Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Baumdoubt Valley Bugle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:11 am
Baumdoubt Valley
Chapter 7: Malleable Manse

"It even feels like home!"

"Oh, Barry," She said, "I'm not so sure this was a good idea. This place reminds Me so much of those simpler times, back when your father and I were just starting out. It even feels like home! I'm afraid to like it too much!"

"I see the problem, mom. You are out of Your domain here, and You're afraid of rejection. Back home, You're almost a goddess, but here You're afraid that You're just some babe in a blue dress."

"Some times you can be painfully insightful, young man."

"Sorry, mom. Well, if it helps, consider how different this place is. The landscaping is different and the main balcony is larger. This is not the Manse Orleans that You built with dad."

"No flowers."

"Well, as long as we're here, I'll just summon up My courage and let's just press on. Hmm... you're right. There ought to be flowers here."

"I kind of like it the way it is," Barry said. "It was quite a chore to keep up with all your flower beds."

Front porch of Manse Orleans

"That's... interesting," She said, "statues of naked ladies on the front porch."

"I noticed those, too," Barry said, "the last time I was here. Maybe they wanted to give visitors something to look at while they're waiting for you to answer the door."

"The front entry should set the mood for visitors and for residents returning home. I can't help but wonder what kind of mood they're after here?"

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:24 am
Baumdoubt Valley
Chapter 8: Family Ties

"No need to ring the doorbell today!"

"Well, mom," Barry said, "it looks like there's no need to ring the doorbell today! It looks like they're expecting us!"

She followed Barry's gaze toward the glass of the front doors. Sure enough, there came Dallas on a direct collision course with Her.

"Welcome to our house in Baumbdoubt Valley!" Dallas said. Then, with a giggle, she added, "Nuestro casa es su casa! Literally!"

"Nuestro casa es su casa!"

Through the door, Barry saw his father quickly polishing off a cup of coffee.

'We made it, dad!'

'Welcome back, Barry! That was uncanny! We were just sitting here, trying to tune out from this world so that we could follow events in Happy Valley. For a moment it felt as if we were standing there in your back yard with you, and then suddenly we were back here in the living room and we could feel your presence down the block!'

Meadow came running out the door. "It's Sheba!" she cried. "It's really You! You're real!"

When Meadow seemed unsure of what to do next, She greeted her with a warm embrace. "Yes, it's really Me! I've heard rumors that I'm just a figment of somebody's imagination so I thought I'd better show up and set the record straight!"

"Oh gosh," Meadow said. "I don't know what to say! You're really here!" She turned to Barry. "Thanks for bringing Her here, Barry! You should have seen it from this end! There were telling me about your morning, step by step, and I could pick up on some of it from their thoughts!"

"Thanks for bringing Her here, Barry!"

"So you were getting clear mental images?"

"I think so! You have a pretty house in Happy Valley! And hey, your Gloria has excellent taste in clothing!"

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:07 am
Baumdoubt Valley
Chapter 9: Her Own Home

"Welcome to your own home!"

Finally, it was Greg's turn. "It seems silly to welcome you to your own home, sweetheart," Greg said. "But welcome, anyhow! I knew You would make it!"

She returned his hug, with interest. "Oh, thank you honey! I'm not sure how to react, because it does feel like home! But... I don't know..."

"It is your home, She!" Meadow said.

"Absolutely!" Dallas added. "Stop worrying about whether Meadow and I are going to feel like You're intruding! You belong here! We want you here, for as long as You can stay and for as often as You can be here! You are married to our husband, and that means You are married to us, whether you want to be or not!"

"You are married to us, whether you want to be or not!"

"Oh, golly, Dallas," She said. "You feel like the same Dallas I know in Happy Valley, but here I feel so much closer to you!"

"I am the same Dallas! For your information, Irvin is happily napping after his bottle and the toddlers are playing with toy spaceships in the living room. Your dishes are done but I left a few things for Lucy to take care of so that she will feel like need her."

"And I am me," Greg said. "The one and only!"

"But if you're you, then how can I be Me?" She said. "You already have two wives--"

"Nuh uh!" Meadow said. "You have two wives, She. He has three!"

Dallas chuckled. "I don't think you can deny us, She. You sort of bought into it when You decided to visit Baumdoubt Valley."

"Well, yes, I will confess that I was sort of thinking about that and it's the main reason I wanted to try to come here, but--"

"No buts about it!" Meadow said.

She looked at Greg, wondering. When he opened his arms to Her, She flowed against him.

"You really are you!"

"You really are you!" She said.

"The one and only, ma'am."

"I know it! I can feel it! But is it all right with--"

"Of course it is," Greg said. "Now stop worrying. It's what You wanted, and I wanted You here, and so did Dallas and Meadow and everybody!"

