Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Bonnyview Shores
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
:story: Bonnyview Shores
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:11 pm

In the beginning, there was Happy Valley. The sims were fertile and spread across the face of the valley, and Greg saw that it was good.

Then it came to pass that Forces of Evil arose and a cataclysm struck the town. And thus Happy Valley begat Baumdoubt Valley. Many strange creatures came to dwell in this new land, and for many days Greg used them to weigh his creations against the omnipresent wiles of the Forces of Evil.

But then the fullness of time Baumbdoubt Valley became interesting, and it became playable, and the denizens thereof took up lives and tales of their own. Now, Greg enjoyed the adventures of Baumdoubt Valley and did not want to make a further mess there, and so he created yet another Land which could serve as his Garden of Weirdness and Strange Risks, and he called this land Bonnyview Shores. And he showed this land to the Webmasters, and the Webmasters did heap abuse upon him mightily for his creations which he did richly deserve, and their enjoyment of the silliness made him exceeding glad.

And the denizens of Bonnyview Shores were fruitful and multiplied, covering the face of the land with unabashed weirdness, and Greg saw that it was silly, and seeing this, knew that it was good. And Greg resolved that no matter how interesting the land might become Bonnyview Shores shall continue as the Domain of Weirdness, even unto the end of The Sims.

Topics Set in Bonnyview Shores

I needed a way to keep track of all this mischief, and this is it! Take heart! It's about to get even weirder!
Edit April 17, 2005: Added Technicolor Sims. After all, I did promise that it would get weirder!
Edit April 25, 2005: Added Graviton Test Facility.
Edit May 28, 2005: Added Stonewood Cottage.

Last edited by Greg on Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:24 pm; edited 5 times in total

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:58 pm
How do you squeeze so many useable hours out of each day? :p

or in other words...

ever been told you have too much time on your hands? hehe.

keep the stories coming, I really do enjoy!

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:19 am
It's all done with smoke and mirrors. Grin

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:00 pm
<makes note to self: Do not ride in any space vehicles that Greg designed shortly after an expansion pack got installed!>

Rose/Miros
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:14 pm
It's always best to let someone else do the beta testing.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:07 pm
The 2nd Strangest House I've Ever Built

Scissorjack

Every evening, Scissorjack rises above the sleeping village of Bonnyview Shores, reaching toward the heavens for the best view of the night sky in the neverending quest for useless knowledge.

1 bedroom, 1 bath, no garage, LR, DR, observatory. 9 stories. No phone, no pool, no pets, and no point.

And no visitors. Once people learned that to get to the bathroom you have to hike all the way up to the 9th floor and then back down again, they suddenly found that they had better things to do than to disturb the two sisters who built Scissorjack. The residents are quite happy with this arrangement; it gives them more time to pursue their studies.

It all started as an experiment with 'sethighestallowedlevel x' and went downhill from there.

Last edited by Greg on Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:40 pm; edited 3 times in total

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:06 pm
holy cow! how did you get 9 floors???

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
miros1
Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:10 pm
I suspect it's the "sethighestallowedlevel" cheat mentioned in the ferengi print.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:16 am
Liss wrote:
holy cow! how did you get 9 floors???

Yeah, what Rose said. Enter the cheat code:
    sethighestallowedlevel x

Where x is a number between 5 and 99.

I've found that going higher than 8 levels is impractical. The highest you can get the camera to go is level 12, and controlling the view up that high can be an adventure.

Another drawback to all those stairs is that it takes exactly one sim hour to walk from the living room of the Graviton Test Facility to the mailbox. Kids will miss the bus unless you think ahead and start them out early on the journey down the stairs.

On the other hand, in many of the houses I've built, I've been frustrated with wanting to just add one more level, often just a flat roof or a little elevator room on the top floor of an office building. Now I can build the cathedral that I want for downtown happy valley, with a nice steeple and everything!
:smilehap:

I really started this project as a practice run at using sethighestallowedlevel with that cathedral in mind.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:11 am
Ack! Where the heck did I put that message about getting the octuplets to socialize with each other?

miros1
Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:38 am
The general one about toddlers socializing was linked from an issue of the Chronicle.

I think the octuplet challenge was an April Fools joke?

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:57 am
That was the Sextuplets Challenge. I'm looking for the one with 8 babies socializing. (Which is, of course, impossible.)

miros1
Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:21 am
You nut! You put it in the Technicolor Sims thread!

http://hullabaloo.simshost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5056&start=15

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:07 pm
Oh.

Silly me.
:doubt:

Re::story: Bonnyview Shores
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:23 pm
Boudicca's Genetic Surprise

Baby Boudicca Resembles Her Father, Almost

One evening in the unlikely town of Bonnyview Shores, our Primary Guilty Party, Gregsim, took his cousin Joanne and her friend Calypso Deneuve on a date to a local pleasure palace known as Xanadu. Encouraged by the festive mood and perhaps also by the free-flowing simcohol from the bar, the three of them started flirting and playfully fooling around.

Fooling around is risky business, expecially at Xanadu, and soon, to Calypso's surprise, Gregsim and Joanne became kissin' cousins. At that point, Nature waved Her mighty rod and things progressed according to the imperatives established among primates throughout all of time.

Now, Calypso was not deterred by Joanne's affection for her cousin. No, not at all. She played all her trump cards and just two days later managed to trip Gregsim and beat him to the floor. Her adventure with Gregsim was a bit more productive than she intended, which explains why she is in the state you see in this scene.

The result of that evening of frolic at Xanadu was baby Boudicca, a beautiful young lady with a powerful personality and an eager outlook toward life. She seems to have inherited her mother's chin, but all her other features appear to come from her father, except for one thing: Look at her ears!

We are not the only ones to wonder about Boudicca's ears. Here, Calypso has just noticed them. Now she has some interesting things to wonder about the baby she is carrying!

We can only speculate that the Bennetts of Bonnyview carry elven genes as a recessive, perhaps stemming from some long-forgotten liaison during a most momentous night of Samhain, now lost in the vague history of their multi-great grandparents back in the Old Country.

:story: Bonnyview Shores