Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Tales of Happy Valley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:25 pm
They certainly do, she is really lovely. Any chance of a downloadable Karen? She would LOVE my University...
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:53 pm
Sita wrote:
They certainly do, she is really lovely. Any chance of a downloadable Karen? She would LOVE my University...

Mission accomplished! smile

I packaged her up and put her here.

I'm pretty sure that her custom clothes will come with her because that's how other folks' sims have shown up in my game.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:47 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 274: Narcissa Tries Again

Back in Chapter 269, Narcissa failed in her first attempt to wreck Boveena Bridge.

"Why won't you fall down?" she screamed at the bridge. "A pile of metal and concrete can't be stronger than the greatest supervillain of all time!"

"If smashing the foundations won't work, I'll just have to tear this thing apart the hard way!"

With that thought, Narcissa flew underneath the bridge and landing on one its main structural girders. She grasped the cables. They were large, heavy cables, so thick that she could just barely close her grip on them. The cables felt warm in her hands.

'That reminds me of something,' she thought, 'but I can't quite place it. No matter. Bridge! You're going down!'

Summoning all her newfound supervillain strength, she heaved at the cables.

The bridge defied all of Narcissa's attempts to wreck it.

"Oomph! C'mon, you metal monstrosity! Break! Fail! Fall! Smash into the gorge!"

Struggling with all her might, she could not even make the bridge vibrate, much less fail. She pulled and prodded. She wrapped her legs around the cables and tried to crush them. Finally, frustrated, she beat at the unyielding cables.

"What have they done to this thing?" she cried. "How can I be a supervillain if I can't do something supervillainous?"

She tried to take out her frustrations on the bridge, but the cables wouldn't budge. Banging on them did not even produce the hum she was expecting to hear.

"Well, this isn't working!" she said aloud. "I guess I'll have to think of something else!

Last edited by Greg on Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:59 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 275: Narcissa Makes Her Choice

Pounding her fists on the immobile structure of the bridge, Narcissa screamed at herself. "I'm an idiot! Supervillains don't destroy bridges! They have victims! What I need is a victim!"

She summoned all her power and flew out above the bridge to search for a suitable quarry, someone who would serve in her quest to establish her name among the ranks of the supervillains of history, someone whose demise would cause the maximum anguish for her adversary. Just at that moment, she spotted a suitable candidate. Giving in to anger and frustration that had been building since she was a teen, she felt the power pulse through her.

Narcissa spots her prey.

"Aha! Perfect! One of the bimbo's best friends! Not that it's all the difficult to find one of that dweeb's best friends to victimize--kick over a rock and one of Her best friends will crawl out! This one is especially good, though. She's around their house every day! And here she is, merrily headed back to town from Boveena, no doubt with a whole truckload of shoes for that drip!"

A feral snarl escaped from her perfectly lined lips as she descended with menace in her eye and malice in her heart toward a van driven by the unsuspecting Lucy Hanby!

Last edited by Greg on Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

lionamax
Senior SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:00 pm
This story is getting insteresting!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:33 pm
41 pages of story and commentary and it's getting interesting?

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
lionamax
Senior SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:06 am
yes...

Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:18 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 276: The Innocent Maid

Lucy Hanby had just finished working her way through college by cleaning the houses of all the rich folks in Happy Valley. Her employers were generous with tips and she had managed to save up a tidy little nest egg while she was in school.

She had become quite close with some of the families whose homes she cleaned. Among them, Sheba and Her entourage were most special to her; Lucy counted them among her closest friends. She was there as Sheba grew up and was a guest at Her wedding.

Even with her colleges expenses, Lucy had a stack of mad money burning a hole in her pocket. She wanted to give Sheba a gift to thank Her for all the generosity and companionship over the years, and she knew just where to go to get what she wanted. Or at least, she thought she did.

With that thought in mind, Lucy jumped into her van early one morning and headed up to Boveena.

Lucy arrives in Boveena

From force of habit, she parked her van across the street from her destination.

'This must be the place,' she thought. 'White brick building in between two red brick buildings. Two big black signs. Apartments upstairs. Yeah, it's got to be the store that Sheba told me about.'

Unbeknownst to our innocent maid,* it was that same fateful morning, the day that Narcissa decided to destroy the Boveena Bridge.

----------
*That would be "maid," not to be confused with "maiden."

Last edited by Greg on Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:34 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 277: Flavia's Finest Footwear

Flavia's Finest Footwear

'All right! This is it!' Lucy thought. 'Sheba's favorite shoe store! I'm sure I can find something here that She will like! Gosh, this isn't the quaint little boutique that I expected it to be.'

More than shoes.

'Wow! They sell a lot more than shoes here! Look at all the Boveena College stuff!' She puttered among the college souvenirs and chuckled to herself. 'How quaint. Rubber cow chips and udder beer steins. No place but Boveena!'

To her relief, Lucy found that they did have a huge selection of shoes. Selecting just the pair she wanted to buy for Sheba was no problem. She knew exactly what was in Sheba's closets--she was their maid, after all--and she knew Her tastes.

