Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Nanny Woes . . .
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Nanny Woes . . .
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:16 pm
Has your Nanny caused havoc in your Sims' home? Do tell!

I'm on the verge of torturing one of them :mischievous:. . . please help!

I need to know I'm not alone! Lol

MTIA,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:37 pm
I hate the nannies with the fire of a thousand suns. I try not to use them unless I absolutely HAVE to, like when my sim goes to work or is about ready to pass out.

I especially hate when you put them in the highchair, go to get their food, and the nanny takes them out of the highchair and puts them on the floor. Or when I am trying to take them to the potty or teach them to talk or walk, and the nanny comes and puts them in the high chair, or in bed.

I had one nanny at the goth house that wouldn't go away. She didn't do anything for the baby either, she just stood in front of the crib, blocking it. She finally went away from the crib when the kid grew up to child and I deleted it, but she still wouldn't leave. She acted like she lived there, taking baths, eating all our food, and hopping into the beds to sleep! I can't remember what made her go away, but I was sure glad when she did!

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:51 pm
Oh Thank You Liss! Lol =)

Yes, yes . . . I've had similar troubles!

I figured something out with the Nanny last night:

I had one of my Sims "dismiss" the Nanny in the afternoon (since the husband/wife were done sleeping and were finally rested - they no longer needed her "services".)

At the same time of my Sim "dismissing" her, the Maid was over and cleaning the house. Well, the Nanny didn't leave, but just stood around. I'd have my Sim "shoo" her and she'd move to another room (the baby was alsleep, so she had little to do.)

I was nearly at the point of "deleting" her (via the move_objects cheat), but discovered the problem. It was the Maid's van! The "Nanny Mobile" was parked behind the Maid's van and apparently "stuck" there UNTIL the maid left. Strange . . . . since I've seen other vehicles "disappear" when stuck behind other vehicles.

Also, what gives the Nanny the idea that she can take baths, cook, etc. at will? LOL I think the lamest thing about her, is she'll do the aforementioned (and more) however there are times when she holds her bladder until she pees on the floor! (Which I will admit to delighting in slightly, as it seems to make her very uncomfortable . . . :mischievous: hehe).

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Nanny
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:45 am
How about the nanny that treats herself to a lobster dinner from your fridge while the baby cries in her crib? Or who takes food out of the fridge but then abandons it over and over again on counters and on the floor. Sim comes home from work to find the fridge empty and food sitting out everywhere.

-SCG
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:38 am
yes! now that i think about it, it was after I dismissed her I started having trouble.

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:45 pm
I had a nanny that delighted in picking fights with the mother. I said "oh no you don't" and had the mother fire her. Then the nanny cried like she was broken hearted that she was getting the boot and having to leave the kid. I think she was also the one that would swim in the pool all the time while the poor baby passed out on the floor from exhaustion.

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:31 pm
LOL . . . I know just what you're talking about Hon! =)

I've come across a few of those "sadistic nannies" myself . . . I detest them! Lol

Only trouble I've found with firing them is: When you call for another Nanny, the one you recently fire is the one that (usually) comes back! = O

There is one Nanny who's rather nice, does her job well, doesn't cause fires and doesn't loaf around too much. I think her name is Karen . . . hmmm . . . not sure. In any case, it's the Nanny that isn't terribly ugly! LOL

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
I know!
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:36 am
Karen Gast is the good nanny. smile
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:48 am
Thank You SCG!!!!! :woohoo:

I thought that was her name, just wasn't positive . . . :doh:

And I know what you mean about the "bad nannies" leaving food out and cooking when the baby screams, I have literally wanted to kill her when she does these things! = O lol

Speaking of which . . . I wonder . . . if we killed off the two bad nannies, would "new" NPC nannies replace them?

OH! Also . . . I remember a few weeks back playing the game, one of my sims invited some friends to his house for a get together. One of the friends he invited asked if he could bring a friend along, so I agreed to that. Guess who the "friend" was! It was one of the "bad" nannies! = O lol

Well, the "get together" went down just fine, everyone had fun, but guess who was left alone in the hot tub after hours (when everyone else had gone home) ? Yep, that "bad" Nanny! Lol In fact, she simply would NOT leave this guy's house (and he was single with no children). = O

Oh it was such a nightmare . . he'd ask her to leave/tell her goodbye nothing got rid of her! AND she loved to hog the only bathroom in the house and go :poo: a lot! Which ticked off the guy and any friends he had over. Finally, after being there over 24 hours, she passed out on the kitchen floor! So, I thought if I moved the stereo into the kitchen that would wake her up, but she didn't budge - just kept sleeping!

Finally, I just used the move_objects cheat to delete her because quite honestly, I couldn't bare her presence any further! =) hehe

You know, this whole post gives me an idea . . . a "Nanny Graveyard" might be my next addition to the Neighborhood! :mischievous: hehe

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Fire Nanny
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:37 am
That bad nanny is back at it again. Two Cooking fires in one day! She tossed a load of expensive ribs on the BBQ then went for a swim. After the fire dept left, she put a cake in the oven left it to go the bathroom then sat watching tv as the fire dept returned to put out the fire.

At least she didn't empty the fridge again so maybe she's getting better?
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:08 pm
From what you mentioned, she's either getting better Or she's too scared to cook anything after the fires. Lol
Could it be...
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:49 am
Could it be senility setting in? After all, all the nannies are old...not like you can hire a younger one. It would certainly explain the set it and FORGET it, cooking techniques. wink

-SCG
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:36 am
Hehe . . . it does lead one to believe they've watched one too many "RonCo" infomercials . . :surprised4: lol.
Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:10 am
I suppose it could be worse.....we could have a teen that does nothing but watch tv, play games, talk on the phone, AND eat you out of house and home.

I also hate the fact that the nannies won't help potty train your toddler. When you have both parents at work, the poor kid has to soil their diapers because the nanny won't bother to take them to the potty. This has gotten on my nerves so much that I leave the potty chair for the nanny to empty when I can. LOL

I've also move all video games, pinball games, etc. outside to the lawn if I have one "on duty" during the night or she will go in and wake up the family in order to have fun.

And I know why I have to keep restocking the aquarium! Because the freaking nanny has to clean it every two seconds! Before I know it, I'll see the little "best friends" smilies over the fishes heads one day when she sticks her hand in the aquarium.

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:42 pm
I hear you Hon!

You'd think at her rates she could at least put the toddler on the toilet, she empties the trainer potties, where does she think the poo comes from, the sky? LOL

I like to at least get the toddler toilet trained as soon as possible, so if he/she has to "go" when under the care of the nanny, I can just click the potty and tell them to "use". I try to have a trainer potty in every bathroom (for the sake of simplicity), but I really like to make the toddler poo into all the trainer potties and have the nanny running around all over cleaning them because I know how much she hates it. :mischievous: hehe

Which brings me to my next point: Why don't nannies/adults wash their hands after cleaning out the trainer potties? It makes me sick to see the nanny clean out a potty then cook! :sickly: I try to always get my adult sims to wash after they do this, in hopes that they'll "learn" this and do it someday on their own. However, I don't think this is going to happen, since it's been nearly three months with no results. :doubt:

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Nanny Woes . . .