Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: The Aardvarkians
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:33 am
Did Carson and Trillian fall off the face of the earth?

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:10 am
Marmy wrote:
Did Carson and Trillian fall off the face of the earth?

Not at all. They just didn't have any lines in this episode since it takes place almost entirely off campus and they were too busy with their school work to go on location to shoot cameos.

They'll be back in the spotlight once the story's focus moves back to campus. That is especially inevitable now that the network has renewed the series for a third season. smile

Now, if I can just figure out where the script girl left those scripts...

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:02 pm
The stunt guy used them for bandages...

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:09 pm
The Aardvarkians
Chapter 31: Athwart the Sands of Time

While her brother was working on getting his Freshman year behind him and trying to figure out how to get to know girls, Eilan was doing what she could to make ends meet and fix up that old cabin on the hill north of Happy Valley.

Things were going reasonably well for Eilan, but her biological clock was ticking. She had two major goals in her life at that time: to achieve a financial state where she could comfortably support herself and, since she didn't think she could make a fortune of her own without a college education, to marry into wealth. Unfortunately, she was getting on toward middle age and the chances that she would be able to marry a wealthy man were rapidly diminishing. There just weren't any rich guys in town who were looking for a geriatric Jezebel.

She was not going to get rich selling Slushies at the convenience store.

There weren't even any rich guys looking for a trophy wife of any age and, from what she had heard about them, no prospects of any of their wives conveniently dying. That left only the possibility of marrying of their sons, who at that time were college students or younger.

How was Eilan to compete with the younger gals in town? Being just two days from elderhood, she coudn't.

She went to see Dr. Tolad. He advised her that Dr. Tolad's patented Elixir of Life was just the thing for her, and he would even give it to her free! With the elixir she could regain her youth and have another go at adult life, building on what she had already accomplished.

But there was a hitch. She needed some accomplishments to build on. Unless Eilan could come him feeling a tremendous sense of accomplishment, he would not allow her to drink the elixir. To try it when she was so down on herself would surely backfire and could even result in instant death.

"What kind of accomplishment?" Eilan asked. It sounded like a Catch 22. She had to achieve her big goal before she could get the stuff she needed to achieve her big goal.

"Anything," Dr. Tolad said. "Anything that you really want to do. What is your secret goal?"

Eilan secretly wanted to be a great artist.

She thought about it. "I've always wanted to be a great artist," she said. "I want to be able to paint a masterpiece that people will remember for generations to come!"

"Then that is what you should do!" Dr. Tolad advised. "Pursue that aspiration and you will gain the feeling of personal accomplishment that you need for this to work."

Back at the cabin, Eilan painted. And she painted and she painted and she painted. As she painted, the things that seemed most difficult became routine and new, even more difficult things came up. The more she painted, the more she learned, until finaly she realized that she had advanced dramatically in her talent.

At the last hour Eilan earned the Elixir of Life!*

It was then that she again went to visit Dr. Tolad. He told her that she was glowing brightly in her personal fulfillment, and she was ready for the Elixir of Life. By the time she had left his office, she had recovered her youth so that she again looked and felt as young as she was on the day she got back from college.

This time, though, Eilan felt that she was ready to face the world on its own terms. Bring on those spoiled rich brats! She was ready to teach them how to be real men!

----------
*In the game she made it by a margin thinner than the fabric of her shirt, gathering enough aspiration points at about 4:30 PM on the day she would have become an elder!

Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:19 pm
Quote:
*In the game she made it by a margin thinner than the fabric of her shirt, gathering enough aspiration points at about 4:30 PM on the day she would have become an elder!

I'll say that shirt is thin. blush I like it!! Grin

nanci2121
miros1
Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:55 pm
Personally, I suspect Greg has a whole collection of the Maxis clothes made out of peek-a-boo materials...

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:10 pm
miros1 wrote:
Personally, I suspect Greg has a whole collection of the Maxis clothes made out of peek-a-boo materials...

Not the whole collection.

Yet.

miros1
Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:48 pm
I think "yet" is the operative word there...

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:19 pm
*whew* that was close! thanks for not making an old maid of her. lol..kinda looking forward to Eilan babies Grin

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:33 pm
Quote:
Yet.

Rolling on the Floor Laughing That's my Greg!!

nanci2121
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:46 am
Liss wrote:
*whew* that was close! thanks for not making an old maid of her. lol..kinda looking forward to Eilan babies Grin

Yup, it was terrifyingly close!

I had a backup plan, though it would have required a total departure from Eilan's character development: I could have used the Testing Cheats to get her aspiration to the top, teleported her into the Bennetts' house, plunked the Elixir down right next to her, and had her chug the whole bottle.

Before I did that, though, I wanted to see if I could have her do it on her own. And she did!

Yeah, yeah, I know it doesn't matter to the game because the sim wouldn't know that she got a major free handout for something she could have earned for herself, but I would know!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:20 pm
The Aardvarkians
Chapter 32: Cyrnic's Obsession

Back at the dorm, Cyrnic continued to pursue his studies. He took advantage of every opportunity to join group studies with the enigmatic Exhibita.

Something in the way she moves...
Carson's legs make a cameo appearance next to Jonas Flanders.

'I don't even know her real name,' Cyrnic thought, 'but there's just something about her!'

He was really excited about the day when she sat down next to him to do her class assignment while he was working on his term paper. Not a word was exchanged between them, but she did choose to sit right next to him!

Oh joy! Oh rapture! She sat next to him!

He saw her everywhere. In the cafeteria. In class. In study sessions. Coming and going around campus. They almost never spoke to each other, but he felt he was really getting to know her!

He saw her everywhere!
Trillian, Wilhemina, and Exhibita after class.

In fact, he ran into her so often that he hoped she didn't think he was stalking her!

miros1
Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:29 am
Greg wrote:
Yeah, yeah, I know it doesn't matter to the game because the sim wouldn't know that she got a major free handout for something she could have earned for herself, but I would know!

Isn't that the whole reason for having "no cheat" houses and/or hoods?

Because YOU KNOW, not the characters.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:01 pm
miros1 wrote:
Greg wrote:

Isn't that the whole reason for having "no cheat" houses and/or hoods?

Because YOU KNOW, not the characters.

I think you missed the point. I was talking about getting a free handout from other people in the community and how that would affect the story. This was about philosophy, not cheat codes.

miros1
Post Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:07 pm
Like the Bennetts don't have more of everything than God?

Sponging off them is really the moral equivalent of using a cheat...

:story: The Aardvarkians