Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: The Aardvarkians
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
:story: The Aardvarkians
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:27 pm

Who are these people, and what do they know?

All will be revealed in the fullness of time. Stay tuned!

Jump to Chapter 1: Strangers in a Strange Land
This link jumps past the discussion.

Last edited by Greg on Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:23 am; edited 5 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:25 am
Aardvarkians
Preface

Just a few days ago in the village of Marmyhood, a teenager named Trillian Crandall was showing the stories of The Llama and The Cow to her brother Carson.

"Oh golly, Carson," she said. "They have so much fun at Happy Valley University! I wish we could go there!"

Carson put his arm around her and patted her shoulder. "I dunno, sis," he said. "It looks pretty expensive. Just look at those houses! It even says here that some of those kids are millionaires!"

Trillian sighed. "Yeah, I suppose so. Besides, we don't have a way to get there, so I guess it's boring old Sim State U for us. Darn."

"Well, hey, let's not give up on the idea," Carson said. "Happy Valley University offers a Ph.D. in Physics! If there's any way we could get there, that's the place for me!"

Trillian giggled. "I'm thinking more about getting an M.R.S. than a Ph.D., but with all those good-looking rich guys around, Happy Valley U would be a good place for me to look for one!"

Carson snapped his fingers--

"Hey! Not so close to my ear!"

"Oops! Sorry! But I know! Let's ask Aunt Marmy! She knows everything! If there's a way for us to get to Happy Valley University, she'll know!"

Fortunately, it's easy for sim to contact Aunt Marmy. They just have to look out of the screen and jump up and down. For sims, this is the equivalent of prayer.

"Aunt Marmy!" says Trillian. "Yooo hooo! Can we go to Happy Valley University? Please! Please! Please!"

A woman's voice echoed throughout the land. "Well, of course you can," it said. "I can get you there, but after that, you're on your own! You understand that, don't you?"

"We understand," Carson said.

"Oh, thank you, Aunt Marmy! We'll be good!," Trillian said. "I promise! Really we will!"

"Well, if you must," the voice said. "OK now, close your eyes and make a wish! Get aboard the Zip Express on Transserver Cyberlines, and you'll be there in a flash!"

~Don't touch that dial! Stay tuned for the continuing adventures of Trillian and Carson at The Big U!~

This story originated in this message in the tales of The Llama and The Cow.

Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 10:51 am
lol!! LOVE the intro! (hehe...can you tell I went to see Hitchhiker's this past weekend? I so loved those books!)

Aunt Marmy waves to the kids as they step into the worm hole that is the Transserver Cyberlines, blows them a kiss, and says "So long and thanks for all the fish!"

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:09 pm
A curiosity Marsha...I downloaded your sims and Trillian doesn't have the custom hair. It shows it in her thumbnail, but she has regular maxis black straight hair in the game.

Very nice looking sims, by the way!

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:41 pm
Might be that the mesh wasn't included. If you want it, I'll send it. Especially since you can get Janna's hair styles from her web site for free. Don't feel too bad about passing them around as I would if she were asking for donations or charging for download.

--------------------

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:33 pm
Nah, she still looks good. I would like a link to the site though Grin

Wytch's Brew
Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:40 pm
Here's a pic of her the way she looked when I packaged her.....

I'll have to look for her link. I don't go there often.

--------------------

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:35 pm
Aardvarkians
Chapter 1: Strangers in a Strange Land

Trillian and Carson Arrive at Casteroff Dormitory

After a long day of travel, the taxi dropped Trillian and Carson off in front of Casteroff Dormitory. Trillian was feeling exhausted, but elated that they were finally off on their own.

"Oof!" Carson said. "I feel like I've been squished and then squished again. This speed-of-light travel is for the birds! Or at least for photons! Geez! Remind me not to get installed very often!"

"Oh, the cyberlines trip wasn't much, but I liked the ride in from the cyberport! Can you believe the speed that cabbie was taking those turns?" Trillian said. "That was really exciting!"

Carson shrugged. "Such excitement, I can do without, sis! I think the driver was just making up the time he lost when you stopped at that beauty parlor to have your hair redone. I still don't know why you did that. I liked it better the old way."

