Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Living with the Raptors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:01 pm
Gabriel and Gina and Dawson
8/8: Onward

One man's moved in, and one's moved out, and life continues.

Off to do some shopping.
In her undies. That's Marylena somebody waving from the sidewalk; a casual acquaintance that Gina's never taken to bed (although her big sister has).

Sweet tension in the air.
Shorts from Greg; they go nicely with this NL top, we think.

And since there's at least one day a week when Dawson's at work and Gina's not...

Gina's still very fond of Katelyn.
I can't quite figure out what Katelyn's saying here. The symbology suggests "an improved date" or "a more expensive date". Given that they were recently engaged in amorous recreation, maybe it just means "a very nice date". Although they aren't actually on a date right now. Maybe she's reminiscing about some past date.

End of update. Still to come eventually: all sorts of other stuff. *8)

Last edited by dmchess on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:11 pm
Greg wrote:
I just spent about five minutes trying to figure out how it was that her arms look like knotweed, before I finally realized what you meant by 'polygony'.

Same general idea. *8)

Greg wrote:
I think I'll start a fan club for Phoenix. He's got real potential!

I do like how he's turned out so far. He's also had Neighborhood One's first all-male First Kiss. *8) Need to post that story also; I think the silly Cinematic kept me from getting a very good picture of the Big Event itself.
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:51 pm
Forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
Sally explores Downtown

News flash! A large and complicated downtown area has just sprung into being near (for some value of "near") Neighborhood One!

Sally Raptor, matriarch of one of the neighborhood's First Families, immediately went to investigate this unprecendented phenomenon.

She felt pretty much right at home.
In particular, her lover Joanne Kim was flirtably tending bar, and her attractive but unavailable neighbor Jane Danvers was as swoony as always. One property of this section of Downtown: it's so dim that good photographs are practically impossible! Bad news for blackmailers.

Sally rocks the house.
First time she's seen a karaoke machine. She had fun.

Sally's daughter Gina also heard the news bulletin, and came down (without bothering to change into anything respectable) to check the place out as well.

Mother and daughter.
And some college kid in the background. And really awful lighting.

As Sally left to look for food, a certain amount of chaos erupted behind her.

My, my!
Whatever Amin was doing to annoy Ivy, it eventually resulted in a full-blown fight (which Ivy lost). I like how Jane's thinking of babies and ignoring the badness.

That previous image also reveals one of our first sighted Downtownies. We are happy! The Townie Project so far doesn't seem to have resulted in any new normal townies being generated, so finding hordes of interestingly dressed new people Downtown pleases us.

Anyway, on the theory that it's good to be able to see what you're eating, Sally tried a better-lit place for dinner.

"Is the salmon fresh?"
Speculation is rampant in the local Romance community about the seductibility of waiters, maitres and maitresses d', cooks, and so on.

When she got home, Sally called Eleanor, who was overjoyed to hear of this new source of lovers for her 20 Woohoo LTW...
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:22 pm
Forget all your troubles, forget all your cares
Eleanor's first trip Downtown

Eleanor tried a different part of Downtown ("The Hub", I think it is) for her first adventure. Amazingly only one of her lovers was present, and when she suggested a date, Allegra Gorey was more than willing (I don't think I've ever posted about Eleanor's seducing Allegra awhile back; but anyway, she did, even though she has negative chemistry toward her, which just goes to show).

Things quickly got hot and heavy.

Or at least feathery.
Pow! Thwack!

Neither of them were rolling up very romantic date-Wants.

At least not toward each other.
I thought this was hysterical: during the date, each of them rolled up a Want to get married to the main man in her life. Note that Eleanor both Wants and Fears marrying Kennedy, while Allegra's Want to marry Castor Nova isn't similarly balanced. Ironically, both of these Wants rolled away when the date ended (it was Great, I think; they did make out once, right by the dance sphere, for a good helping of date points).

Eleanor also got to witness a fight (violent place, downtown); this time, John Danvers lost to (oh, what's his name?) that townie with the stringy red hair.

Aftermath
Eleanor's thinking "Well, that was interesting; now where did Allegra get to?" Eleanor and John were lovers so long ago that neither feels anything for the other anymore. I really ought to get them friends again, if only for old times' sake.

After her date with Allegra, Eleanor took a taxi to the park, and walked into an interesting Women's Group meeting by the swingset.

"Punching a time-clock stifles the soul!"
Easy for her to say; her tycoon days are far behind her. On the swings: Ivy Copur and Suzette Somnius. Walking about: intriguing new Downtownies to befriend!

After Eleanor'd gotten home and re-engergized herself with a quick Dream Date with Kennedy, Goopy Gilscarbo called up and invited her on a group outing downtown. She accepted even though I'd already stayed up much later than I'd originally intended.

(Amusing side-note: while she was waiting for the taxi for the Goopy outing, Castor Nova called her up as a result of her date with Allegra and also invited her downtown. I had her decline since I was afraid the taxis might have crashed or something, but the whole idea was pretty funny. What did Allegra say to Castor? "Yeah, honey, I had a great date with Eleanor Raptor while you were at class; you should give her a call and see if she wants to go downtown and like seduce you and stuff.")

