Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Post Unleashed nude skins
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Post Unleashed nude skins
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:12 am
As everyone knows, Unleashed broke custom nudes, and you have to go back to the pre-HD scheme of naming them to match your Sim's normal clothes.

Some people (on an egroup) have claimed this was fixed in a later expansion. I tried changing a Sim's nude skin with IFFPencil2, and when she got naked, it was the same old Barbie type skin.

Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Rose/Miros
YuppieSim
Super SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:36 am
To use custom nudes in Unleashed, you need to have a nude that is named the same as the regular skin the Sim is wearing, for example, for a skin named b069fafitmed_Bella01.bmp, the nude would be named NFFitmed_Bella01.bmp, with a corresponding .cmx file named NFFit_Bella01.cmx.

You will also need to change the internal name in the .cmx to correspond with the new file name. (open the .cmx in notepad and change the name inside the .cmx)

miros1
Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:41 pm
And the SECOND I got all my Sims set up with this system, one of them would just have to change their clothes... Michael, you're the Chief of Staff, you CANNOT wear that smelly sweatshirt around the house!

I'd love to know what stupid reason Maxis came up with to break this... I'm half afraid it's just bad revision control!

Rose/Miros
Gylt
Senior SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:16 pm
ok this is old but I'll try it anyway. I have all the expansions so it might be different, but all I do is give the nudes the same name as the defualt file. Of course the default file is in .far hiding somewhere, but lots of custom nudes have most the same name.

nm-for males, fit/fat/skn, drk/lgt/med, _01 example nmfitlgt_01 would be 'nude male fit light'.

nf-for females, fit/fat/skn, drk/lgt/med, _01 example nffatmed_01 would be 'nude female fat medium'

that's the general default of course, not going to one particular sim but all of them.

LoL, heard this ruckus and turned around to find my big fat pregnant kitty has opened the top of the little office trash and was sitting in it with the garbage. Hope she isn't planning on turning that into her nursery.
miros1
Post Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:05 pm
That's fine if you want all your light skinned sims to have the same nude skin. I LOVED Hot Date where ONE Sim could have a custom nude different from the other Sims with the same skin color and keep that nude skin no matter what normal outfit they changed to.

Rose/Miros
Re:Post Unleashed nude skins
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:07 pm
Would this work with MM? I miss my custom nudes.
miros1
Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:17 pm
MM, like all post-vacation packs, will not allow "one-Sim-one-skin" setups. Stupid, but true...

However, you CAN have custom nudes where all the light skinned skinny women (for example) have the same skin. That's what Gylt's talking about...

A good place to get S1 nudes for women is The Pearl, and there's a good light skin fat male on MoonSims (not anatomically correct, but has reasonable looking body hair). Allegedly, this is Greg's nude skin, but only Nancy knows for sure...

Rose/Miros

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 8:20 pm
Oh goody! When I finish current round of reinstalls I will be off to the Pearl, I like those skins smile but those poor male sims.... I think maybe the Ken look is safer.
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:32 am
Golly! It's been a long time since I've looked at Sims 1 nude skins on The Pearl!

Did that trick of naming the nude skin after the character's normal clothes start with Unleashed? As I recall, I've used it since I first started making custom clothes for my sims. I'd always start with a custom nude skin and then make the character's ensemble on that, so that the character remained consistent through costume changes.

I find it amusing that just one detailed skin tone for The Sims 2 requires about the same amount of work as that entire collection. I still haven't come up with a Sims 2 skin tone that really knocks my socks off.

I agree with you about the guys. In The Sims 1, most of the fan creations look like priapatic baseball bat smugglers. I haven't seen any Sims 2 guys that I'd want to have in my game.

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:56 am
:jump:

very good description Greg smile

Would like a decent (non-baseball-bat carrying) Sims 1 male nude skin but if necessary they will have to remain Kens. After all, Sims 1 Sims are not really mammalian - they reproduce by laying baby-shaped larvae, as I understand it - in nests called Cribs? Which hatch in three days?

I looked at soms Sims 2 male nudes and those are coming on but haven't found anything I like - and I think the painted-on ones are really obscene. So my SIms 2 guys are still Kens.
miros1
Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:32 pm
Greg wrote:
Golly! It's been a long time since I've looked at Sims 1 nude skins on The Pearl!

Did that trick of naming the nude skin after the character's normal clothes start with Unleashed? As I recall, I've used it since I first started making custom clothes for my sims. I'd always start with a custom nude skin and then make the character's ensemble on that, so that the character remained consistent through costume changes.

I find it amusing that just one detailed skin tone for The Sims 2 requires about the same amount of work as that entire collection. I still haven't come up with a Sims 2 skin tone that really knocks my socks off.

I agree with you about the guys. In The Sims 1, most of the fan creations look like priapatic baseball bat smugglers. I haven't seen any Sims 2 guys that I'd want to have in my game.

The naming-the-nude-after-the-normal-clothes is effective for TS through HP, then Unleashed and after. HD and Vacation (maybe I have my order screwed up) would let you give any Sim his or her own personal nude skin, but Maxis screwed that up in Unleashed.

Yeah, I don't like the S1 "anatomically correct" guys either... I always wince when they leave the shower stall. That's why I'm using Bruce's nude skin for light skinned fat guys!

Sita, you can try KillerSims for a "limp" anatomically correct guy skin.

Rose/Miros

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:45 am
OK I find Killersims site very difficult. I found some nice Sims 2 skins but I'm actualy looking ATM for sims 1 smile
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:47 am
OK poked around some more and got them. Thanks! My Simmies are much relieved not to be Kens any more smile
miros1
Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:49 am
Great! The one thing I don't quite get is why do the nudes have sneakers on. Is this supposed to be erotic and I just don't get it?

Rose/Miros

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:30 pm
Cold floors.

Post Unleashed nude skins