Some nice high-heeled pumps in blue leather trimmed with gold beckoned to her. They were a bit pricey but well within her budget, so Lucy gathered up her prize and headed for the cash register.

She was feeling a bit giddy about her little adventure. It was a long drive from Happy Valley to Boveena, but this was worth it! Every time Sheba looked in Her closet, those shoes would be there to remind Her of Lucy.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:56 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 278: Flavia

'Gosh, that kid behind the counter looks familiar!' she thought. 'I wonder what he's grinning about.'

George had some help ringing up her purchase.

The woman helping the kid ring up the sale looked worried. "That's right, George. Department six is women's shoes. But-- oh my, I didn't mean to leave that pair out for display."

"Is something wrong with them, ma'am?" Lucy asked.

"Oh, no, not at all! It's just that, well, you see, our best customer has been eyeing them every time She comes in. I know She wants them but She just hasn't reached the buying point yet. I just hate to disappoint our best customer."

"Could it be that I heard a capital 'S' when you said 'She'," Lucy asked.

The kid interrupted. "There's nothing to worry about," he said. "Do you know who this is, Flavia?"

"Um, no--"

"It's Lucy! Lucy Hanby! Sheba's maid!"

Lucy looked more closely at him. "George! It is you! What the heck are you doing in Boveena?"

"Just trying to pick up some extra money for my college fund," he said. "These are for Her, right?"

"Yes, but it's a surprise."

"Mum's the word, ma'am! And Lucy, this is Flavia Cobbler, my boss."

Flavia came around the counter to greet her.

"You really know what your boss likes!"

"I'm impressed," Flavia said. "You couldn't have made a better choice! You really know what your boss likes!"

Lucy laughed. "I've known Her since she was a baby. I was Her mother's maid and followed Sheba all the while She was growing up."

"Wow! You don't look nearly that old! What's your secret?"

"A glass of elixir every day for more than a century will do it!" Lucy said. "And I visited Dr. Tolad just before I went to college."

"Tell me more about this Dr. Tolad!"

"Hoooweee! I'll have to get to know this Dr. Tolad! Where's his office?"

George muttered something about "girl talk."

"Downtown Happy Valley, around the corner from the Orpheum."

"Oh, I know that place! You just head south across the bridge and down past Bonnyview Shores, right?"

"Yup, that's it! Come in on Happy Valley Road and turn right at Main Street."

Last edited by Greg on Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:24 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 279: Interrupted Journey

They were enjoying an exchange of Sheba stories when Flavia glanced at her watch.

"I'm late for work!"

"George," she said. "It's almost ten o'clock. I'll handle the register for a while so that you can take a break."

Lucy gasped. "Yikes! Ten o'clock? I'm going to be late for work! Gotta go! I have beds to make and floors to clean!"

With a shoe box in one hand and a bag filled with a few extra things in the other, Lucy hurried out to her van. She tossed her purchases in the back, jumped into the driver's seat, gunned the engine, and headed back south toward the bridge at a speed that even Boveena's cops would have noticed, if they had been there to notice.

Something odd was happening at Boveena Bridge. It looked like some crazy woman in an even crazier costume was jumping up and down at the other end.

Then, the crazy woman was flying! As far as Lucy knew, only Captain Hero could fly, and this certainly wasn't Captain Hero! Nevertheless, she was flying, and she had a ruddy aura surrounding her!

Lucy wasn't sure what to do. She didn't want to have anything to do with this nut, but she was already late. With a clenched jaw, she slammed the accelerator to the floor, hoping to hurry past the maniac on the bridge.

Then the crazy woman saw her. Lucy was horrified to see that the glowing screwball was flying straight toward her van. All she could do was stomp on the brakes. It looked like a collision was inevitable, but at least she might be able to lessen the impact. Her tires squalled on the pavement.

She had to brace herself against the steeing wheel. 'Rats! I forgot my seatbelt!'

Wham! The customed fruitcake disappeared beneath the hood of her van. The steering wheel slammed into her chest as the van came to an abrupt halt. Then suddenly, she realized that her van was rising off the bridge! She was going to go over the side!

Someone was screaming. She realized that it was her.

Lucy's only thought was to try to jump clear.

Her only thought was to try to jump clear, hoping that she would land on the bridge instead of plummeting to her death in the gorge far below. Her seat slammed up against her, and she found herself being propelled through her sun roof!

"Captain Hero!" she screamed. "Where are you when I need you?"

Last edited by Greg on Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:25 pm
... to be continued...
Grin

Ghostman
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:46 pm
"Someone was screaming. She realized that it was her."
Very funny line[/quote]
Kaylyn
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:33 am
Love the skid marks on the road in that last shot...you didn't miss any details, did you? Grin

Yay! Happy Valley being updated again! This is the whole reason I started reading this board and decided to join! bounce

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:15 am
Yay, Happy Valley returns!

Greg wrote:
From force of habit, she parked her van across the street from her destination.

It's the little touches... *8)
:story: Tales of Happy Valley