Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Game: Sim House Limbo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Re:Game: Sim House Limbo
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:22 pm
Fully Functional 1x3 Loo!

Miss Lycan Thrope demonstrates the 1x3 bathroom.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't.

Yippee! It works! To test the concept of a fully functional 1x3 bathroom, I built one on the roof of my Bathroom Test Facility on Jeannie Jump's lot in Bonnyview Shores. I use this lot for testing Really Weird things. I made the john with glass walls, floor, and ceiling so that you can see the layout.

Here we see one of the /v/i/c/t/i/m/s/ residents, Lycan Thrope, successfully engaging in her morning ablutions while engaging in a stellar expression of simmish exhibitionism.

Fully refreshed and ready to face the day!
"What?" Lycan says. "You say you don't wear a black rubber leotard with matching
thigh-high boots and maroon tights in the morning? You poor dear! Some people
just have no fashion sense at all!"

I also had Lycan try out the necessary, since she had to go and I wanted to test it. After taking care of her personal business, she dutifully washed her hands. So now we have a complete test of the fully functional 1x3 Loo! If you were to outfit this thing with the cheap plumbing and an Ingelogical bathroom door, you'd have the perfect 'fresher for the Limbo House!

Well, now it's time for Lycan to get back to her house and take care of the alien babies! She is really wanting to get that done so that she can get abducted again today, but we offer her our heart-felt thanks for taking time out from her busy schedule to test our new bathroom.

We just might hear a bit more more about Lycan and Jeannie's alien babies really soon.

Re:Game: Sim House Limbo
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:28 pm
miros1 wrote:
Lol! My downstairs bathroom is the standard 1x3 with the potty at one end, the sink at the other, and the door in the middle...

Nothing like that "closed in" feeling when in the Loo, huh Rose? lol

I swear the Loo off our kitchen must have been a pantry at some point! = O hehe

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:33 pm
Greg wrote:
We just might hear a bit more more about Lycan and Jeannie's alien babies really soon.

I can't wait to see what you'll come up with Greg! (I can only imagine) =) lol

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:09 pm
Jean du Lac's Tiny Little Cabin

This one doesn't qualify for the challenge because it doesn't have all the amenities in the shopping list, but Jean du Lac is nevertheless quite happy with his tiny little cabin!

Jean du Lac's Tiny Little Cabin

Jean's avocation is Knowledge. On his sixth day in Bonnyview Shores, he's already a Science Teacher, well on his way to achieving his goal of becoming a Mad Scientist.

Jean in his cabin.

Here he is, groovin' to the music. The boy knows how to have fun! He has managed to entertain (and feed) two guests at the same time and even had an amorous encounter with a Romance kinda gal at the hotel atop the Bonnyview Shores Community Center. You might recall that hotel as the place that Nikki had a Close Encounter of the Third Kind with a drow.

The living section of Jean's house is just 4x5, and into his 3x3 bedroom wing he has been able to stuff a bed, locker, and full-featured bathroom! He could fit a television into the space next to the front door, but so far he hasn't been interested. He seems happier to be paying only $88 in bills!

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:41 pm
that is VERY cute. Grin

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:21 am
It's my attempt to build the tiniest, most efficient house where a sim can still be happy. I have an inkling that I can come up with a way to trim off a few more floor tiles somewhere.

Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:00 am
Your rules didn't say he needed a computer - Move the bookshelf a square back from perspective, get rid of the desk, and replace it with a cheap table & chair. Stereo on a cheap end table beneath the mirror. DMA thingies on the corners of the room.
Does he really need two sinks?

Three tiles saved there.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:28 pm
The rules don't say he needs a computer, but Jean is of a different opinion!

Kitchen

You have a very good point about that redundant sink. Since he has a dishwasher, he can be a sim without a kitchen sink. I could even get rid of the dishwasher and let him wash dishes in the bathroom. On the other hand, it really bothers me to have a kitchen without a sink. Sims don't use them for anything but washing dishes, but real people surely do.

If you can stand to build a kitchen without a sink, the minimum kitchen size seems to be 2x4. That's four squares wide for:
    Refrigerator
    Food prep counter with dishwasher below
    Range
    Food processor on counter with trash compactor below

The other 4 squares are required for the access corridor. If, like me, you just have to have a kitchen sink, add 2 more squares and make it 2x5.

There might be a way to squish the space by turning a corner with the counters, but since the corner counters are wasted in The Sims 2, I doubt that will help. Can you put the boom box on a corner counter?

Trying to replace the trash masher with a wastebasket is a net negative. You lose the ability to put things on top of the counter. (In real life, you'd just put a wastebasket under the counter, probably the one that holds the sink.)

Bedroom & Bathroom

I think 3x3 is the absolute smallest area that you can cram a bedroom plus bathroom into. There's not a single bit of wasted space in Jean du Lac's bedroom suite. All I can do to make that space more efficient would be to add wall cabinets, which would just be decorative items for a sim but practical in real life.

Now that I look at it, I should have put the bath on the other side of the bedroom where it would have defined a wet wall along with the kitchen sink. Sims don't care about these things, but I do!

Living Area

Jean's house has one unused square next to the door, and maybe two more in front of the boom box and the bookcase. I made the area in front of the desk 4 squares wide so that he could get to the kitchen stuff with his desk chair in place. On the other hand, I didn't even try it to see what would happen if he had to scoot around the desk chair to get to the kitchen stuff.

Last night when Jean had two ladies over (actually Kaylynn and a girlfriend he met downtown), they did use up a lot of the space. If the main corridor in the living area were only one square wide and they had to scoot around the desk chair (if they even can), they might not have room for such essential activities as dancing and back rubbing.

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:54 pm
i.ie. sinks....I always have one around with babies, so I can give them cute sink baths, then I get rid of them Grin

Wytch's Brew
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:01 pm
I don't suppose you want to know that infants never have to be bathed, huh?
embarrassed

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:40 pm
Greg wrote:
I don't suppose you want to know that infants never have to be bathed, huh?
embarrassed

Um, I've had babies exuding green stuff that stuck around after changing a dirty diaper... Of course, I've only had 3 so far in my game.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:29 pm
I've never seen that happen. If you change an infant's diaper, the baby's hygiene is maxed. They might have changed this with Nightlife, though.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:51 pm
I'm playing S2 + Holiday Pack right now. Uni and Nightlife have to wait for the next checks.

I'm pretty sure I've seen green smell after changing, but maybe I got it backward... green smell between bathing and changing, maybe.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 3:20 am
I know Grin I just think it's cute. It bumps up their social too.

Wytch's Brew
door placement
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:21 pm
A question on the tiny 1x3 bathrooms. If I try to recreate what you have made, Greg, the door will not place opposite the shower? What am I missing?
Game: Sim House Limbo