Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Formula For Twins . . . Please Test =)
Formula For Twins . . . Please Test =)
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:18 am
Hi All . . . =)

I think I've FINALLY pinpointed the proper "formula" to get twins! =D

If interested, please try this and let me know if it works for you.

Have your Sim :

* Try For Baby

* Become Pregnant (crucial step)

* Have her eat a variety of foods . . . different kinds all the time. So, if she has pancakes for breakfast one day, have her eat omelets the next (it doesn't matter if she wants pancakes a second day in a row - don't give them to her! lol). Same goes for all other meals of the day: lunch and dinner. If she needs just a "snack" have her drink Juice (not cookies or chips).

* Give her a lot of rest . . . I mean A LOT! Don't allow her to be on her feet too often for too long, keep her needs as green as you can.

* Keep her comfort level up as green as possible.

* When she needs to sleep - have her sleep in a bed versus the couch or a chair - the most expensive best works best for this.

* Don't let her pass out on the floor (if you can help it) or not make it to the toilet in time.

* Don't let her talk on the phone too much as this will cause her to stand to long if the conversation drags on. Use chat on the computer if she needs social - this is better because she's sitting while chatting. Also, make sure to have comfy computer chair for this purpose.

If you follow the above - it should bring Twins - at least it has for me - err . . . my Sims for my Sims, not me personally! hehe

Please let me know how this works for you. =D

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:25 pm
too much work :p I'm using the twins patch at modthesims2 LOL....when you find the thread make sure you don't get hte one by lizzie--it doesn't work. Further down the thread is the one that was edited by Merolas (i think i'm remembering that correctly). It will not work on your *existing* pregnancies, but all your *new* pregnancies will be twins. If you want to stop having twins, just take the patch out.

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:14 pm
Awwww, now Liss . . . that's NO fun! LOL

I won't be doing the "twins" patch (I like surprise) but thanks for the "tip" all the same! =D

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Me too!
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:21 pm
It's nice to know something like that exists but like Carrot, I like the surprise too much to try that patch.

-SCG
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:09 pm
I have an "alpha sim" (one of the first 2 in the neighborhood) that has the aspiration of "have 20 grandchildren" before he dies. He has 6 children and one of them is a romance sim so the twins patch has really helped LOL...but just so ya know as soon as all these twins are delivered i'm taking the patch out lol....that many twins is driving me nuts...

Wytch's Brew
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 1:22 pm
OH MY!

I haven't seen any of my sims want 20 grandchildren! = O

I can imagine twins would get to the player after awhile, I know there have been moments when I just wanted to let the game run and let "whatever" would happen happen. It takes a bit of patience on the player end and on the sim parental end to deal with twins. Lol

I'm still wondering about triplets though . . . did anyone ever get a definitive word on whether triplets are possible? =)

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:10 pm
20 grandchildren is one of those "impossible wants" that is worth 30,000 aspiration points. Even with that family having 6 children it has been a chore LOL...

By the way, from spending some time at modthesims2 I have a theory about twins. NOTHING YOU CAN DO AFTER CONCEPTION WILL MAKE YOU HAVE TWINS. It is a completely random occurance. From readingthe posts on this particular patch I think it has been determined that the number of children birthed is determined *at conception*. Hence the pregnancies that were conceived *before* the patch was installed were normal single or twins randomly, and children conceived *after* putting the twins patch in were all twins. I have just taken the patch out because I don't want anymore twins lol...but I'm pretty sure all my pregnant sims, the ones pregnant before I play today, will have twins because of the patch.

Wytch's Brew
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:13 pm
oh, and as for triplets, I think (I have done a lot of reading about various things in this game lol) that if you have more than 2 babies, it is a bug. It has something to do with a loop.

For example, in a regular twin birth, you will get the "There are TWO new babies in the family!" message. However, there have been reports of glitched twins, where you get the message "there is a new baby in the family" and they have one baby, then have another after that same message.

Wytch's Brew
One try and it didn't work
deltafamily
Senior SimsHost Fan
Location: Mississippi now....from Massachusetts to California and now...
Post Posted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:08 pm
I just tried it once, Did it just as you said.....she never even got close to the halfway mark for loss of comfort or energy.....or any need, for that matter.
Oh well, I probably couldn't keep up with two babies, anyway.
I just got my Sim pregant with a one day old, so we'll see how that works out......I may try to keep her pregnant.
And I do appreciate seeing the "Nanny" problems here.....
No Nanny's for me, thank you very much.