Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Simple Package Editor -- What it does and where to get it
Simple Package Editor -- What it does and where to get it
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:06 pm
SimPE, the Simple Package Editor by Quaxi, is a freeware utility for editing package files for The Sims 2. You can get it here: sims.ambertation.de.

Edit: As of 11 February 2005, the latest version of SimPE is Version 0.17 German/English (alpha, 0.17.1868.36469). If you don't have it, you want it. Version 16 had a bug that Quaxi addressed in this thread.

SimPE is a vital utility for Sims 2 fan artists. SimPE makes it possible for you to extract items from the .package files and modify them.

Sims 2 players will enjoy SimPE's ability to browse through the neighborhoods and edit sims with the convenient Sim Browser plug-in.

If you have questions about SimPE and how to use it, please post them in this forum. Dr. Quaxi will be with you shortly.

It helps a lot if you can use a meaningful subject that relates directly to the question you are asking.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Greg on Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total

cep
lapapeon
Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:07 pm
can't get downloads to show up have 2 hard drives downloading to
d/eagames/sims2/downloads extract zips but not in game
walls & floors come thru but not recolored objects walls & floors sometimes disapear when game is re-opened too can you help me please
Quaxi
Most Excellent SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:23 pm
Have you installed the CEP?
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:34 pm
Talk about Great Minds! I just now posted a note about CEP rev 1.3 in this thread:
http://hullabaloo.simshost.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2674

There's a link in the first message of that thread where you can download the CEP version 1.3 if you need it. That one comes from the SimsHost server so you need a SimsHost login, but it's a free download and you don't need to have any money in your account. You can also get it from Quaxi's site.

How do I Open A Package File???
Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:37 am
(Was going to ask this at MTS2, but connection is waaaaaay slow right now, so.....)

I just downloaded (and installed) Sim PE, but for the life of me I can't seem to get it to "find" the (package) file that I want to open!! (I can navigate to my Downloads folder just fine, but PE seems to think that it's empty when it's not! )

I alreay have the instructions (from the package-file-in-question's-info) as to what I will need to do (via PE) to change what I want to change, but step 1 is to open the file with PE, and I just can't figure out how to do that!!

Thanks!

-ZW

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:12 pm
You should be able to double click any package file and have it open in SimPE.

You might not have anything in your Downloads folder if you're like me and obsessively subfolderize everything!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:03 pm
Was your game running at the same time? I don't think SimPE will even start if the game is running, but you never know.

The only other way such a phenomenon, that I can think of, is if there's an error in reading the directory. That could be caused by running out of memory. Just rebooting your machine might do it.

Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:06 pm
Okay- managed to solve my "problem"....if being a moron & not knowing how to make Sim PE the opener-of-choice for Package files could be considered a problem!

Sheesh!

-ZW

Post Posted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:58 pm
SimPE usually does that as part of its install. This actually annoys me, because I lose my other context menu items for package files, most importantly the ones for the SimText utility that I wrote and will be releasing Real Soon Now.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Simple Package Editor -- What it does and where to get it