Dallas cleared her throat. "Ahem! In the words of a famous comic book character, 'When it's time to kiss, kiss! Don't talk.'"

That part, they got right.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:56 am
Baumdoubt Valley
Chapter 10: Twins Who Weren't

"Hey guys!" Dallas said. "It will take some time to get used to each other, but we can do that later! It's time for Dolly and Evelyn's birthday party!"

She ushered them into the house where the toddlers were playing on the floor.

She felt like a tourist.

Once inside Manse Orleans in Baumdoubt Valley, She had to look around. It made Her feel like a tourist. 'A few pictures out of place. That mirror moved. The kids' desks are in a different arrangement, but then, even in Happy Valley those desks got rearraged nearly every day depending on what kids were using them and what they wanted to do! It's the same wallpaper! This definitely feels like home!'

Having toddlers crawling around on the floor made it feel even more like Her familiar environs.

Her private reverie was interrupted by the ladies of the house. 'My new wives? I never thought about wanting a wife, much less two of them, but here it seems to fit! They brought their babies to the twin birthday cakes, Meadow with her daughter Dolly, and Dallas with her Evelyn.

Birthday party for Meadow's Dolly and Dallas's Evelyn

'So they do pay attention to their children's genetic heritage.' She thought, privately, 'at least for birthdays! Welp! Time to break out the party horns! Sometimes I think this is the best part of having children. Other times I think it's all the best part!'

Dolly grew up just seconds before Evelyn decided to join her in girlhood.
Teens Brian and Corwin added to the noise.

'Oh! Such cute little girls! I almost wish they were mine!'

Dolly and Evelyn

'They are yours!' Greg thought. 'Here, children are community property, just like back in Happy Valley!'

'Oops! Did I leak that?'

'Only on our private channel. You really should stop worrying and accept it, sweetheart. They want you to be part of our family here. We all do! What will it take for You to really feel like You are really a member of this family?'

Last edited by Greg on Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:45 am; edited 2 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:59 am
Baumdoubt Valley
Chapter 11: A Moment with Sheba

'He has to ask?'

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:08 am
Baumdoubt Valley
Chapter 12: Well and Truly Welcomed

It's time to draw a veil over this most peculiar but happy family in Baumdoubt Valley to give them some privacy on their third wedding night.

Suffice it to say that by the time the morning light awakened them, She felt that She had been well and truly welcomed to the family.

Crowded, but cuddly.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:11 pm
Baumdoubt Valley
Chapter 13: Snake Dance

We pause in our most serious and heartwarming tale of interuniversal romance and intrigue for a bit of unapologetic silliness. In fact, it's probably the silliest bit of silliness since the time we were hiding in the Jell-o with our voyeuristic camera.

During Sheba's adventure in Baumdoubt Valley, I happened to capture this screen shot which almost cries out for a caption contest.

"Can you see who the manufacturer was, Mira?"

Although She has a shy streak and a strong bent toward modesty, Her unsurpassed charm and sincere affection tends to make it easy for her to make friends.

Earlier that morning, She realized that despite Her daily exercise routine, Her extended maternity leave had left Her in less than top physical condition. She and Barry were working on training their family in superheroism, which of course would require maintaining themselves at the peak of physical strength and endurance.

It just would not do to tire while flying two thousand feet over the mountains or engaging in desparate battles with giant robots and the supervillains who create them. Besides, there's more than just having exactly the right shoes to looking the part!

The swimming pool in the back garden at Manse Orleans offered an ideal solution to that problem so while Barry was furtively flying a patrol around the valley, She changed into her skimpiest bikini and headed for the pool.

When She got there, She found that one of the neighbor teens was enjoying a swim in the pool while Her stepsons were finishing up their homework. The visitor was Miss Diana Greystoke, the daughter of the venerable Lord Greystoke and his second wife, Noelle. (The first Lady Greystoke, grandmother of John Clayton, passed on to her final reward many years ago, before their son John had even gone off with his wife on that fateful trip to Africa.)

She saw that Diana, in her quest for an even tan, had left her bra on one of the lounges next to the pool. Wanting to make her visitor feel comfortable, and still wanting to fit in to Baumdoubt Valley society, She set aside her characteristic modesty and doffed her own bikini top, leaving it lying atop Diana's on that same lounge chair.

After all, except for Diana and one other visitor--a woman by the name of Mira Friendly with whom She had already established a close friendship--there was no one else around except the boys and their younger sisters, and the boys had their heads buried in their books.

Corwin called out the back door that he had whipped up some chili for lunch. Diana said that she had skipped lunch at school that day because band practice ran over time, so she was famished. She emerged from the pool and dashed for the dinner table, not bothering to pause to put on her top.

