Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Odd Wall issue
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Odd Wall issue
Grandma
Dimensional Traveller
Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:42 pm
I have finally had a little time to play the game and made a pretty house with 4 floors and a widows walk... Well, the problem is this. The first floor has a taller than normal ceiling. It won't let me put walls in the interrior of this floor and tells me there are floor tiles in the way. There is more than enough room for the walls as the ceiling is at least 2 sim feet above the wall height.

Anyone else run into this issue? Is there any way around it? I really don't want to start over again as it took me all day to build the exterior and it looks so pretty the way it is.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:36 pm
grandma did you put your walls on top of the foundation or did you put the foundation around the outside of the house then put the floor on the ground if you did the latter, then the inside walls will have this problem you can get around it but im not even sure thats your problem ........a few different things can cause it got a pic?

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:09 am
I will take a pic of it later. Right now I can't get to the game part of my game...

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:26 pm
do you mind if I send you the house so you can look at it?

I don't know how you can tell what the problem is by looking at a picture

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:53 pm
sure grandma i would love to look at it for you smile
jobtwo@aol.com

Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:55 pm
ty, I will send it tomorrow morning

Post Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:41 pm
How do you zip up a house you have made?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:28 am
you have to package the file first......to do that in the nieghborhood screen click on the lot then you will see the info of the lot. in the bottom left corner you will see an astrick looking icon click that then chose package to file , after its done a little screen pops up telling you the name and where its at smile ..........unless you have people in it then you have to click info icon then on second pop up you will see the package icon(astrick)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:31 am
Okay, it can be found at

http://www.artistichabitats.com/webmasters/BigLot.Sims2Pack

Hope you can fix it, (and let me know how to avoid this in the future)

Thanks in advance,

Grandma

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:51 am
im not sure what i have here grandma this is what i see on that page the only clickable link is the refresh button ......that downloaded a file that was 3 megabytes which is probably right but the file wont execute or open either one , try it again and zip it before you upload it smile

........The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An invalid character was found in text content. Error processing resource 'http://www.artistichabitats.com/webmasters/BigLo...

Sims2 Packager 1.0

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:07 pm
got it........ the second time it worked smile

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:29 pm
thought i had it but the game doesnt recognize it lol.........try installing it yourself if you dont see it in house bin then the game didnt pakage it right try doing it again ........if it does install it to the bin then try zipping it before you upload to the webpage smile

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:17 pm
Okay, it is now zipped try it again.

http://www.artistichabitats.com/webmasters/BigLot.zip

I was just napping... :zzzz:

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:10 pm
i hate to be the bearer of bad news sad you cant make the levels a different height than the game alows unless you don't want to use walls on the inside because the walls want to go all the way to the ceiling...... i am not sure how you did it but i do see that you used the stairs that can be made any height . i am not sure how you started the second floor but you have to start the second floor at the height of the wall ......."like you said its about two feet taller where the stairs are than where the outside wall is" (that is the problem the stairs are higher than the outside wall the inside walls cant slope from the stairs to the outside wall )............i can fix it by taking out the whole bottom floor and basement and build downwards or take out the second floor and rebuild it lol thats your choices
its a beautifull house it would be worth it .....i would even do it for you if ya want but it may not turn out like what you had in mind (not sure why you wanted the second floor higher than normal)

edited cause i sometimes have a hard time explaining lol hope you can understand it smile

Post Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:02 pm
If you want to give it a try go ahead. I am working on a new one but I agree, that one is pretty enough to put a little work into making it nice. It was my first attempt at a house in the new game. I have been so busy with other things I haven't had the time.

It took me hours to try and get the basement level right and I though I had it so I went from there. It wasn't until I tried making the separate rooms that I found out about the problem. Would it be successful if you just tried to raise the height of the basement level? The one I am doing now is working and I have a similar basement in it. I know one of the reasons I did it the way I did was because I wanted a nice porch around the first floor.

Don't ask me how I did that one. I don't remember now. I also am not sure why that one did what it did and this one is okay. I do remember playing around with how low I could push the bottom of the world. I managed to make a temporary house completely underground! I will probably make one that way on purpose eventually. After skylights are a possibility.