Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic The Sims 2 University EP - Yay or Nay?

The Sims 2 University EP - Yay or Nay?
Yay (yes)
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
Nay (no)
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:30 am
YAY: Are you looking forward to the release of the first EP for the Sims 2? Vote in the poll then post here and share what you're looking forward to most in this expansion pack! =)

NAY: If you hate the entire concept of S2U share what you don't like about the theme of this upcoming EP.

For further info see:

http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep1_index.php

and

http://pc.ign.com/articles/573/573092p1.html?fromint=1
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:32 am
I'm looking forward to the new Young Adult age group (skipping from teen to adult really leaves a "void").

And also, the Ramen noodles . . . yum! :winky:
To buy or not to buy
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:36 am
I will probably buy it if it includes more things to do on the community lots, which I consider a bust as they are now. I also find the concept of another life stage and possibly more professions to be a plus.

I didn't buy the last two expansion packs for SIMS 1.

-SCG
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:20 pm
Just found out that S2U will be in stores on March 3rd! The day before my birthday! Woooooot! lol Now that's a nice birthday present! =D

After viewing the S2U videos, I really want the Cow Plant! In fact, I need the Cow Plant for a few pesky sims that just need to "go away now". :neutral2: hehe

Also, I heard that with the Cow Plant you can milk it and get "The Elixir of Life" from it, which will be handy. Not sure what you have to do in terms of feeding the plant to get the elixir though, if I find out soon I'll post back regarding this. =)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:06 am
This is a mixed yes. In some ways I'm looking forward to it just to see what new mischief a sim can get into and for the new objects and careers. Otherwise, I'm not sure it will add much more to the game.

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:41 pm
New objects! yay!

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:10 pm
I voted Yay but I have some trepidation about the University expansion pack. If the folks at EA are consistent, then the University expansion pack will be all about the hedonistic adventures of college bums with nothing at all about, or even disdain for, the real reason that people go to school.

So, while I'm looking forward to new objects and maybe even new careers, I rather dread how they might portray college life. What will happen to the institutions of higher learning when we turn loose a bunch of sociopathic, self-obsessed, neurotic sims to plague their halls?

Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:27 pm
Well I found out a couple of things since my last post regarding S2U:

If memory serves, when your sims go to university as they progress they'll earn more "want" slots (among other things) and by the end (if they graduate) they'll have 6 and also an extra "fear" slot.

From what I understand it's going to be a "blend" between usual college antics and academics. At first I wasn't looking forward to this EP (when I very first heard of it) but after reading at the following link (the letters home), I was sold. Besides, doesn't everyone have use for the Cow Plant? >=) hehe

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/sims-2-university/582314p1.html

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:45 pm
It definitely seems to have some promise!

I'm for sure going to be very careful to back up my existing game before installing the expansion pack. The chances are that installation of the expansion pack will go smoothly but I definitely do not want to repeat my experience with the bomb that wiped out Happy Valley!