Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic :dl: Kilimanjaro (Download)
:dl: Kilimanjaro (Download)
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:37 pm
Kilimanjaro

Kilimanjaro House
SimsHost subscribers can click on these links to download. Because of the huge file sizes, the lot and family are in separate downloads.
Click to download house: Large Download 11.6 MB, furnished house, unoccupied, some custom content
Click to download family: Large Download 9.71 MB, 4 family members on empty lot, some custom clothing
Use a clean installer recommend to filter out system hacks.

OK, so Kilimanjaro is a really dumb name for this house. Those aren't exactly baobab trees and this isn't at all the sort of house you'd see on the Serengeti. But the family started out with that name and it sort-of stuck.

In response to lots of notes about providing occupied houses, I thought I'd give it a go. Unfortunately, when I packaged this house with the family intact, the download was more than 40 MB even after I had zipped it. So I imported the occupied house into a different neighborhood and moved the family out. Then I moved the family onto a small, empty lot and packaged them separately.

So, let's get on with an introduction to the oddly named Kilimanjaro house. Both the house and its occupants are rather interesting.

Last edited by Greg on Sun May 15, 2005 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:59 pm
Kilimanjaro
Part 2

Research Session at Fruhm Anya Hoh

It all started during a group research session at the Greek wannabe house, Fruhm Anya Hoh. Jason Reed, in green in the foreground, is quite an item with Candace King.

The guy in the red shirt sitting next to Candace is Freddy Hayes, Jason's high-school buddy. Jason and Freddy went to college together and joined Fruhm Anya Hoh mostly because they needed a place to live.

Now, all through the evening, Jason has been debating with himself about whether he's ready to pop the question to Candace. Meanwhile, his buddy Freddy has been sitting next to her and, though he's trying not to show it, he really likes what he sees.

Last edited by Greg on Mon May 09, 2005 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 9:03 pm
Kilimanjaro
Part 3

Jason and Freddy

When Jason decided to take a break, Freddy slipped away from the study group to catch him at the bookcase.

"Hey, Jace!" Freddy said. "That Candace is really something! You don't suppose--"

"No."

"Well, how about--"

"Fred, are you at peace with God?"

"You mean..."

"Yup. Don't even ask, boy, or you're gonna be meeting Him real soon!"

"Oh."

Freddy pondered the situation for a moment, and came back with, "Well... does she have a sister?"

"She has a roommate!" Jason said.

"Roommate. Yeah. Probably the devil's grandmother. A female sumo wrestler with Mom tatooed on her biceps. Am I right, or what?"

Jason was disturbingly elusive on that point. "Well, tell ya what," he said. "I'm going to go over to visit Candace tomorrow morning before class. Why don't you just tag along?"

Freddy reluctantly agreed, and then proceeded to invest the rest of his evening dreading the prospect of what sounded suspiciously like another setup.

Last edited by Greg on Mon May 09, 2005 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:00 pm
Kilimanjaro
Part 4

Freddy Meets Sophie

The next morning, Jason took Freddy down the block to Candace's house. He was never exactly clear on why she called it Kilimanjaro. Candace was from New Orleans, and so was her roommate, Sophie Miguel.

He did his best to keep a smirk from his face when he looked at Freddy and saw the absolute dread that had come over his friend. It was true that not all the blind dates he had arranged for Freddy had turned out very well--in fact, none of them had--but he was confident that today would be very, very different.

Jason wasn't at surprised that the trepidation vaporized the moment he layed eyes on Sophie. Even Jason would admit that, if anything, Sophie was even more beautiful than her roommate, and her soprano voice delivered a sweet spoonbread drawl that tied that Ohio boy's heart into little knots. He knew Freddy's type, and Sophie was it!

Freddy took a deep breath and whispered under his breath, "I don't think we're in Cincinnati any more, Toto."

Now Jason could let himself chuckle. He left Freddy and Sophie to get to know each other while he summoned all his courage for the big moment. He didn't think he could make it through another class if he did at least ask the question.

Candace lightened his mood a little when she whispered, "I think Sophie and Freddy are going to get along just fine!"

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:40 pm
Kilimanjaro
Part 5

Jason and Candace and Freddy and Sophie

"Hey, we get along pretty well, too!" Jason said.

Weak-Kneed or Romantic?

"Which brings me to something I've been wanting to asking you..."

Smeernah!

"Smeernah!" Jason says. "And I hope you like the rock!"

"Sparklies!" Candace says. "Oh yes! Girls like sparklies!"