She was hungry, too, and wanted to try Corwin's chili so that She could legitimately praise her stepson's culinary creation. That left Her with a conundrum. Normally, Her modest streak would dictate that She cover up before entering the house. In fact, it was rare that She would be seen in just a bikini inside her own home in the presence of anyone but Her husband or very close adult female family members. On the other hand, if She put on a coverup, that might imply that she disapproved of Her stepsons' friend's behavior.

Thinking about how Dallas and Gloria handled these situations decided it for Her. She wasn't sure that either of them even owned a bra, and they made nothing of parading about their home in nothing more than a pair of panties. She didn't want Her new family to think of Her as a prude, and certainly her stepsons had seen their share of maternal mammaries, so with a bit of uncharacteristic aplomb, She left Her top lying where it was and went in for lunch.

That was when She saw that the family's younger girls were home from school, and that they had brought a boy home from school with them that day. There was a moment of apprehension, but the neighbor boy was lost in playing a video game and didn't seem to notice Her at all. Neither did either of the girls. They must be used to this sort of thing from their own mothers' behavior.

Of course, Brian and Corwin noticed. They glanced her way and smiled, and perhaps their gaze lingered for a moment somewhere short of eye contact, but they were polite enough not to stare. Seeing that they invested more time casting furtively glances at Diana made Her happy; it meant that She was establishing herself as a mother figure in this new family.

After She had sampled and properly praised the chili, Mira wanted to dance. She was thinking it was really time to put Her dress on, but again wanting to keep Her visitor happy, decided to put that off until after a quick session of teaching some new moves to Her guest.

Now, all this explains how She happened to end up dancing with a neighbor lady clad in little more than Her patented gernreichian censor snake, and why an almost-naked teen girl was tidying up the chili bowls from the table, when Mira did whatever it is that she is doing in this photo.

This lengthy narrative finally brings us to the central question for this chapter: Just exactly what is Mira doing in this picture?

Last edited by Greg on Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:55 pm
*8)

How about "Well, I still don't understand why anyone would embed a fake human arm in a nice glass tabletop, but it looks pretty realistic from under here also!"?
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:13 pm
dmchess wrote:
*8)

How about "Well, I still don't understand why anyone would embed a fake human arm in a nice glass tabletop, but it looks pretty realistic from under here also!"?

That woudl at least explain why Mira's arm appears to be going through the table! lol

Perhaps: "There must be a better way to get that gum off of there!"

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:24 pm

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:48 am
Baumdoubt Valley
Chapter 14: Bedtime Stories

The kids in two universes were all asleep. The house was quiet, at least for a while. Tomorrow would be a big day in the Bennett household; Dolly and Evelyn would be having their birthday part and the boys were digging through stacks of college brochures, trying to decide where they wanted to go.

The grownups took advantage of the respite for a quiet moment by themselves. They had built a small parlor off their main bedroom complex on the second floor, and it was to this retreat that they repaired for a private pajama party.

"Tell us a story, Mama."

She was happily snuggled up with Greg and had an arm around Dallas, who in turn was being cuddled by Meadow, and for a while, all was well with the world.

"Mama Sheba," Meadow said. "Tell us a story."

"So I'm 'Mama' now? I was thinking I was the junior wife here."

"Your the motherliest mama I know!" Meadow said. "And I want a bedtime story!"

"Hmm... I don't seem to have one on tap. I think all the excitement has flushed My brain!"

"Just start somewhere, dear," Greg said. "You're also the best storyteller in these parts, so I'm sure that once You get started You'll find a story coming right along. Meadow likes adventure stories."

"But not too adventurous! If it's scary, I won't be able to sleep."

Dallas chuckled. "What she really likes is stories that are little bit adventurous and a little bit erotic!"

"Well, all right," She said. "Now, let's see... an erotic adventure story, huh?"

"You do know lots of those!" Greg said. Then he whispered, "For once, try to pick something where I'm not the guilty party!"

'Ha! Nice try!' She thought to him. 'I know just the story, and of course you're the guilty party!'

She thought for a moment, and then recited:*
    In Xanadu did Kubla Khan
    A stately pleasure-dome decree:
    Where Alph, the sacred river ran
    Through caverns measureless to man
    Down to a sunless sea.

So twice five miles of fertile ground
    With walls and towers were girdled round:
    And there were gardens bright with sinuous rills,
    Where blossomed many an incense-bearing tree;
    And here were forests ancient as the hills,
    Enfolding sunny spots of greenery.