Anyway, the outing:

At the theater.
Although Goopy claimed he was calling because he'd found new places to hang out Downtown, Eleanor actually had to decide where to go. I chose the Art Museum, but I don't think anyone ever got upstairs to the main gallery; the movie room was more popular.

It was a somewhat interesting outing: Eleanor met one elder Downtownie lady (the one just behind her platinum plumb bob there), and discovered that she finds Jan Telleman (her mom's tenth lover, sitting just to her right) to be extremely hot. Either of which may or may not turn out to be significant; you never know!

And I didn't see Mrs. Crumplebottom once...
LooseChanj
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:02 am
Quote:
new source of lovers for her 20 Woohoo LTW...

I laughed myself to death when I came across that one, and thought of that moron who was all up in arms about sims being too anatomically correct.
An old faded photograph...
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:12 pm
I was looking through the Storytelling folder and ran across this snapshot that I'd forgotten all about. No wonder Eleanor Raptor and Georgia Zoom (Danvers) got to be such good friends as adults; they'd known each other since childhood!

Nice to meet you!
Eleanor on the left, Georgia on the right. The same clothes and everything! This is out in front of the Love Nest; Georgia is of course the one with the purple facepaint. This was back before I discovered the snapshot size and quality settings, and started taking all my pictures in walls-up mode.

How nostalgic... *8)
Ecstasy and Transformation
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:20 pm
1/3: Eleanor's score

Okay, even I don't feel up to a detailed pictorial recap of Eleanor Raptor's amorous career. (Eleanor herself wouldn't be particularly interested; unlike her mother Sally, Eleanor often loses interest in a relationship once it's been consummated.)

So we'll settle for a little montage:

The notches on Eleanor's bedpost
Roughly in order, that's John Danvers (the neighborhood's first extramarital affair and Eleanor's first conquest, made on her first day of adulthood), Kaylynn Langerak (the maid), Remington Harris (also the maid), Ivy Copur, Brandi LeTourneau, Kennedy Cox, Melissa Fancey, Joe Carr, Goppy Gilscarbo, Marylena Hamilton, Damion Cormier, Tiffany the firefighter, Amin Sims, George McCarthy, Suzette Somnius, Allegra Gorey, and Marie Mazza. (And yeah, my Photoshop skillz sadly don't extend much beyond setting a layer blending mode to "multiply".)

And then one fateful day she seduced the pizza delivery boy.

The remarkably-named Pierce Landchild.
At least I'm guessing he's the pizza boy from his jacket; I actually have no record or memory of when she met him.

And somehow, doing that familiar dance between the sheets, the world became perfect.

"Was it good for you?" "You have no idea."
Fifteen thousand influence points (and twenty-five thousand aspiration points, and permaplatinum status) for achieving her Lifetime Want. (Extremely attentive readers will notice that I've only listed eighteen lovers, not twenty; turns out that John and Ivy both counted twice: once for the bed and once for the changing booth.)

So, not all that long after her Mom (and at least a bit before that hussy newcomer Suzette), Eleanor Raptor is fulfilled.

Now once your headboard is entirely full of notches, what do you do next?

Last edited by dmchess on Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:35 pm
2/3: A new outlook

The first thing she did was throw a party (one of her informal "invite everyone who springs to mind or strolls by" parties, not one of those timed things.)

She used it to patch up some family bonds.
She and Gina are making up for a little disagreement they had over Suzette downtown; I may post some of those pictures someday. (Note that Marisa Zoom thinks Kennedy's hot.)

After the party broke up, she stayed up to watch the dawn, happy (of course) and contemplative. Seduction was no longer the driving force in her life. What could replace it?

Shortly after sunrise, she had the answer:

Money!
This was entirely due to her hanging around Kennedy so much, and complex psychological forces. The peculiar orb with the one burned-out lightbulb on the side had nothing to do with it. *8)

And to go with her new outlook on life, she got some new clothes.

Looks good in anything, doesn't she?
She and Kennedy are wearing glasses again, by the way, because when I installed NL it turned out they were both turned on by glasses, and the message seemed obvious.

Her new LTW is good old Criminal Mastermind (yawn, how unusual). She'll be the first Raptor in that line of work if she decides to pursue it (there were no appropriate openings when she checked the computer that first day).

Last edited by dmchess on Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:53 pm
3/3: Surprise

"I see things your way now, lover."
"No more sleeping around for me; I'm gonna be a greedy so-and-so like you!"

"You can't imagine how happy that makes me, Eleanor."
"I just happened to have this box concealed in my sleeve."

"Oh my gosh!"
"It looks so -- expensive!"

Slow dancing.
She accepted, of course.

The happy couple cuddling.
Looking fondly into the prosperous future.

Well, that was unexpected!

