Dimensional Traveller
Post Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:02 pm
Dieters Beware!!!

You will need:

For the crust

a box of plain honey graham crackers
White sugar
1 cube of margerine

Melt the margerine. Totally crunch up 2 packages from the box of graham crackers and mix in 1/2 cup of white sugar. I have found the best way to thoroughly crunch the graham crackers is to put them into a zip lock baggie, push out all the air and roll them with a rolling pin until they are nearly dust. Then I add the sugar in the bag and shake it up.

Add this to the margerine and mix it well. Pack it real tight up to the edges of a cheesecake pan. Push as much as you can around the sides as well. I like the corningware one I have, but I have also used those nifty new non-stick ones with the edge that you can pop off, but be warned, some of them aren't too tight and the margerine might melt out the seams... This can make your crust too dry.

For the Cheesecake:

2 or 3 packages of cream cheese, depending on the size of your pan.
1 cube of margerine
3 eggs
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1 pint of sweetened heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla

In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and the margerine until it is well creamed. Add the eggs and mix well. Add the powdered sugar, whipping cream, flour and vanilla. The mixture should be about the same thickness as a cake batter, maybe a little thicker. If it is too runny, then add some extra powdered sugar and a little more flour until it is the right consistency.

Pour into the pan on top of the graham cracker crust. Bake at 325 degrees until the cheesecake is fully baked and almost to the point of splitting. The top should be ever so slightly browned and it shouldn't jiggle any more.

Let it cool completely then refrigerate.

Of course, you can put berries, whipped cream caramelized sugar or whatever you like on top of it.

Eat it up!