But oh! that deep romantic chasm which slanted
    Down the green hill athwart a cedarn cover!
    A savage place! as holy and enchanted
    As e'er beneath a waning moon was haunted
    By woman wailing for her demon-lover!
    And from this chasm, with ceaseless turmoil seething,
    As if this earth in fast thick pants were breathing,
    A mighty fountain momently was forced:
    Amid whose swift half-intermitted burst
    Huge fragments vaulted like rebounding hail,
    Or chaffy grain beneath the thresher's flail:
    And 'mid these dancing rocks at once and ever
    It flung up momently the sacred river.
    Five miles meandering with a mazy motion
    Through wood and dale the sacred river ran
    Then reached the caverns measureless to man.
    And sank in tumult to a lifeless ocean:
    And 'mid this tumult Kubla heard from far
    Ancestral voices prophesying war!

The shadow of the dome of pleasure
    Floated midway on the waves;
    Where was heard the mingled measure
    From the fountain and the caves.
    It was a miracle of rare device,
    A sunny pleasure-dome with caves of ice!

A damsel with a dulcimer
    In a vision once I saw:
    It was an Abyssinian maid,
    And on her dulcimer she played,
    Singing of Mount Abora.
    Could I revive within me
    Her symphony and song,
    To such a deep delight 'twould win me,
    That with music loud and long,
    I would build that dome in air,
    That sunny dome! those caves of ice!
    And all who heard should see them there,
    And all should cry, Beware! Beware!
    His flashing eyes, his floating hair!
    Weave a circle round him thrice,
    And close your eyes with holy dread,
    For he on honey-dew hath fed,
    And drunk the milk of Paradise.

*"Kublai Khan" by Samuel Taylor Coleridge, c. 1798.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:02 pm
(Is it actually possible to get four Sims cuddlingly delectably on a loveseat like that, or has that image been fiddled with to reflect the Story in a way that the Game can't encompass on its own?)
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:17 pm
(I'm guessing Photoshopped layers... AFAIK, you can't normally have 4 Sims on a two-seater sofa.)

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:28 pm
dmchess wrote:
Is it actually possible to get four Sims cuddlingly delectably on a loveseat like that...

Only if they're married. smile

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:28 am
Baumdoubt Valley
Chapter 15: Sheba's Story

"Oh, I have always loved that poem," Meadow said. "Is there a story to go with it?"

"Of course there is!" She said. "I'm making it up even now! Want to hear it?"

"Yes!" Meadow said. "I wanna sit on Mama Sheba's lap while She tells us a story!"

"OK, switch!" She said. "Dallas, get over here!"

"I wanna sit on Mama Sheba's lap!"

It took a moment to get everyone rearranged, but with copious application of affection and sliding around in silk nighties they succeeded in accomplish the feat without breaking the mood. When they were all settled and snuggled for their story time, Sheba continued.

"Once upon a time, there was a great sea captain who set out to chart the unknown courses of the south seas--"

"Did he wear glasses?" Meadow asked.

"Why, yes he did. He had a beard, too."

"Oh goody! I know who the sea captain was!"

"Ermph." That, from Greg.

"Hush," She said. "I told you that you were in this story, so relax and enjoy it. Hey, speaking of which, Dallas, are you taking care of our husband back home in Happy Valley?"

"Um, I'm taking care of the babies," Dallas said. "I didn't know if it would be appropriate--"

"Pish and tosh," She said. "'She who fails to yield to temptation has no one but herself to blame.' Besides, you're married to him. Or do I have to call Joanne Allardice and have her do the job?"

Greg cleared his throat. "Joanne is engaged, m'dear."

"And you're married," She said. "So you need to pay attention to your wife, especially while your wife is out of town. Now hush. You don't have any lines here."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Well, now that we've settled that, let's get back to our sea captain."

"Once upon a time, there was a great sea captain."

"It starts with a tragedy. One day, his ship encountered a terrible typhoon. His crew fought valiantly against the storm and were able to save the ship, but while calling orders to his men, the captain was washed overboard along with all the cargo that was lashed to the deck."

"Must not have been so great if he lost his cargo," Greg muttered.

"Hush! He was a great sea captain! The best of the best! Nobody could have stood up to that magical typhoon, but he had trained his crew well and they brought the ship through and she was still seaworthy at the end. But this story isn't about the ship. It's about the captain."

"After the storm, the crew sailed about looking for him, but eventually they had to abandon the search. They gave him up for dead and performed the rituals, burying an effigy at sea before continuing on their mission to chart the south seas."

"What the crew didn't know was that the captain had survived the storm by clinging to a floating crate. He found himself surrounded by the floating cargo and got several crates lashed together. This served him as a raft, saving him from drowning. The storm swept him far away from the ship into uncharted waters, and eventually he washed up on the shore of large, beautiful tropical island."

Last edited by Greg on Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total

:story: Baumdoubt Valley Bugle