Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic :dl: My Favorite House (Download)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
:dl: My Favorite House (Download)
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:17 am
Do you have a favorite of all the houses you've built? Let's see a picture! Here's mine!

Manse Orleans
229 N Franks Ranch Road
Happy Valley

Manse Orleans
229 N Franks Ranch Road (SimsHost subscribers can click on the address to download the house.)

7.81 MB Zip File
$192,273

WARNING: HUGE, GIGANTIC, HUMONGOUS FILE! The download is 7.81 megabytes and will expand to 31 megabytes in your game.

WARNING: This house has not had the game hacks cleaned out of it. You might want to use the Clean Installer from MTS2 to tidy up the file to avoid the risk of installing hacks you don't want. For more about what hacks I have installed, see this thread about 215 S Happy Valley Road.

(That's the infamous reprobate, Gregsim, standing on the balcony. Of course this is his house!)

Edit: I added the download link to the first message in this thread because it seemed like that would be a good convention to follow. I also added "(Download)" to the message subject to identify it as a thread that has a link to a download.

Last edited by Greg on Sun May 15, 2005 4:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:14 am
ooooooo....
guess what the next sentence is?

I want it!

LOL

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:44 pm
Here's one I just built that I rather like Grin

Generally I like 1 story homes but this one really clicked with me.

At the bottom is also my first college graduate, Maya Wong. (She married Darren Wong, a college buddy).

Last edited by Liss on Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wytch's Brew
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:45 pm
hmmm why did that not work?
never mind, fixed it.

Wytch's Brew
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:16 pm
That's neat! I like all that glass -- it makes for a lovely view. (Assuming, of course, that the house is oriented toward the view.)

I was about to post a note and say that you can't have Manse Orleans until you post a picture of your favorite house! So much for that excuse!

I'll see if I can get Manse Orleans tidied up. I definitely have to move the family out first or it'll take hours to transfer it to and from the server. Gotta be really careful with this one because of all the families in Happy Valley, that's the one I least want to risk messing up. Grin

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:00 am
I have tried packaging some of my favorite houses with the families intact, since I don't want to move them out, but for some reason my game doesn't want to package them so I can recreate them in another neighborhood and move them out. grrrrr

Wytch's Brew
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:03 am
By the way, Maya is a third generation of my alpha family. Some of these sims turn out beautifully! I'm really happy with some of the girls this family has produced. The men however are a different story. Some of them are downright scary, and I've been forced to marry some of the girls off to college friends LOL...although there are a few attractive men, but they all look alike :/

Wytch's Brew
shamengoddess
Seeker of the Fae
Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:33 pm
Very kewl houses!!!

And you asked for our favs...stupidly enough it is still in Sims 1 (if I can ever get Sims 2 to move quick enough I'll build it in there too!!!)...but here she is...

Tara

Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:36 pm
OOH, I love the double height columns in the front!

Rose/Miros
shamengoddess
Seeker of the Fae
Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:23 am
yes, love those too, they are from Monis!!!

Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:29 pm
Liss wrote:
I want it!

You got it! Look in that same spot on your site. Grin

SimsHost subscribers can download, too:

Manse Orleans
229 N Franks Ranch Road (SimsHost subscribers can click on the address to download the house.)

7.81 MB Zip File
$192,273

WARNING: HUGE, GIGANTIC, HUMONGOUS FILE! The download is 7.81 megabytes and will expand to 31 megabytes in your game.

WARNING: This house has not had the game hacks cleaned out of it. You might want to use the Clean Installer from MTS2 to tidy up the file to avoid the risk of installing hacks you don't want. For more about what hacks I have installed, see this thread about 215 S Happy Valley Road.

This house is loaded with extras. I forgot to dismiss the NPC servants from DMA Sims before I befriended the family out of the house so I fear that they are still there. If you look carefully at the screen shot you'll see Anette Ricci doing the gardening.

(If anyone downloads this thing, could you tell me if the NPC's are there? In addition to Anette Ricci, there would be Jessica Wells the house manager and Victoria Moore the maid. Does anyone know if it's safe to just delete them from an unoccupied lot? I was about to do that, but it seemed kind of scary and I didn't want to mess up my game because I use those NPC's a lot.)

I'll post a tour of Manse Orleans in the next message.

Addendum: I tried packaging the house without the extras, and the .package file got bigger! So I'll leave that big download just as it is.

Last edited by Greg on Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:07 pm
A Tour of Manse Orleans

Let's start in the basement.

