Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Tales of Happy Valley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:31 am
You really need to check out the plastic surgery kit :p Does Nancy have Uni installed? LOL

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:23 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 6: Another Baby Bomb Goes Off

Oops! He did it again!

Last night I revisted a house that I had not played in many weeks, the home of Greg's good friends, Donald and Valerie Matson. They are Meadow Thayer's adoptive parents, the ones who rescued Meadow from the Never Never Land of NPC teens who never grow up.

Valerie was pregnant so I decided to play until the baby was born to see how things turned out. Besides, I like to play with the babies. Grin

Everything went fine, until...

Miss Sabrina Matson

There's Valerie with newborn Sabrina, and smiling Donald in his purple pajamas, but look who has the pacifier above his head!

I checked back in Valerie's diary and sure enough, she had a fling with Gregsim 16 simdays earlier and has been waddling from house to house all this time, waiting to give birth to baby Sabrina.

And so, the family tree grows again!

Gregsim's Family Tree

Jump to Chapter 7: Greg Visits the Broadleafs and Their Sextuplets
This link jumps past the discussion.

Last edited by Greg on Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:55 am; edited 5 times in total

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:09 am
I'd show you Drefan's offspring, but it scrolls :/ lol! I think 15 children was the last count hehe...

Wytch's Brew
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:04 am
Where do you get the Plastic Surgery Kit? Is it a career reward?

Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:00 pm
They're Career Rewards, but Kelly made some great ones that are buyable. :winky:
http://thesimrepublic.simshost.com/main.html
You can find them under Objects, Rewards.

nanci2121
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:11 pm
Before you use it, make sure you are FULLY platinum or it WILL backfire and the results are way ugly. You have to keep trying again or you are stuck with a fugly sim.

Wytch's Brew
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:32 pm
Thanks, Liss. I didn't know that. :surprised4:

nanci2121
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:51 pm
Well on the downside, even if you are full platinum it can backfire. But if that happens you can pretty much clean slate it lol...but it won't look anything like the original sim.

Wytch's Brew
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 5:34 am
Greg wrote:
Oops! He did it again!

Last night I revisted a house that I had not played in many weeks, the home of Greg's good friends, Donald and Valerie Matson. They are Meadow Thayer's adoptive parents, the ones who rescued Meadow from the Never Never Land of NPC teens who never grow up.

Valerie was pregnant so I decided to play until the baby was born to see how things turned out. Besides, I like to play with the babies. Grin

Everything went fine, until...
Miss Sabrina Matson

There's Valerie with newborn Sabrina, and smiling Donald in his purple pajamas, but look who has the pacifier above his head!

I checked back in Valerie's diary and sure enough, she had a fling with Gregsim 16 simdays earlier and has been waddling from house to house all this time, waiting to give birth to baby Sabrina.

And so, the family tree grows again!
Gregsim's Family Tree

Isn't Gregsim glad the game didn't make him explain the little bundle of joy to She, possessor of the Captain Hero knockout punch?

Rose/Miros
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:32 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 7: Greg Visits the Broadleafs and Their Sextuplets

Gregsim Visits the Broadleafs

After they bundled their teenagers off to college, Gregsim and She made a little trip down the road to Bonnyview Shores to visit the famous Broadleaf sextuplets. Here he's helping Max and Maxine get the babies out of their cribs after their afternoon nap. That's bouncing baby Bosworth Broadleaf he's holding. Note who he's thinking about, though!

That's Gregsim for ya--always a sucker for babies and babes! Every time he walks into that house, "Uncle Greg" is mobbed by babies wanting attention.

The babe who has his attention at the moment is Anette, the handybabe from DMA Sims. Danny calls her the "janitor" although she does about everything around the house but cleanup work. I did a little makeover on her; changed her hair style, and I think that's Carrot's eye makeup and lipstick.

It's almost impossible to keep track of them all, but that's baby April in the pink jammies. You might also recognize the NPC Jan Tellerman passing by outside. Of course, the other guy in the picture is Max Broadleaf, the father of the Six Pack.

Do you sometimes find yourself right-clicking on these pictures and trying to rotate the view?

Last edited by Greg on Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:07 am; edited 5 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:49 pm
Quote:
They're Career Rewards, but Kelly made some great ones that are buyable.
http://thesimrepublic.simshost.com/main.html
You can find them under Objects, Rewards.

Oh my! She sure does!

Buyable Plastic Surgery from The Sim Republic

I've been seeing the announcements of Kelly's buyable reward objects in the SimsHost Chronicle but this is the first time I've looked at that whole page with all of them. It's overwhelming!

Time for me to call a cab and head on down to the The Sim Republic for a shopping trip! I want them all!
lol

I read somewhere that the Plastic Surgery changes the sim's appearance but does not change the sim's genetics, so they can still have ugly babies. I don't know if the Sim Surgery in SimPE changes the genetics or not.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:49 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 8: How to Win Friends and Influence Cows

Group Research at the Dorm, with Cow

Tired of bothersome bovine boisterousness interrupting your serious sims studies? Weary of competing college cutups setting off your sprinklers? We have a solution!

Get the cow to join your group research!
lol

I sent Gregsim's teenagers off to college, and as soon as they landed at Happy Valley University they were hoping against hope that some of their friends would come to college, too. Several of those friends were NPC's so I bundled up the ubiquitous Tosha Go (distinguished by her signature handlebars), Ricky Cormier, and Alvin Futa and planted them in a dorm. Here you see them as young adults.

Alvin and Tosha both had a session with the buyable Plastic Surgery from The Sim Republic, but Ricky is however Ricky turned out.

