Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Baumdoubt Valley Bugle
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
:story: Baumdoubt Valley Bugle
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:16 pm

Just over the mountain range and around the corner in the next universe down from Happy Valley you will find the curious town of Baumdoubt Valley. Some time after after the bomb hit, their fellow simizens reappeared and established a new town of Happy Valley, but echoes of two hardy souls remained behind in their homeland.

The Baumbdoubt Valley Bugle chronicles their most peculiar story.

Edit: Corrected the story line. Baumdoubt Valley is in a parallel universe.

Last edited by Greg on Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:52 am; edited 4 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:31 pm
Baumdoubt Valley
Chapter 1: Sole Survivors

Greg and Dallas, the Sole Survivors of The Bomb

It seems to be the way of disaster stories. Somewhere a small fragment of life remains, and from that tiny fragment, mighty empires rise.

It was the day after their wedding. Greg and Dallas had just stowed away their formal clothes and were on their way to take up residence at Manse Orleans when the catastrophe happened.

Upon arriving at their new home, they barely had time to reflect on the sudden disappearance of more than 200 of their neighbors when they discovered that another bit of life seems to have come with them into the post-apocalyptic world. Dallas was pregnant!

(That one fact was undoubtedly the reason I decided to go back and play this neighborhood at all. The disaster was quite disheartening, but I found that I wanted to find out out her baby turned out.)

Last edited by Greg on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:31 am; edited 2 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:45 pm
Baumdbout Valley
Chapter 2: Meadow at the Manse

Meadow Thayer at the Atrois House

Unlike the more stodgy Happy Valley, Baumbdoubt Valley became a place of experimentation where people tried all sorts of alternative life styles.

It happened that little Meadow Thayer had recently been rescued from Never Never Land by the Atrois family. Here you see her helping her stepdad, Jeremy Atrois, with one of his children. Tragically this is not the original Meadow--she was lost in the bomb, but the game regenerated her.

Dallas was very fond of Meadow and liked to have her around. After a brief consulation with Greg, Dallas asked her to move to Manse Orleans.

Dallas Welcomes Meadow to Manse Orleans

Dallas might have been thinking it would be nice to have a teenage girl around to help with her impending baby, but it also turned out that this just before Meadow's adult birthday.

Last edited by Greg on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:32 am; edited 2 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:55 pm
Baumdoubt Valley
Chatper 3: Ignition Sequence Starts

Greg Dances with Teenage Meadow

Greg and Meadow had been close ever since he was a teenager, so he was certainly not averse to having her around.

Meadow

As it happens, Meadow was very quick to rekindle the relationship that she had with him before he grew up to be an adult. At the same time, she felt the same way about Dallas.

Dallas, Greg, and Meadow

The three of them got along quite well. In fact, on the very day that Meadow grew up, the they all three got married.

Meadow was already used to this sort of thing, having lived most of her teen days in the home of Jeremy Atrois and his two wives.

(The Atrois family were actually my first experiment with polygamous marriage in The Sims 2. It worked out pretty well. Three adults can cope with sim babies much better than two, even when they're producing them at a higher rate.)

Last edited by Greg on Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:10 pm
Baumdoubt Valley
Chapter 4: Twins!

Soon after that, Dallas gave birth to her long-anticipated baby.

Erm... make that babies! First came Alexander...

Alexander

... and then William!

William

With identical twin boys to raise, it really was great to have three adults in the family!

Last edited by Greg on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:34 am; edited 2 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:52 pm
Baumdoubt Valley
Chapter 5: How Quickly They Grow Up!

Now, let's fast forward to today. There are lots of other interesting tales to tell about the adventures of the madcap denizens of Baumdoubt Valley, but this is one of their more interesting days.

Alexander and William grew up, of course, and along the way were joined by more siblings out of Dallas and Meadow.

On their adult birthday they moved out and built a house very similar to Manse Orleans, right across the street. As soon as the house was complete, they called in their lady loves and brought the whole family in to witness a double wedding. Since this was their first day in their new house, some neighbors stopped by and stayed for the ceremony.

The Wedding of Alexander Bennett and LaShanda Carr

Peculiar things started to happen even during the ceremony. Greg had been seated in the front row between Dallas and Meadow, with their three other children behind them. At the left end of the front row you can see William and his bride Julie, waiting their turn in the wedding arch.