(Her next Romance LTW was to have 20 simultaneous lovers; that would have meant making up with or replacing about seven of her former woohoo mates. But that didn't fit her nearly as well as it did her mother; I'd been thinking for some time that personality-wise she seemed to be sort of coming to resemble Kennedy, and... So here we are. They are, I think, the only couple in my game that have three lightning bolts for each other. Lots of floating hearts and swooning in this house now! I hadn't really planned to do the whole engagement thing, or at least not so quick, but once again the characters have taken over the story.)

Last edited by dmchess on Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:29 pm
LooseChanj wrote:
Quote:
new source of lovers for her 20 Woohoo LTW...

I laughed myself to death when I came across that one, and thought of that moron who was all up in arms about sims being too anatomically correct.

*8) Yeah, we had a discussion about him here on the bbs the other aeon. I find him pretty annoying, but since he's mostly trying to accuse TS2 of being a tool of child-abusers (phht), he may not be complaining (yet?) about the lascivious LTWs...

Anyway, Eleanor's put all that sort of thing behind her now! *8)
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:56 am
really cool story as usual! Thank you. I like the way her aspiration changes to match her new love, and that they have 3 lightning bolts... when that happens in my game I let it take over too, feels somehow important.

And how did you get him to propose, and her to accept, sitting down? Or is that a hack? I want my Sims to sit down more, they seem to do everything running about. flower
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:32 am
Thanks much, Sita! It was a fun one to write also.

Sita wrote:
And how did you get him to propose, and her to accept, sitting down? Or is that a hack? I want my Sims to sit down more, they seem to do everything running about.

It's new as of Nightlife: "Propose / Surprise Engagement" while both parties are seated (close together). I guess those old-fashioned standing-up engagements aren't surprises. *8) NL has a whole bunch of new seated interactions that I haven't explored thoroughly yet.
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:55 am
Yes, I had a major shock when I told one Sim to interact with another, sitting Sim, and the Sim sat down before starting the interaction!

No, I don't remember what the action was.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:49 pm
Raptor-Cox Wedding Pictures I
From the private journal of Dawn Raptor

So okay Mom asked me to come and take pictures at Eleanor's wedding. Me, that is, at a wedding. What was she thinking? Rose is the wedding type, why didn't she ask her? Just because Rose's never actually met Eleanor, I guess.

I said to Rose that she could pretend to be me, have fun, see a wedding, meet her long-lost older sister and everything. But she just sort of rolled her eyes and said "Pretend to be you?" in this sort of voice and well fine if she wants to be that way about it.

So I was a good girl and took some pictures and emailed them to Mom and Eleanor and so as to remember what really happened I'm also going to put them in here and write down the Context, because Context is important.

The guests arrive. It's not a very good shot because everyone was coming from different directions, and they refused to go away and come back in a more organized way so I could get a better picture. Anyway, for future generations that's dad (Mitch "Captain Fireman" Lawson) on the left, then Eleanor Raptor the yuck blushing bride, then her younger sister Gina Raptor, and then our famous mom Sally Raptor in her hot formal.

Socializing before the happy yuck event. Actually I'm testing out the self-timer here on Eleanor's deck. It's a nice deck, with a hot tub and a pinball machine and stuff. That's Kennedy Cox the yuck handsome groom on the left; he was like hiding inside for the last picture. And that's mom in her formal, which is completely hot and why doesn't my formal look like that? Mine's not bad, really; it looks sort of dowdy and proper from a distance, but the fabric is really thin so there's this sort of ambush effect as you approach. At least that's my theory.

My big sisters sitting down to a nice game of chess. Looks like that whole Suzette Somnius incident from the other day has blown over; how I laughed! Anyway, they took forever to get around to the actual yuck wedding.

Here are the yuck happy couple "practicing" under the yuck wedding arch. Right now the full horror should be sinking in: this is the only guy you're ever allowed to kiss again, Sis! And you used to be so cool.

The intrepid photographer takes a much-needed rest inside. I didn't email this one to anyone, needless to say, the self-timer went off sort of by accident. Remember, granny Dawn of the future, all the time you spent bored eating chips and waiting for your sister's yuck wedding to start. Good times. NOT!
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:02 pm
Raptor-Cox Wedding Pictures II
From the private journal of Dawn Raptor

Finally getting down to yuck business. Dad's late getting to his seat as usual. Notice the (sort of hot, really) gardener walking in stage right; remember her.

Exchanging rings. Notice the nauseatingly happy look on my sister's about-to-be-married face.

Ooh, the die is cast. You are dead to me now, Eleanor. Or not really, but still yuck.

Hurray, hurrah. But notice the attractive redheaded woman in the front row (alone in the front row, now that I notice it. Ha!). That's the gardener again, she's changed clothes and come to the yuck wedding without an invitation or anything. Nervy. I hope I'm nervy like that.

The ceremonial kiss. Not a bad-looking kiss. Memo to self: try with Nicole at first opportunity. I wonder if Kennedy is a good kisser.
:story: Living with the Raptors