For me?

"Yes!" Candace says. "Yes! Did I mention that the answer is YES?"

A Perfect Fit!

"Let's get married right after graduation!" Jason says.

"Yes! And we'll have babies! Lots and lots of babies!" Candace says.

Now here's a secret that you'll only know if you've read this far: If you get these kids married and they
have babies, you'll find some genetic surprises waiting for you! No aliens! I promise! No aliens!

Totally Oblivious to Their Surroundings

And so, that is how Candace and Jason and Sophie and Freddy became roomates at Happy Valley University!

The challenge now is to outfit a house for them. Fortunately, when Jason and Freddy moved in, they brought more than 200,000 simoleans with them, their share of the loot that Frumh Anya Hoh House got when Winona moved in there. So the fantastic fortune that Gregsim compiled by completing all those career tracks and moving from house to house in Happy Valley spreads to the Big U!

So money is not an issue in finishing off their house. They have so much money that they could paper the walls with it!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 12:04 am
Kilimanjaro
Part 6: The House

"So," you are wondering, "It's such a simple little house. Not much special about it. Why bother to offer it as a download?"

Here's why. The unique features of this house are on the inside.

Kilimanjaro Bedroom Layout

I built this house specifically to provide a nice home for two couples, all of whom were college students. The two identical bedrooms feature double dorm dorms, private baths, a double bed, and four desks in each room with two computers.

Putting the computers behind the dorm doors keeps them available for the times when the students need them for their school work, and reduces the amount of time they'll waste playing computer games.

Each bathroom features a private toilet stall and romantic his 'n' hers double showers, conducive to mutual back-scrubbing and other amusing activities.

Kilimanjaro House - First Floor

The house also features a (totally pointless) sauna on the back deck, a large swimming pool, and living and dining facilities geared especially for four students. I didn't include serving counters but there is room for some if you want to hire a cook.

There's a half bath for guests, which is important since if the residents lock the dorm doors, guests will not be able to get to the main bathrooms. You might also want to add a potty in the sauna.

Kilimanjaro House - Basement

There's a full basement, of course, with lots of room for a game room and servants' quarters if you want to add them. The foundation extends out to the back deck, and the cellar stairs are located adjacent to the sauna.

The attic is unfinished and I did not include an attic stair. There's a lot of useful room in the attic, though, so if you can figure out where to put the stairs to it, just floor it over and have fun!

And that is the tale of Kilimanjaro House, up to the point that you can download it. What happens after this is up to you!

In my game, Sophie Miguel has a lengthy back story in Happy Valley. She was a Maxian NPC, adopted as a teenager by the Stewart family. But I don't think that will be apparent in the character that you download since she will probably lose all memories of the people of Happy Valley. All four characters have well-developed skill sets and personalities, and should excel both in school and in any career.

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:05 pm
bah! i had enough in my account to download the people but not the house.

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:05 am
Well, start making updates so people will download from your site, woman!

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:34 am
Aw darn, I'm sorry, Liss! I wasn't thinking! Look in your ...\for_liss folder.

Marmy, Liss is going to Happy Valley U (well, it's real-life equivalent) which eats up mental energy she can invest in making neat stuff. If I understand things right, we can hope for the Retyrn of the Wytch just in time for Halloween.

Somehow, that seems appropriate, don't you think?

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:40 am
I was just thinking that it would interesting to know how the characters turn out when they're downloaded. I've played these characters quite a lot so in my game they have memories of making lots of friends. Sophie in particular has memories dating back to the beginning of teenhood.

She was a teen when Gregsim was a teen. Can you guess who her first kiss was?

Caution is advised: It's very likely that the young ladies only wear panties under their clothes. I knew we should've got 'em training bras when they were teens.

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:03 pm
Marmy wrote:
Well, start making updates so people will download from your site, woman!

what greg said.

Take a look at WB, I have kind of a cute blurb about it on the front page hehe...

Wytch's Brew
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:04 pm
Thanks greg! Great looking sims too...sophie is sooo pretty! I'm thinking about making you some Liss-flavored sims and sending them over.

Wytch's Brew
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:56 pm
These two are neat! Their personalities don't seem to fit their choice of appearance, but that might lead to an idea for a story line.

Does Sophie have any memories when she's installed in your game?

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:33 pm
I didn't look at the memories yet, but there are no family ties, so I imagine the memories are gone as well.

Wytch's Brew
:dl: Kilimanjaro (Download)