Veteran University players might be wondering what the heck happened to Prof. Mehrissa and Prof. Simjin, whom you will meet as elders in your game. (So far, they've been the first teachers all of my college kids have met. They must teach the Freshman Studies class.) With a little help from Merola's Magic Mirror, the Testing Cheats, and the Plastic Surgery, I gave them a new lease on life.

They are still full college professors (and hence, good people to know!) but I converted them to young adults and made 'em purdy. Fueled by their newfound passions of regained youth, these erstwhile elders leaped into a torrid affair with each other. In fact, they shamelessly consummated their relationship in a bed on the room of the dorm!

Yes, Prof. Mehrissa is topless. That's the way she wanted to dress when she became young again, and who am I to argue with a college professor? Perhaps this is her way of keeping the guys awake in class, albeit perhaps not focused on the academic subject matter.

(Does anything normal ever happen in Happy Valley?)

The naked gal coming up the stairs is Miss Jane Royce, the NPC streaker. She came streaking through, bothering my college students. I decided I'd have none of that nonsense at HVU, so I slowed her down, befriended her to everybody, and even had her make herself useful by hiring a maid while the kids were at their first class. Now she's having a love affair with the cook.

Finally that brings to Miss Melanie Kody, the cow. When she arrived, Melanie kept trying to sneak off and set off the sprinkler system. I suppose I could have just fed her to the Cow Plant (a fitting end, that would surely be) but the game would just generate another one. There are already at least two cow cheerleaders working HVU; the other is a guy named Cody.

Once again, Merola's Magic Mirror and the Testing Cheats to the rescue! Melanie is now best friends with most of the students in the dorm and has a sane personality. I caught her tip-toeing toward the sprinkler again, and decided on the Final Solution: Get her to join the ongoing group research!

I'ver learned with her cow cohort, Cody, that you can keep the cow busily studying 24/7 if you use a refresher cheat. No deadly sprinklers or harrassed students at Happy Valley University!

See below to find out what Melanie looks like under her silly cow costume.

Last edited by Greg on Fri May 13, 2005 1:12 pm; edited 6 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:05 am
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 9: Manse Orleans, the Collegiate Edition

Breakfast at Manse Orleans, the University Edition

On the morning of their second day at college, all of the girls were seriously missing their mom and dad and wanting to invite them over for breakfast, so they did!

Isn't it nice that the university is so close to town that their folks can just drop before they have to go to class?

The girls are really growing up! They've been to their first class, befriended their professors, gotten engaged to their high school sweethearts (who are also now in college), and are even got outfits that match what their boyfriends wear!

The twins have taken to wearing undies now. Perhaps they figured they were getting too old to be parading around in the buff every morning. They still leave their books lying around, though.

Not only did they build a house reminiscent of their old home in Happy Valley...

Manse Orleans, the Collegiate Edition
It helps to have a fabulously wealthy daddy who spoils them rotten.

... they even have the same maid! (I checked--it's the same Lucy! She even remembers when this trio were still in diapers! Actually, she remembers when Gregsim was a teenager because she was the maid at his parents' house long ago.) Obviously Lucy takes advantage of the time warp in The Sims--and perhaps a painting in the attic--so that she can maintain all these households.

The twins will probably be pining for Aunt Winona next. (That's Her Aunt Winona, their mother.) Interestingly, while Brenda is very close to She and Winona, she has never shown any interest at all in her own mother, Narcissa Sapphos. Perhaps that is just as well.

Last edited by Greg on Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:11 am; edited 5 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:17 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 10: The Cow Revealed!

Miss Melanie Kody, the Contentious Cow

That's not a reference to her mammary apparatus but rather to her avocation. Did you ever wonder what Melanie Kody looks like underneath that cow costume? Here she is!

I had her do a bit of a makeover so that she wouldn't look so drab, but otherwise this is Melanie! Here, she is at the Allardice girls' house at Happy Valley University. She's in the Allardice girls' home laboratory, tending the plants in the hydroponics garden because (a) keeping her busy keeps her out of mischief and (b) it's an action that causes her to lift her arms so that I could get a good angle for this carefully fig-leafed close-up.

Even with an improved personality, her primary avocation is still pulling pranks, but no wonder poor Melanie is such a ditz! The only clothing she owns is that silly cow costume! So now I have to decide whether I want her running around in my game wearing that (admittedly cute) cow costume or her (even cuter) skin. In either case, she's just too adorable to feed her to the cow plant.

Hmm... I wonder if I could pair her off with the llama. What would the children look like?
:doubt:

For more of the adventures of Melanie Kody, see the tale of The Llama and The Cow.

Last edited by Greg on Fri May 13, 2005 1:13 pm; edited 3 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:03 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 11: Allardice Girls

Judy, Janet, and Joanne Allardice

Speaking of the Allardice girls, it's about time we visited them, too. In this scene they are celebrating their outstanding success on their first final exams at Happy Valley University with a little jam session to entertain their boyfriends and some visiting college professors.

Their parents, Edward and Sally Allardice, are among my oldest and most influential sim families with a history that dates back to before the bomb. Originally established in Strangetown, they moved to Happy Valley and were among the many families I was able to rescue from oblivion after the bomb.

Allardice House - The original version in Strangetown

The girls were born in the game as teenagers, originally intended to provide girlfriends for the teenage Franks boys. The Franks boys didn't pay any attention to my plans, however; instead they showed a strong interest in other girls in town. That left the Allardice girls without boyfriends, so I left them alone while I developed other parts of the neighborhood.

When Gregsim grew up to be a teenager, he was for a time the only teen boy in town (except for some really ugly and unpleasant NPC's) and so, he and the Allardice triplets became a signicant part of each others' lives.

Last edited by Greg on Fri May 13, 2005 1:13 pm; edited 3 times in total

:story: Tales of Happy Valley