Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic :dl: 223 N Franks Ranch Road (Download)
:dl: 223 N Franks Ranch Road (Download)
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:02 pm

Toddulaunga House - 223 N Franks Ranch Road
SimsHost subscribers can click on the image to download.
5.43 MB zip file expands to about 25 MB in your game. Unoccupied. Unfurnished.
Warning: Download probably contains game hacks. Use of Clean Installer is recommended.

Here's another of my favorite houses. The Toddulaunga house is designed to spread out wide, but it sits sideways on the lot so that it fits nicely with minimum frontage on the road. Instead of staring at the neighbors across the street, the Toddulaungas enjoy a view of their own gardens through their generous front windows.

When it came time to get little Lacey Toddulaunga into private school, the headmaster was totally blown away by this house as it is currently configured. He didn't even have to stay for dinner!

In my neighborhood this house sits with its back toward to least interesting facade of Manse Orleans, but out back one garden flows into the next.

I've play-tested this house through three generations and found it to be one of my most playable houses. It has two formal bedrooms on the first floor with a nursery between the master bedroom and kitchen. This gives optimum access to sleepy parents and the all-important refrigerator when the kids are little.

On the street end there is study that can double as a music room and accommodate up to four kids doing their homework at the same time. An adjacent quiet room gives you a place to put those chaise lounges for energy-boosting naps.

The upstairs is mostly open with one room partitioned off for the teenager. As usual, this area underwent the most remodeling as the members of the family grew and changed.

Last edited by Greg on Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:42 am; edited 3 times in total

Beautiful House Greg!
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:01 am
You certainly have design talent! That's a lovely house! I'm definately going to download it once I get the clean installer program.

-SCG
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 3:45 pm
Thanks!
Grin

If only we could get paid as much for Sims architecture as real architects get for real architecture...

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:06 pm
woohoo! I so love your houses lol....

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:20 pm
I was thinking about this house and upon reflection, realized why I'm so fond of it. In addition to being really pretty at night...

Toddulaunga House at Night

... it's also where teenage Gregsim had his very first kiss!

Gregsim and Lacy Toddulaunga

Grin

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:31 pm
Another first for Toddulaunga house was the first time I ever saw the helicopter, when Lacy's Aunt Darlene made it to the top of the Business Career and became Happy Valley's first tycoon.

Darlene Toddulaunga Arrives Home in Her Helicopter

That was quite a surprise because I didn't even know the helicopter was in the game!

I learned that with some very careful maneuvering of the camera you can even get inside the helicopter and look out the window!

Toddulaunga House from Inside Darlene's Helicopter

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:39 pm
And in yet another first, Toddulaunga House was where the former maid Lainey Mendoza became friends with Tommy Franks...

Lainey Mendoza befriends Tommy Franks

... and thanks to her connections with the very influential Franks family (after whom Franks Ranch Road is named), Lainey went on to become the first mayor of Happy Valley!

Lainey had an interesting campaign style, being one of the few mayoral candidates to stump for votes in a bikini.

Lainey Schmoozes Tommy Franks (That's teenage Gregsim with his back to us.)

Last edited by Greg on Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:50 pm
Toddulaunga House is also the place where I first had a burglarly. The police showed up...

Police Arrive in Response to the Burglar Alarm

... but the cop lost a fist fight with the burglar and she got away!

Policeman Loses Fight With Burglar

It's a shame that all the other characters just stand around and fret about a burglar. That night, Gregsim was visiting Lacy (We were just playing Canasta! I swear!) and at body level 10, he could have wupped her. For that matter, so could have Lacy's dad, Scott.

Oh well, in this view you can just barely get a peek at the bathroom tucked in behind the staircase, and also a view of smidgeon of the nursery past the kitchen.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:18 pm
Here's a nice view of the front walk beneath the east balcony.

Toddulaunga House Front Walk

That's Carl Franks (youngest of the Franks Brothers) chatting up one one of the townies--Christy Stratton, I think.

Here's another amusing interior view. In the original Happy Valley, Lacy had a baby sister whose name I can't remember.

Lacy's Sister Grows Up to Childhood

That's Lacy, still a child, in the blue dress. The guy with the beard is her dad, Scott. The teenager in the yellow bikini is a neighbor named Janet Allardice; she just stopped by to use the pool. The guy in the swim trunks is Tommy Franks. He spent almost as much time at Toddulaunga House as Gregsim!

I originally created the Toddulaunga family to test what happens if you turn off aging while a child is still a toddler. (Toddle Long. Get it?) That was Lacy's role. During her toddlerhood she maxed out her creativity, charisma, and logic skills while making friends with half the people in the neighborhood.

Alas, all these characters were tragically lost in The Bomb that Wiped Out Happy Valley. The only survivors of that bomb were Gregsim and his new wife, Dallas, who were in transit when the bomb went off.

In Baumdoubt Valley--the remnant of the original Happy Valley--Gregsim still remembers his first kiss with Lacy, but he doesn't remember what she looked like. Her picture comes up blank in his memory.

But, incongruously, in the new reincarnation of Happy Valley where I resurrected a much earlier version of the households, he remembers what Lacy looked like as a teenager even though in that neighborhood, Lacy is still a child!

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:20 pm
hehehe....I love your stories as much as your houses. I go through my sims pics and go "huh? what was that about, I can't remember" LOL!!!!!!!!

I finally quit taking pictures except for my Legacy family, which I integrated into my alpha neighborhood, so they are technically no longer my legacy family, as I have associated them with player characters and used mass cheats LOL...Legacy challenge is just not for me I guess.

Wytch's Brew
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:59 am
Liss wrote:
hehehe....I love your stories as much as your houses. I go through my sims pics and go "huh? what was that about, I can't remember" LOL!!!!!!!!

I finally quit taking pictures except for my Legacy family, which I integrated into my alpha neighborhood, so they are technically no longer my legacy family, as I have associated them with player characters and used mass cheats LOL...Legacy challenge is just not for me I guess.

Oh my! My answer here was becoming so involved that I realized it needed to be illustrated, and that I really need to create a new topic just to tie all these fragmented stories together! So I did!

I'll be back with a link to that topic as soon as I find out its number.
Grin

Edit: And here it is!

Tales of Happy Valley

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:22 pm
*clap clap* hehe

Wytch's Brew
Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:58 pm
hehe....my hubby doesn't play Sims but loves hearing your stories!

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
:dl: 223 N Franks Ranch Road (Download)