Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic SimCity RUsh Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Lady Dors
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:02 pm
I have a complain regarding Rush Hour: seaports are extremely dificult to place!! :mad4: Just the other day I was playing with this city which had plenty (and I mean plenty) of coast, and I couldn't find a darn place where the seaport would seat!! Sooo frustrating!! :weeping:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:43 pm
You have to get the sea deep enough and the land not too steep... trial and error is the only way I found. ANd go slowly around the coast! Sometimes you miss the "blue-ing" if you go faster.
Have you manged to place the highways? I have awful problems with those.
Lady Dors
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:44 pm
Quote:
You have to get the sea deep enough and the land not too steep... trial and error is the only way I found.

Yes, but it is extremely hard..
Quote:
Have you manged to place the highways? I have awful problems with those

My cities are not big enough :laughing:

Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:44 pm
Liss wrote:
I bought simcity 4 (deluxe, which also included Rush Hour) last night because I used to love Sim City back when I played it on super nintendo. Boy was I befuddled when I started playing. It is a LOT more complicated than it used to be. I am having a hard time playing it and getting anywhere with it. The rush hour tutorial I can't even finish because it gets to a point where you are supposed to build a bridge, but first you have to make a road in a place that the game doesn't allow. So I always get stuck there.
I plan on spending more time with the game though, as I love the concept. I also love that you can import your characters from The Sims into it.

Main reason I got it was because I wanted it before Sims 2 came out for the import feature.

Ain't that the truth. I liked Simcity 3000 because it wasn't *quite* so easy that you could get to a point where you could leave it and still rake in dough with a 0% tax rate, like you could with simcity 2000. Simcity 4, otoh, seems *impossible* to get anywhere near that point. I have YET to balance the budget. Small town, huge city, doesn't seem to matter. I think the idea is you make up the deficit doing missions, which I'm utterly terrible at.
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:47 pm
Get the Rush Hour EP - lets you start with a little more money and you can build better stuff! I hated the earlier ones, but love this.
LooseChanj
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:53 pm
Sita wrote:
Get the Rush Hour EP - lets you start with a little more money and you can build better stuff! I hated the earlier ones, but love this.

I bought the deluxe, so it came with it. It's still damned near impossible.
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:58 pm
oh... I found some tutorials online. Start city small and slow, don't take out any loans. It's quite doable...
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:46 pm
I just discovered something everyone else probably knows all about. There are heaps of landmarks on the EA site for Rush Hour and SimCity4!
http://simcity.ea.com/coolstuff/landmarks/index.php
My other game is getting very big too now!
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:04 pm
Well it's been a long time since my last post on SC4, but let me tell you, once you get used to it, it's a BLAST. I've built several multimillion dollar cities and had a lot of fun. I did get bored with it after I started making too much money and had no land left to build new stuff, though.

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:56 pm
Hm I just made a lovely city, in a Maxis region I downloaded; this was a town providing water for the big city. Of course it got too big and I had to take out loans, always fatal, and went broke. Will try again tomorrow smile
PrincessAnneliese
Super SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:20 pm
That is one hard game
SimCity RUsh Hour