Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic :tutorial: Sending Adults to University . . .
:tutorial: Sending Adults to University . . .
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 1:36 am
:ohgreg:

I didn't want to clutter up the Happy Valley thread with my question, so I thought I'd start a new thread to ask . . .

Regarding sending Adult Sims back to college . . . I tried what you suggested here but I must be doing something wrong. :doubt:

When I transform an adult back to young adult (while in the neighborhood) I have no idea "how" to get them to college. Honestly at that point I'm at a "standstill" because I also don't know how to move "families" to campus (did I miss something? I must have . . . then again, I'm always the "last" to know. lol)
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 2:01 am
Oh! Yeah, I should have covered that.

After I made them young adults, I had a kid who was already on campus invite them into the household. I got the Bennetts there by first having someone else invite Gloria Baybrace to join an on-campus household. Gloria moved Della with her.

Then Gloria and Della moved out of that house and built Manse Collegium.

Then Gloria invited the Bennetts to join their family. So in my game, Manse Collegium shows up with the family name "Baybrace."

I was going to move Gloria and Della out but they're good babysitters, the house has their name on it, and it looks like they'll be there long after the Bennetts have moved out. Since the kids can't go to school from a house on campus I'm running the Bennetts through their education as fast as possible. Once they graduate I'll get them back into the city where the kids can get back into school.

(Of course, Barry doesn't give a flip, but Amanda and Alexander are of a different opinion.)

Last edited by Greg on Fri May 20, 2005 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 12:31 pm
Oh . . . okay! =D

Thanks Greg! =)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Re::tutorial: Sending Adults to University . . .
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:56 am
Bringing back an old thread but... how can they have children at University, as they clearly have in your stories Greg? Do they take the kids with them when invitred to move in or can they actully BE pregnant/give birth there?
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:59 am
Gregsim and She took their 3 kids to college with them, but Melody gave birth there if I'm reading the other thread correctly.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:28 am
The Bennetts brought the children with them when they moved in.

The base game might not allow you to invite a town family to move into a University lot. I think they were able to move in because I have a hack that allows you to move in teens; it seems to open it up to allow you to invite *anybody* to move in.

(Specifically, I originally installed the teenwoohoo_6 hack so that I could rescue NPC teens from Never Never Land. It has the move-in feature. Then I started playing with it, using the only teen male available in my game at the time, and that's where all those baby bombs came from. That would have been a nuisance, but now I'm thinking it's a good thing that I goofed up so many times because it gives my main viewpoint characters an interesting past and some interesting personality quirks.)

I've had babies born on campus--Meadow's twins and a couple of others. (They were a double-whammy baby bomb that surprised the frijoles outta me. I wish I had captured the images better.) Here was happy little Meadow going to school so she could get all the advantages of a college degree, and then ka-boing!

Meadow's twins were born on campus.
You get three guesses about who the father is, and the first two don't count.

I think in all cases where babies were born on campus, the sequence of events was like this:

1. Adult female sim got pregnant in town.
2. I changed age to Young Adult (via boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, then shift-click on sim).
3. I invited the Young Adult sim to move into a place on campus.
4. Baby was born on campus; and remained an infant.
5. When sim moved back to town after graduation, baby grew to toddlerhood.

In my game, one or two co-eds have become pregnant while on campus. This didn't seem to interrupt their education at all; they didn't have their babies until they moved back to town.

Just in case anyone is worried about what became of single-mom Meadow: She graduated Summa_Cum_Laude and is happily married to a really nice Army boy. They live just down the block from Manse Orleans. Greg visits the twins almost every day and while he's at work, She is there cooing over the kids.

:tutorial: Sending Adults to University . . .