"Oh, I thought I'd try something new. New life. New town. New Trillian!"

Carson rewarded her with a petulant pout. "Well, I liked the old Trillian."

"Well, really, so did I. Maybe I can pick up a bottle of dye in campus town so you can have your baby sister back."

"Yeah, listen to your grandpa, youngster!" Carson said. "I have 19 minutes more age and wisdom to apply to these decisions!"

"Well, grandpa, did you get a look at this place? It seems much bigger than it looked in the brochure."

Casteroff Dormitory at Happy Valley University

"Oh wow! They've added a third floor!" Carson said. "It still looks like a blockhouse on a missile test range, though."

Trillian was disappointed that the dorm seemed even more austere in real life that it appeared in the brochure, but it hardly mattered. She was at the BIG U! Happy Valley University! She was really here! "Never mind, that, Sonny. Be it ever so humble, there's no place like dorm. We're here!"

"Some other kids are here, too!" Carson said. "C'mon, sis, let's go meet them!"

Trillian briefly studied the couple chatting on the dorm's front porch. "Hmm... you just want to get a closer look at that lace top she's wearing--"

"Hrmph. I have no interest at all in her lace top."

"Just to contents of the lace top, eh?" Trillian said. "I know you too well, big brother. Do try to keep your eyes in your head. Eye contact remember? And--uh oh--be careful. Look at the size of that rock on her finger!"

"Yeah, I noticed the rock. If that sparkler were any bigger I'd be tempted to put on sunglasses!"

"Stay close, bro. I'm kinda nervous about this."

Edit: Fixed a typo.

Last edited by Greg on Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:20 pm
Aardvarkians
Chapter 2: Jonas and Wilhemina

The Crandall Kids Meet Jonas and Wilhemina
You can download Wilhemina's top from this topic.

Trillian was relieved to discover that Jonas was almost as shy, and almost as new, as she was. He seemed surgically attached to Wilhemina. Part of that was affection, but it seemed like almost as it much it was that they provided each other with a lot of moral support. However, it only took a couple of minutes of nattering about the non-existent weather to break the ice.

"--just three days ago," Jonas was saying. "The day we got here they tore off the roof and added the third story. I heard that when the Franks boys arrived on campus they noticed there was a housing shortage. So they called their parents and suddenly the college got a grant to expand the on-campus student housing everywhere."

"Is this place as bad as it looks from the outside?" Wilhemina asked. "It's all we can afford but--"

Jonas raised a hand. "No worries, Trillian! Jonas is here! Let me show you what we did with our room!"

"Um, can Carson come to?"

"Of course! Besides, there's a very strong reason why I wouldn't even consider being alone with you in our room."

"And that is--?"

"I'm not bulletproof."

"Oh."

"Right."

"Hmmm... what about those Franks boys that you mentioned?"

"Solidly attached. Both of them. But don't worry; there are lots of available guys on campus!"

"And I'm only looking for one!" Wilhemina said brightly.

"Strong family values?"

"Yup! Brother and me both! It's how we were raised!"

"Us too," Jonas said. Then, a little louder, "Willie, let's show them what we did with our room!"

"Good idea!" Wilhemina said. "Carson was just telling me that they were disappointed that they couldn't afford one of the places with the fancy suites. They were hoping they'd be able to room together at least until they get to know the place."

"Excellent, excellent," Jonas said. "We can solve that little problem! We didn't like those dinky little single rooms any more than you do. C'mon, Willie, bring your boobs; Carson will follow."

"Hey! I wasn't looking--" Carson spluttered.

Wilhemina was already leading him toward the door. "Oh yeah?" she said. "What color are my eyes?"

"Um--"

"See?"

"I'm sorry--"

"Oh, there's no need to apologize!" Wilhemina said. "That's the first thing you need to learn about girls, Carson. I wouldn't dress this way if I didn't want you to look! It's very flattering!"

Carson looked sheepishly at Jonas, but Jonas just added, "Hey! Wait 'til you see her swimsuit! Now before that happens, let's get this straight. You are required to stare!"