(The fellow at the left end of the third row is Lord Greystoke. Next to him are his grandson John Clayton and John's wife, Jane. Lord Greystoke's young wife is sitting in front of him. Has anyone figured out the answer to the question I posed in that other thread: Who is John Clayton?)

Suddenly Greg jumped up to stand in front of his chair. The red-haired lady in the daring black dress had been seated in that empty chair in the second row, and she did the same thing. Another fellow jumped backward out of the third row.

That's when everything went awry. Alexander and William went through the ceremony, but didn't finish it. Both of them, and their brides, continued to have the aspiration want to get married.

I don't know why this happened. I might have triggered this by telling William to take his turn before Alexander and LaShanda had completed their ceremony. Or I might have messed up things by using Merola's Mind Control Mirror to get the wedding guests seated. But obviously something went terribly wrong with this double wedding.

Eventually, the two boys froze in place, and there was nothing I could do to unstick them. Their brides just hung around playing Kicky Bag with each other. I tried getting rid of all the guests; no luck. Moving them around had no effect. Canceling the action to get married didn't work. Having them propose marriage, which they were still able to do, yielded no tangible result.

For a while I was afraid that I would have to go back to my backup community or forever lose the boys. That would have required uninstalling University, replacing the neighborhood, and going through the whole thing all over again.

Then I had a thought: Move Them Out!

So I did. I befriended them into another household (using every cheat in the book) and moved the boys and their new brides to another house. Then I had William take the lead in moving them out of that house. A quick stop by an empty lot to refresh their fortune with the motherlode seemed appropriate, and within an hour they were back in their home with their new brides, and they're moving again!

Left to right: Julie (William's wife), LaShanda (Alexander's wife), Alexander, and William

Thank goodness! After what I've been through to rescue these kids from oblivion, I did not want to give up on them on the first day of their adult life!

Last edited by Greg on Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:50 am; edited 2 times in total

Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:25 pm
I am lovin this story!!

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:00 pm
I haven't been back to Baumdoubt Valley in quite a while, but there are no doubt other silly tales lurking in those photo albums.

Have you figured out who John Clayton is yet? Grin

Last edited by Greg on Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:25 pm
Tarzan?

--------------------

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:06 am
:youreright:

Ta da! That's him, the Lord of The Jungle Himself!

I was wondering if anybody would ever catch that one!

Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:09 pm
LOL!! I figgered as much.

--------------------

Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:55 pm
Yep, caught it . . . Greystoke The Legend of Tarzan is one of my all time favorite movies!
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:24 pm
For sure, Greystoke is by far the best Tarzan movie ever made. It is amazingly faithful to the original work by Edgar Rice Burroughs. In fact, to find something to whine about, Burroughs fans had to complain that in the story, d'Arnot was French, not Belgian as they said in the movie.

Well, they also had a lot of complaints about Jane, but then, as abysmal as Johnny Weismuller's portrayal of Tarzan might have been, Maureen O'Sullivan's Jane Parker continues to be a really tough act to follow, even 73 years later!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 7:04 pm
Baumdoubt Valley fans might want to know that this story tends to merge with the Tales of Happy Valley at about Chapter 183.

Well, perhaps it's more of a collision than a merger.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:47 pm
Baumdoubt Valley
Chapter 6: The Coming of Sheba

The morning was quiet when Sheba and Barry found themselves, still holding hands, standing in an empty lot.

"We made it, Mom!" he said. "We're here!"

She experienced a moment of double vision. Barry's house was there, and then it wasn't. Her husband, still holding her infant son, had faded away with it. Dallas and Gloria were gone. Only Barry was still with her. Her favorite son, though She would never admit it. Her mind clung to Barry; he was a stable rock, and the universe coalesced around him.

"Well glory be!" She said. "It does look like it worked! So, which way to the Manse? Oh, it must be down this way, past the Geieffies house."

"Yes, but we don't call it that here, mom. It's just 'the empty house'."

"Got it. So, let's get on down to Manse Orleans and see what's for breakfast!"

"It's so much like home!"

When they arrived at Manse Orleans, it took a while for Her to notice the differences between this house and the one She knew in Happy Valley. "It's so much like home," She said. "Sometimes I really miss this old place. My first three children were born here. It was the first house I ever owned!"

"And now Uncle Giles and Aunt Frieda are very happy here," Barry said. "Um, there. But Mom, here, this is dad's house!"

"With Dallas and Meadow. I'm getting cold feet again," She said. "I hope they will like me."

:story: Baumdoubt Valley Bugle