Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Sims 2 Patch On The Way . . .
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Sims 2 Patch On The Way . . .
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:13 pm
From the Official Sims 2 BBS:
----------------------------------

Author: MaxoidLucky - Rank: Overmodest Orator
Date: Oct-01-04 05:37 PM PDT (updated Oct-08-04 03:12 PM PDT)
Subject: A patch is in the works.... now with Feedback Form link...

Well, you asked for it and you've got it - we are working on a patch for The Sims 2.

We've been reviewing the boards and looking at the calls that have been coming in to Tech Support for the last couple weeks - checking out the scene and seeing what issues are most important to you. We've investigated and offered resolutions where we could and now we're compiling the list of what we hope to address in a patch. BTW, this is the SOP (Standard - or Sim - Operating Procedure) for Maxis when we release a game - we always take a couple weeks after the game comes out and watch the response.

So, while the majority of users are able to run the game with no problems we know that there have been a couple issues you guys have run into while playing the game and we're going to do our best to gather additional information from you so that we can resolve as many of the issues as possible.

If you have tried everything (searching Tech Support Help, updating your drivers, etc.) and you are still running into the same problem, please submit your issue through our Feedback Submission Form:

http://thesims2.ea.com/community/qa_form.php

As I have more information, including timing of delivery, I'll post it to this thread.

Thanks for your patience and continued support!

-MaxoidLucky

PS - Have you updated your video drivers? This has been a great solution for many of the issues users have reported to us.

--------------------------

Author: MaxoidKane - Rank: Overmodest Orator
Date: Oct-28-04 11:33 AM PDT (updated Oct-28-04 03:56 PM PDT)
Subject: Patch Update

I'm posting to give you an update on the patch. We have a team working hard to get it out to you soon. We want to make sure we understand the issues from all sides, and we don't want to rush out a patch that will only substitute, misdiagnose, or overlook problems the community is having with the game. We are so sorry for all the inconvenience that some of you are having. We know it's frustrating for some, and we know it's only because of the dedication to our games the community has that makes them successful. We'll keep you updated as news becomes available.
As MaxoidLucky said in the post above, if you can't find a solution to your problem through tech support or by searching the BBS and want to add to our research you can submit your issue through our Feedback Submission Form:

http://thesims2.ea.com/community/qa_form.php

Thanks for your patience.

-MaxoidKane

Last edited by Sheba on Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:19 am
jeez finally an update...they have left us blowing in the wind on this for a while...

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
ilikefishfood
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:10 am
Yeah, but a month passed between the first and second post (Oct 1 & Oct 28th)......if after a month, they're still working on it, it might be a while before we get something <sigh>.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:24 pm
I don't really care how long it takes to get the actual patch out, but I agree with a lot of people on the BBS that they should be more diligent about keeping us posted. It's very frustrating to hear " a patch is on the way!" and then hear nothing for a month. It was about time we got an update.

Wytch's Brew
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:57 pm
I'm with you there Liss . . . the least they could do is give us a "weekly" update as to how the patch is coming along.

Very frustrating, especially when the bugs interfere with game play the way they do. :madcomp:

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:42 pm
yep. I have pretty much quit playing at all until the patch comes out. Not holding my breath.

Wytch's Brew
Temporary Patch
ilikefishfood
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:09 am
Well the awesome folks at http://modthesims2.com/ have come up with a temporary patch for the jump bug. It's in beta testing, but so far so good. You can find info on it, and the tester feedback at http://modthesims2.com/forum_viewtopic.php?22.9814

It's a start!

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:59 pm
Yep, I stickied a post regarding this . . . haven't tried it though, but plan to the next time I play. =D

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
ilikefishfood
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:08 pm
I tried it, and it works like a charm. I actually got teary-eyed at finally being able to play my favourite Sims again. A few of them had just grown up into adults, and four of them had moved into an awesome party house that was becomming unplayable. I am estatic!

Those guys also have a hacked alienware computer that restores (maxes) energy, but leaves the other moods alone (so they still have to eat, bathe, socialize etc.)....and the Sim doesn't even have to go to the room with the pc and sit at it! It saves so much time!

Last edited by ilikefishfood on Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:10 pm
By the way Carot, I only noticed your post after I'd added this thread. You're the best.

Are you still making stuff for Sims 1? I haven't checked your site in ages. I can't believe I've abandoned my original Sims! I was convinced I wouldn't. Well...I haven't uninstalled it or anything drastic like that. But I haven't touched it in weeks!

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:23 pm
Well, in all honesty I still have to reinstall Sims 1. I did a complete cleaning of my machine before the release of Sims 2 (reformatted the hard drive, reinstalled windows) and haven't gotten around to the reinstall of Sims 1 yet. = \

I planned on reinstalling Sims 1 at some point, just not sure when. I do miss making stuff for Sims 1 and hacking things. =) I guess I'm waiting on this to see how things go with Sims 2 in regard to making things for Sims 2 and what the popular demand is.

Lately, I've been just making things for Sims 2. I think the last thing I made for Sims 1 was a bedroom set - the Floral Nights set.

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
ilikefishfood
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:43 pm
oooooo......didn't realize u were doing TS2 stuff now! I'm checking out your site right now! Sweeeeeet!

Do miss your pretty-colored phones <sigh> I'm big on that color-coordination thing.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:54 pm
The only thing i'm concerned about with a "temporary fix" from a 3rd party is the effect it will have on the game once the official patch comes out. What do you guys think?

Wytch's Brew
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:18 pm
Hmmm . . . well, I figured it this way:

Do the temp patch thing "now" until the "official" patch arrives. Once the official patch arrives, remove the "temp" patch and install the "official" one.

Just be sure you don't forget to remove the "temp" patch!

The "remembering" to do this will be the difficult part of using the "temp" patch . . at least for me! = O lol

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:20 pm
Fish Food (do you mind if I call you that? =) hehe )

Yep, I've been doing Sims 2 stuff since May. Put my first S2 offering on site on 15 May. =D

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Sims 2 Patch On The Way . . .