"Doesn't it bother you?" Carson asked.

"Not at all," Jonas said. Then, with a grin he added, "and it really gets her motor running!"

Last edited by Greg on Mon May 16, 2005 9:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:17 pm
Aardvarkians
Chapter 3: The Wrecking Crew

Ouside Jonas and Wilhemina's Room on the First Floor of Casteroff Dormitory

When she saw the entrance to Jonas and Wilhemina's room, Trillian gasped. "Oh! You have a double--"

"Triple, actually," Jonas said. "All it took was a wrecking bar and a little imagination!"

"Don't forget my sledge hammer!" Wilhemina added.

"Definitely, not to forget the sledge hammer! Underneath the wallpaper, these walls are concrete blocks. They can be stubborn!"

"But didn't you get in trouble?" Carson asked.

"No problem," Jonas said. "I know Tommy Franks. His dad paid for this place!"

"So let's show 'em the room!" Wilhemina said.

Jonas and Wilhemina's Room

"Oh my goodness!" Trillian said. "You have a private bath! And a separate bedroom!"

"With a double bed!" Wilhemina added, with a mischievous grin. Seeing that her new friend was blushing beet red, she hastily went on. "We like to keep our computers in here so that they'll be available when we want them. If we put them out in the common area there would always be someone playing games on them."

"I like that idea," Carson said.

"Aw darn," Trillian said with a pout. "Now that I've seen your room I think I'll be even more disappointed with those dinky little four by fours."

"No problem, ma'am," Jonas said. He looked at Wilhemina out of the corners of his eyes and bobbed his eyebrows. "Still got your sledgehammer, m'dear?"

Trillian Turns on the Charm

"Oh, could you?" Trillian said. "Please? Please? Pretty please?"

"Don't worry, honey," Wilhemina said. "He loves to wreck things! Jonas is the ultimate iconoclast, and dinky little Maxian dorm rooms are the ultimate icon to him. You two just run upstairs and grab the two doors at the end of the hall right above ours."

"Yeah, that's good," Jonas said. "We'll need a two-bedroom suite this time, so we'll need a little more space. But we'll only need two rooms because we can put that wasted hallway space to good use. We couldn't do that down here because we had to leave access to the stairs."

"I told you we should have grabbed the rooms at the other end of the hall!" Wilhemina said.

"Yeah, I know. We live and we learn."

"What about grabbing two rooms at the other end of the hall?" Carson asked. "The back of the dorm has a view of the mountains--"

"Too late," Wilhemina said. "He already wrecked the room at that end for the servants quarters."

"Servant's quarters!" Trillian said. "Wha--"

Jonas interrupted with a grin. "As I said, I know Tommy Franks!"

-----
boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false. 'nuff said.

Last edited by Greg on Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:25 am; edited 3 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:27 pm
Marmy wrote:
...I'll have to look for her link. I don't go there often.

It looks like Janna's "Casual Hair" hair style from this page at Sims Connection.

Sims Connection is an independent subscription site, charging a minimum "donation" of $5 per month for "donator gifts" while offering quite a bit of free content. Good stuff.

Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:46 pm
oo, then they changed it. I do know that the mesh for the hair was free when I got it. I'll have to check and see if it's still free and if it is, I'll post it for download here.

--------------------

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:02 pm
It's still free, I found it and downloaded it.
http://www.simsconnection.com/

Wytch's Brew
Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:16 pm
OOPS my bad. It's a good thing it didn't show up cause it was by Echo and her stuff can only be found on TSR. However, the one that Greg linked is a free one and looks pretty much the same. Janna makes the most beautiful hair meshes so I have more of hers than anyone else. Now if I could just find some good guy meshes that were shorter and combed over but not back, I'd be happy.

--------------------

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:33 pm
Yup, if that's the right one, it's free.

I know what you mean about the guys' hair. If I could I would remove all but four or five of the Maxis meshes from the game. I don't want my sim guys to be slobs. Or the gals, either, for that matter.

Meanwhile, the story continues on page 2----->

Last edited by Greg on Wed May 11, 2005 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

:story: The Aardvarkians