Reply to topic Post Unleashed nude skins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Re:Post Unleashed nude skins
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:06 am
Can't say I blame you there Hon . . . I'd think twice on that one! lol

By the way, have you tried table salt? Well . . . of course YOU have, but on the slugs? hehe

Salt when applied to slugs will kill them for you (via melting/dissolving them). I discovered this as a child (can't remember who told me, but someone in my family) and it works. If you don't wish to see them "melt" just dump the salt on and go back inside . . . it's kind of pitiful to witness. =(

OR as an alternative you could try putting some salt around your back door, I don't think they'd venture indoors if they had to cross salt. It's worth a shot . . . =)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:52 am
Oh yes.. we did use salt around the door, thanks for reminding me. That got lost in the mists...
Will try that tonight when it gets a little cooler.
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:58 am
You're Welcome Hon . . . I hope it helps! :winky:

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:53 am
We'll find out when it rains, Carrot. But they are eating my plants :frown:
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:11 am
Sita wrote:
We'll find out when it rains, Carrot. But they are eating my plants :frown:

Oh Hon . . . that's terrible! =(

Well, I wonder if the salt would hurt your plants. If you can figure out whether it does or doesn't, just go out and throw the salt right on the little buggers. They usually (at least from what I've seen) start to creep around toward evening once the sun is low enough that it's not shining on them.

Ugh . . . the little buggers are just . . . ICK! lol I know they can't help it, but it doesn't make it any easier to accept their presence!

Here are a few links I came by that might be of interest:

Doctor Greenfingers

The Garden Link

Further Slug Info

Hope This Helps Hon! :hugs:

Keep us posted . . . =)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:49 pm
A high enough concentration of salt will kill plants... maybe salt in the beer for the slugs?

Rose/Miros

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:26 pm
Good idea Rose! Give the slugs a "tall salty" (as my hubby would say and yes, he has been known to put a dash of salt in his beer! Aakk! lol)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:02 pm
Well this might to be too late to post in. I'll find out...

I live with pill bugs. They are the little black bugs that have lots of legs on both sides. If you disturb them, they roll up in a ball.

Well apparently my home is the vacation spot in Texas. :winky:
Each day I find them in the house. They crawl in under the walls and walk around. I don't know why, as they eventually die. They need moisture to beable to breath. Well hell, I use an air conditioner to get the humidity out of the home. So they show the stupidity of their 'race' as they come in a house of this kind :razz4:

For more than you ever wanted to know in your life about our visitors:
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/subjects/invertebrates/isopod/Pillbugprintout.shtml

These intruders walk up walls, get in light fixtures, walk across the ceiling. I see them walking up the stairs, guess they want to watch Nascar with my tall one.. :dodge:

The wierdest part this year, the infants are roaming the halls. Little teeny weeny ones.. Lord what a life to live. Be an outside pest, and your mama brings you into a house full of carpet.

You know the metal thing on the floor that separates rug from tile? Well I have one in the bathroom entrance and one in the kitchen entrance. It must be some devil metal... The bugs won't cross it.. Or at least some of them don't. They walk acorss the wall and go out the door..

Cracks me up sometimes. Makes me nuts other times. I have to look at this in one good way. I sweep my kitchen and bathroom every day. I vacuum the carpet and even inside closets because these little rolly polly's are EVERYWHERE...So I just have to know.. It's a good thing in some way..

As I pick up the broom and sweep up baby pill bugs to flush down the potty. They like water it says, so there :boat: Let them find a new place in the sewer world..

blue patty

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:00 pm
Ohh Patty! :bouncy: We call those woodlice here in England. I have a huge colony of them in my compost bin, controlled by one very large mama wolf-spider who keeps the population more or less under control. You need to get a big spider!

smile

It's horrid when things come into the house. We also have ants, living under the front door step, in hot weather they come out and start to swarm in through my window beside my computer where I spend most of my life. I found thousands there the other day, hiding under my CD racks! Worries me that they'll get into the computer and cause problems.... :mad4:

Don't worry about late - folks here seem pretty laid back about timing. At least they have been with me when I've posted several months after previous posts smile
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:49 pm
Once upon a time, they had a problem with ants sneaking into one of the buildings at the Johnson Space Center in search of goodies in people's desks.

Their solution: Cookie crumbs. They left cookie crumbs on the window sill at the ants' point of entry. The ants found the cookie crumbs and grabbed their fill, no longer venturing beyond that point.

blue patty
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:53 am
Well let's see Greg, what are the pill bugs after in my home? Coolness. You know it hot as hell here (minus the dry heat)- it's humid as ever here. Especially with that system in the Gulf.. :smilehap:

Since they like water, I thought of a good ole little saucer in the bathroom where they mostly come out. A 'swimming pool' for the little buggers...

I suppose they would then alert everyone and I would have more problems.. :grin:

We've put 7dust around the perimeter of our home. Then it rained :mad4:

These are a common part of the outdoors. They don't do this year round. Sometimes I have crickets that seem to get lost in 'paradise' in my home :grin:

When I lived in California and told my friends I was marrying a Texan and moving to Texas. Oh my did they have things to tell me. The most funniest of all. 'You can't even drive at night, the bugs are so bad'... No one ever told me they would come in the house and visit..

My best friend in all the buggy world? My Bug Man that comes every three months and takes care of stuff. The pill bugs are not something that really can be taken out. They just roll around and hide from him I guess...

:surprised4: WoodLice.. OMG I 'm soooo glad we call em rolly polly's...

The ladies were right, there are lots of bugs in Texas, like there is in every other state and country of the world.. :razz4:

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:36 am
Yup. Down around Houston, I discovered something they called "tree roaches." Those were huge, Texas-sized cucarachas. And of course the ubiquitous mosquitos.

Up here around Dallas we get spiders and silverfish.

In Virginia there were wasps and skeeters.

In Seattle, it was slugs and spiders but, amazingly, no biting insects. We never got slugs in the house, but our house was raised half a story above the ground.

In Illinois, we got cockroaches and wasps and mice. Every time they harvested the corn, we got mice looking for a winter home.

In Nevada, it was the strangest critters you ever did see!

In New York all the bugs are heavily unionized and you have to consult with the union steward about when and where they will invade your pantry according to their individual job descriptions, then drive over to the county courthouse to get a permit to have bugs, and pay the fine for having bugs without a permit, and pay state social security tax for each bug, and when you finally get around to calling an exterminator two guys named Guido and Luigi show up nineteen days later in a big black limousine carrying their bug sprayers in violin cases.

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:24 am
:happydance: wow I am so glad I don't live in NY....
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:43 pm
I live in NY and we just won't hear of bugs in our houses! :twothumbs:
My cousins...Guido and Luigi do a darn good job of keeping us bug free! :lol3:

nanci2121
blue patty
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:24 am
Oh Greg that is so funny.... And I still am in awe of being able to spend all these posts on something completely off the table.. This thread is about skins... :smilehap:

Love places where the world is not wound so tight you get hit by the :cop: for not staying where they want you..

Or at least, I was :grin:

It rained alot here, so the little bugs are not interested in my air conditioned home..for now :winky: