is getting married anytime soon. I asked Gina if she was going to like get hitched to Gabriel's father next, and she just said "Dawson??" and laughed and laughed. In a nice way, of course.

The intrepid photographer captures a Deep Conversation between Mother and Daughter. Eleanor claims that being married and abandoning Romance is going to make her life !easier! because she won't have to worry about those little Cheating incidents. If by "easier" you mean "more deadly boring", I suppose.

A last experiment with the self-timer: The Photographer Reflects On The Day's Events. Does this hairstyle make my nose look big? I was going to crop Dad and Kennedy out of the picture, but at the last moment I decided that future generations of nut-doctors might benefit from the Documentary Evidence.
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:29 pm
Raptor-Cox Wedding Pictures V

Yes, well, it was a good party in SOME sense of the word. But sadly the experience has completely unhinged the yuck blushing bride's mind, if this Candid Snapshot is any indication. Hoo hoo. I'll bet she doesn't mount this one over the mantle.

To be fair, being whisked off in a big black limo for a Hot Night Of Love has a certain amount going for it. But the price, sister, the awful price!

Unnecessary but appealing picture of the gardener in her formal again. I wonder if she'll still be around when I'm old enough? Assuming I don't go mad and marry the postman or something; what if insanity runs in the family!

The happy yuck couple return from their night of debauchery, with another of those kisses that I must remember to investigate.

And finally the intrepid photographer lays down her shingle (is that what "shingle" means?) and returns to daily life, sadder but wiser from the Experience.

Marriage: yuck!

Last edited by dmchess on Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:31 pm
The Raptor-Cox Wedding
P.S.

Just to clarify from the usual narrator's point of view (which is rather different from a teenage Romance sim's): the wedding was a great success, and quite happy and touching and all, and Eleanor and Kennedy turn out to be exactly that match-made-in-heaven that I said they weren't a few entries back. That's characters for you! *8)

Oh, and in fact (in-game rather than in-story) Dawn spent the entire wedding ceremony inside eating chips. Don't know why she didn't come out and sit in a pew like everyone else, but the fact did inspire this particular telling of the story...

DC
equinoxx
Super SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:38 pm
Quote:
You are dead to me now, Eleanor. Or not really, but still yuck.

Memo to self: try with Nicole at first opportunity.

Fabulous. Just fabulous.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:59 am
equinoxx wrote:
Fabulous. Just fabulous.

*8)
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:33 am
Great story. I love the viewpoint being Dawn! Thanks!
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:18 pm
Sita wrote:
Great story. I love the viewpoint being Dawn! Thanks!

Thanks, glad you liked it! In a probably vain attempt to get more insight into my daughter I've been listening to an audiobook where the narrator is a teenage girl. That, and the fact that Dawn spent the wedding inside eating chips, inspired me to try it that way. It came out pretty well! (He said modestly.)

Lots of the picture-worthy interactions were autonomous, too. Eleanor and Kennedy were the only controllables on the lot, so Sally and Gina hugging after the ceremony, and Mitch hugging Dawn, and Dawn looking into the camera while thinking about marriage, and the gardener trimming hedges in her gown, and so on, were all autonomous (as was Eleanor and Sally talking about being caught cheating; very appropriate!).
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:00 pm
Hmm... so, Kennedy has a thing for both his mother-in-law and his sister-in-law. This could be interesting! lol

A "shingle" is a signboard, from the days when lawyers would paint their signs on singles and hang them outside their homes. Hence the phrase, "hang up your shingle."

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:45 pm
Greg wrote:
Hmm... so, Kennedy has a thing for both his mother-in-law and his sister-in-law. This could be interesting! lol

Yeah, I'm slightly puzzled by the details of that. After the wedding he had a "family kiss" verb with Eleanor's father (or perhaps vice-versa?), but he did the swooning thing toward both her mother and her sister. Very confusing!

Greg wrote:
A "shingle" is a signboard, from the days when lawyers would paint their signs on singles and hang them outside their homes. Hence the phrase, "hang up your shingle."

I knew that, but Dawn's not sure. And we can't tell her without admitting that we've been reading her journal. *8)
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:46 am
dmchess wrote:
Greg wrote:

Yeah, I'm slightly puzzled by the details of that. After the wedding he had a "family kiss" verb with Eleanor's father (or perhaps vice-versa?), but he did the swooning thing toward both her mother and her sister. Very confusing!

I've seen that odd phenomenon before, where selective members of a family can interact as family members but others cannot.

The oddest happenstance was in Chapter 12 of The Chatsworths. Madelyn could greet her brother-in-law Aarn with a family kiss, but if Aarn initiated the kiss, it was serious.

dmchess wrote:
Greg wrote:

I knew that, but Dawn's not sure. And we can't tell her without admitting that we've been reading her journal. *8)

Oops. embarrassed I overlooked who was the viewpoint character.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:46 pm
More Raptor nostalgia

Looking through some old photos (not that I sit around looking through old Sims photos on a regular basis; that'd be silly!), I came across this grainy old shot:

John Danvers and Eleanor Raptor dancing at The Place

This was back when she was still a (dangerous red-haired) teenager, before the day that she grew into a woman and took advantage of their friendship by inviting him over and seducing him (our first extra-marital affair!). And long before he became an Elder, and she fell in love with Kennedy and converted to Fortune and all that. (And for that matter before I found the snapshot size and quality settings, and upgraded my video card...)

(Previous nostalgia shot involving Eleanor here.)
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:42 pm
Dawson Downtown
1/4

A few episodes back we saw Dawson Day (former International Man of Mystery, college student, and the father of her son) move in with Gina Raptor.

They got along just fine.
He rapidly advanced most of the way toward his "Fifty Dream Dates" LTW. (Note Gina's new look while we're here; I like the coat outfit.)

But eventually he realized he was restless.

"I'm not a suburbs kind of guy. There's no culture out here. No public sculpture on the street corners. Not very many street corners, for that matter!"

Gina wasn't about to give up her house and move downtown with him, so..

A goodbye kiss.
They parted completely amicably. (I think Dawson has gotten furious at her for cheating once or twice by this time, but I didn't run across any pictures of it. They always made up without much trouble.)
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:48 pm
Dawson Downtown
2/4

Off to the Big City.

He knew he'd miss Gina, but he was also looking forward to the Bright Lights of the city.

"Hey, tall buildings!"
"This place looks even swingin'er than the SSU campus. If that's possible."

With what he'd saved from his various mid-level political jobs (and thanks to Gina's reasonable attitude toward rent), he was able to buy a nice little place just south of the Club District.

Two stories, attached garage, patio in back.
I forget the address.

His first visitor.
Hey, he's still got a dozen or so more Dream Dates to go!
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:52 pm
Dawson Downtown
3/4

As it turned out, when the Welcom Wagon arrived...

Ding Dong!
Hey, I think all these people live back in the Neighborhood; what are they doing in a Downtown welcoming committee?

Dawson was otherwise occupied.

"Wasn't that the doorbell?"
"And what if it was?"

He did come down eventually, for the first of what turned out to be many impromptu sidewalk parties.

Out by the bubble blower.
Teenage girls seem to stop by and visit alot. Must be the ponytail.
:story: Living with the Raptors