Manse Orleans Basement

I built this basement while the house was occupied and fully furnished. That was fun! Otherwise I haven't done much down there so outfitting the basement is up to you.

Here's how I built the foundation in an occupied house:

1. Go to the ground level in Build Mode

2. Use shovel tool inside the foundation to dig down the four edges of a square. Level off that square and a little bit surrounding terrain when you think you've dug deep enough.

3. Try to build a wall. If it says "covered by floor tile" you need to go deeper, so go back to step 2.

4. Once you've reached the point where you can build a wall, you know you're at the right depth. Delete any wall sections you were using to test things.

5. Select a terrain square at the level of your basement and flatten the surrounding terrain to that level. Be careful to stop one square short of the outer walls of the foundation so that you don't get a cliff on the outside. I try to get it so that the sloping terrain squares are right at the edges of the foundation. Be especially careful at the corners; it's easy to get an unwanted trench there. If you go too far, use the Undo button.

6. Once you've flattened the floor of your basement, pave it over with floor tiles.

7. Now go the foundation tool and delete the foundation over the flat area of the floor. You will see the inner walls of the basement appearing. Keep going until you have just the perimeter defined.

8. Now you're in for a surprise. Go up a level and look at the floor.

The First Floor is Full of Holes After You've Dug the Basement

It's full of holes! In fact, floor tiles have disappeared from every square that wasn't in use. No worries; just get your eyedropper going and replace the missing tiles. Look around to make sure you've got them all. I missed a few floor tiles in one of the bathrooms and She became very annoyed with me when she found She couldn't jump across the gap when She had to go potty!

Amusement: The spa on the patio is located over the new basement so for a while there I had a hot tub floating in space.

Floating Hot Tub (Before I repaired the construction damage to the patio.)

~ continued ~

Last edited by Greg on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:43 am; edited 3 times in total

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:57 pm
oooooh the things you do for me! thank you so much hehe

Wytch's Brew
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:05 pm
A Tour of Manse Orleans, continued
Intermezzo: Invasion of the Hookers

More amusement: I did use the basement briefly to test out the NPC Woohoo sims from DMA Sims. This turned out to be emphatically not a good idea.

A bunch of hookers ended up walking in the front door, and She was most assuredly not amused.

Hookers Invade Manse Orleans

When their customers started parading to the basement, She had had enough! By the next morning She was ready to give them the old heave-ho.

She Attempts to Evict the Hookers

"See that door, Sweet Cheeks? Why don't you just go see what the other side of it looks like before you find out what Captain Hero's fist feels like?"

The hooker was unimpressed by threats from a pregnant lady (big mistake!) and started to give Her some lip.

Meanwhile, Gregsim -- wimp that he is -- was trying the polite approach with Maureen Ashcroft, another of the hookers. He quietly explained that this was a private residence and they apparently had set up shop at the wrong address. Through some logic that only makes sense in the Universe of The Blondes (something to do with a clothing booth in the basement), Maureen was adamant about her rights and insisting on staying.

The Discussion Got Heated

It looked like was going to come to blows but -- thank goodness -- our house manager stepped in in time to prevent a case of Hamburger Hooker being splattered all over the living room.

House Manager Jessica Wells to the Rescue!

"Why don't you let me take care of this, honey?" Jessica says. "It's what you pay me the big bucks for!"

Now, under normal circumstances (assuming "normal" can be applied to anything that happens at Manse Orleans), that would have been the end of this comedy, but as is so often the case in The Sims, there was still one more event in store!

Twins!

While She was contemplating the prospect of converting the hooker Donna Eckhart into a pile of dog food, She went into labor! The hookers and everybody else dropped the whole argument and suddenly became Lamaze birth coaches!

And thus, on yet another exciting evening at Manse Orleans, with construction dust still settling on the shoulders of a cadre of unwelcome prostitutes who were closer to death than they will ever know, were born Alexander* and his twin sister Amanda!

Maternal love quickly replaced Captain Hero's wrath as She became totally involved with the new babies. Our house manager took advantage of the distraction to quietly usher the hookers out the door with all their body parts intact. Grin

*Alexander is the name of my real-life son. Amanda, however, seems to have fallen off the Radar of Real Life.

~ OKOKOK... now back to the tour of Manse Orleans ~

Last edited by Greg on Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:54 am; edited 9 times in total

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:24 pm
Problem encountered. sad Something is wrong with the file you dropped in my directory, when I tried to install it (with clean install) it refused to open it and threw a hissy fit and gave me a bunch of errors. *sigh*

Wytch's Brew
:dl: My Favorite House (Download)