Reply to topic Greg
Greg
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:28 am
Presenting the Lurid Tale of...

Gregsim!

Ta da!

Momsim and Dadsim (along with both sets of grandparents and his brother and two sisters) raised him from toddlerhood. The resulting sim bears quite a startling resemblance to me from about 30 years ago. I'll see if I can find an old photo from my mountain-climbing days.

I think it's amusing that when Gregsim became a teen, the game decided he should wear a full beard. The game picked out the clothes for him, too:

Gregsim in his teen years

He was visiting friends when this toddler conned him into first feeding her and then playing with her. She plays a significant role later on his life, too. Maybe it helped that they were best friends before she had even learned to talk.

Yup! That adorable little toddler grew up to become She Who Must Be Obeyed!

All that happened with autonomous interactions. Gregsim is a soft touch for children everywhere he goes.

He started out in the Military career track, moving from house to house and working his way through the ranks all the way to General.

General Gregsim

After that, he retired to pursue a career in politics.

When he was Mayor of Happy Valley, Gregsim invested a of his time maintaining his circle of friends...

Mayor Gregsim Keeps his Electorate In Line

But tragically, he really was quite the reprobate. In fact, he was the number one customer of the local brothel...

"It's good to be the king!"

He was quite a disappointment to his family, but they appreciated the fact that he was friends with just about everybody in town. He'd stop by the old homestead whenever someone was due for a promotion and use his influence to help out.

He continued his wanderings around Happy Valley until finally one day She reappeared in his life as an adult and convinced him to settle down and mend his evil ways.

He retired from politics, giving the Mayor's job over to his dad, and got a job in scientific research. That's when he built Manse Orleans.

Gregsim at Manse Orleans

It's also when I first ran into the problem of the Sim who wouldn't go to work because it was She who got promoted to Captain Hero out of synch.

Nowadays, Gregsim is 61 days old. The latest amusing story comes from the day that She decided that it was time for Gregsim and Her to get married. There wasn't a room at Manse Orleans large enough to hold the wedding (had to invite practically the whole town, y'know) and the land out back was too hilly, so they got married on the roof!

Rooftop Wedding at Manse Orleans

She hit the jackpot on their wedding night -- wedding morning, to be precise; the party lasted until sunup -- so the question of whether She will go to work has been delayed for several days. And that's where we are now!

Other than that, with career tracks rapidly disappearing behind him, a fantastic bank account, and a padlock on his zipper (which, thank goodness, means no more woods colts to worry about) about all that's left for Gregsim in the game is raise a passle of kids and see them on their way to a happy life!

Last edited by Greg on Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:40 am
So where's the picture of "She" aka Mrs. Gregsim?

Rose/Miros
miros1
Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:48 pm
Duh! Her pic is in the other thread as the Captain Hero...

Rose/Miros
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:31 pm
Right!

shamengoddess
Seeker of the Fae
Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:27 am
ok, i give, where's the Captain Hero thread?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:44 am
http://hullabaloo.simshost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3437

Rose/Miros
shamengoddess
Seeker of the Fae
Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:00 am
ty

Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 2:23 am
I ran across an old picture of Gregsim as a teenager, which pretty much speaks for itself.

Teenage Gregsim Doing What Teen Boys Do

The young lady in the picture is Miss Janet Allardice. Janet is one of the Allardice triplets, whose story remains to be told in the Tales of Happy Valley.

Greg