Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Is anyone still playing The Sims 1?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Re:Is anyone still playing The Sims 1?
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:38 pm
Nancy wrote:
Well, my own :02: I prefer the Sims. I'm waiting to get my systems organized so I can start playing again.
I don't know what it is about the Sims2, but I'm not that fond of it.
Therefore, I would suggest everyone leave their Sims creations online for people like me who really favor the original game.
I know I'm not the only on who feels this way.
Whether we call them "Yesteday's Treasures", or Classics, I do believe they should remain online for those of us who prefer the Sims. :winky:

I thought Yesterday's Treasures were sites that hadn't updated in ages. Guess I should get mine updated or I'll be in that catagory!

Webpages are usually pretty tiny compared to graphics and downloads, IMHO.

Rose/Miros

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:05 pm
Quote:
I thought Yesterday's Treasures were sites that hadn't updated in ages. Guess I should get mine updated or I'll be in that catagory!

You're right, Rose. I thought that's what you were talking about.
I don't care what way we do it, I just want to see the Sims objects to remain available.

nanci2121
miros1
Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:58 am
Well, I had another crash that apparently came down to "too much junk" so I burned a bunch of stuff to cd and took it out of the game... but that means there's more room for more junk, right?

Rose/Miros

elaine619
New SimsHost Friend
Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:22 pm
:shades1: I am still playing Sims 1. I actually prefer in to 2!

Extreme SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:51 am
I played Sims 1 last weekend. Took me most of my Saturday to load it and get to the right neighbourhood (I got greedy and made 15 neighbourhoods). Serves me right, I suppose. I'm still in love with Sims 1. What with all the magic and holidays in the snow. Whereas with Sims 2 it's not quite the same. I actually can go to the pantry and get something to eat and find that the game has loaded by the time I'm back!
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:59 am
Okay, I felt a Poll was called for . . . Poll Here =)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Friend of SimsHost
Post Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:28 pm
There are a lot of die hard Sims 1 fans for one reason or another. Sims Addicted is going full steam ahead with games and downloads for Sims1 "Yay Melynda" and some things for Sims2-mostly prizes for the games played. There are many newbies at different sites who just found the Sims1 due to the delux packs and are slowly finding out about downloads. So I know I am upset when a Sims1 site closes, especially since sometimes I haven't heard of them untill there is an announcement on a list group that they are closing.
nannynette
miros1
Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:41 am
Hi Nannynette!

Glad to see you here!

As you can see from my Custom Title, I am the last semi-regular Sims 1 updater, but even I've started making skins for S2! Don't have the game, but BodyShop and DataGen keep me going.

I do have a bunch of S1 stuff made that needs to go up...

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:56 am
I hadn't played for awhile (although it was the fact that I'd started playing The Sims again that inspired my wife to get me TS2 for Father's Day (I think it was Father's Day anyway) this year). But seeing this thread pop up inspired me. Took awhile to find the Unleashed CD in the mess (and why do I have so many copies of Alpha Centauri?), but I did, and it still works fine! Everyone's so tiny and low-res and cute! *8) It was neat being in there again. There's definitely alot more Stuff than in TS2, what with all the expansions. Maybe once my current TS2 addiction dies down a bit I'll finally get around to installing Superstar and Makin' Magic... *8)

I do hope the older original Sims stuff doesn't all vanish from the Net. Someone should put together a set of compilation CDs or something...

DC
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:27 pm
dmchess wrote:
...I do hope the older original Sims stuff doesn't all vanish from the Net. Someone should put together a set of compilation CDs or something...

A few webmasters have made CD's when they closed their sites, but that's kind of trivial compared to the umptygigabytes of Sims 1 stuff on SimsHost. Grin

As long as there are Sims fans who want it, we'll continue to keep it on line. That's how it works! lol

leigh
New SimsHost Friend
Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:10 pm
:1eye:

i still play the sims 1 but thats only because i dont have the sims 2 and even if i did i cant run it one my computer. but i still like to play the sims 1
miros1
Post Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:49 pm
Me neither! BodyShop will run on this beast iff (if and only if) you don't spin the Sim around to look at the back view. The second you do that, it a) crashes politely b) hangs the whole system c) blue screens...

Gonna try putting one together from parts scattered around my house, wish me luck!

Zenmistress
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:19 am
miros1 wrote:

Gonna try putting one together from parts scattered around my house, wish me luck!

Good Luck Rose!!

I can't have both on my system, so I gave up S1 for S2. I don't really miss it, and its easier to recolor for S2, and make clothing. I never got the hang of that for S1.

Eveningstar
Extreme SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:52 am
My solution was to have two computers. I guess that means I'll be getting another computer if I'm still alive when Sims 3 comes out.
Valeiren
SimsHost Veteran
Post Posted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:20 pm
Hi,
I found this thread fascinating. I just started playing The Sims 2 weeks ago, so yes I'm still playing that version. I probably will for a long time since my system is older and will not be upgraded for at least 3 years. very sad Oh well, I find The Sims to be great fun and I'm almost overwhelmed by all the stuff that I can get for it. (It is my personal goal to get ALL of Dincer Hepguler's stuff.) Being on dial up sucks for downloading though. I was into dolling for several years and can literally feel my fingers itching to try drawing my own Sims stuff, but haven't a clue how or where to find out how. The one tutorial I looked at was so confusing that I gave up. I would love to find more stuff for MM, but haven't seen much at all on that. Currently I've downloaded all the winter/Christmas themed stuff and will be creating an entire winter neighborhood next. I just wanted to check out what all was being said here first.

Anyway, that said, I would say YES, please keep the Sims 1 stuff up!

"All the time believing that it all comes down to nothing but this chance!" - Savatage
Is anyone still playing The Sims 1?