Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic SimCity RUsh Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
SimCity RUsh Hour
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:33 am
I like this game.
Sim City 4 is pretty much what I think it should be - except for the bugs which Rush Hour fixes. If you have SC4, I definitely recommend Rush Hour.

But I seem to find bugs in this as well. Not without reason do my family call me Bugfinder-in-Chief!
Latest thing is that I spent two days and nights building a lovely city, 125 years old, and highly prosperous. Then I went and played a neighbouring city, did NOT reconcile the edges. When I go back into my big city, it demanded that I reconcile edges - of course that killed my city and I had to wipe it. shocked

Also I have not mastered the different types of road network - find them very confusing. If anyone can explain in words of one syllable, that would be wonderful.
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:38 pm
I love SC4 and RushHour! =D

In regard to reconciling city edges, you don't HAVE to do that, at least I don't remember ever being "forced" to do so. Hmmm . . . I'm wondering though, if you don't reconcile edges, can cars, etc. still go from your city to the neighboring city?

Next time it asks you (prompts you) to reconcile edges, just don't do it. Hit the cancel button (or whatever the option is to NOT reconcile - forget the name off the top of my head). If I have a city that I don't want messed up that's what I usually do. =)

Not to change the subject, but don't you just love driving cars around your city? What a hoot! Lol =)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Chaos
Queen of Catastrophe
Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:43 pm
Well... you can use your Sims City 4 for the Sims 2.. to build custom neighborhoods

I have it too and plan to make a whole lot of neighborhoods and stick them up for download smile

Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:25 am
Oo! Well that makes me feel a little more like gettting Sims 2. (So far it does not sound very interesting - no custom objects!) But I can't make really custom-designed neighbourhoods now in SC4? Depends what you mean I guess.

BUt it's a great game as a stand-alone. I think cars and stuff still run across, Carrot, it is just a cosmetic thing. I will try not doing it and see if that resolves the problem. Just annoyed about my beautiful Helvellyn! (125-yr old city I lost - I only ever got one city to that age before.)
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:20 am
Kat, that would be great if you made some downloads for Sims City 4.
It would add another game we would host downloads for. wink

nanci2121
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:48 am
I've already made some cutsom neighborhoods, however I haven't put them up because I want to be sure of the dimensions before doing so (want to test them "in game" and such).

I was dabling with this before getting into the Hullabaloo! = O

Obviously, I've been busy so I haven't made any more than the 7 or so I've done so far, but I do plan on getting back to that soon. =D

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:17 pm
Are such things possible? Can we make downloads for SC4? How? shocked Didn't know this!
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:30 pm
That would be GREAT, Carrot!!!!

I can't wait to see! wink

nanci2121
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:22 pm
I bought simcity 4 (deluxe, which also included Rush Hour) last night because I used to love Sim City back when I played it on super nintendo. Boy was I befuddled when I started playing. It is a LOT more complicated than it used to be. I am having a hard time playing it and getting anywhere with it. The rush hour tutorial I can't even finish because it gets to a point where you are supposed to build a bridge, but first you have to make a road in a place that the game doesn't allow. So I always get stuck there.
I plan on spending more time with the game though, as I love the concept. I also love that you can import your characters from The Sims into it.

Main reason I got it was because I wanted it before Sims 2 came out for the import feature.

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:51 am
That's neat, Liss!
Does that mean you'll be creating stuff for those games too?
*crosses fingers* Grin wink

nanci2121
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:58 pm
actually no. lol...I don't want to get into another thing, I have a hard enough time doing sims stuff LOL...however I have gotten the sims bug again and built a house last night, and after going through my site have decided it needs a little reorganizing, which i plan to work on today. Once i do that, I have a few objects I've made and haven't added to Wytch's Brew yet, including a few hacked items smile

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:20 pm
I loved doing the custom terrains for S2. I hope, hope, hope they'll be what I want them to be once I load them into S2.

If they are, then I'll offer them for download. =)

Just looking back through my files, I realized the I only packed up four of the seven that I had made before "cleaning" my system (re-formatting/reinstalling windows) three weeks ago. Oh well . . . at least I had the ones I liked best packed up prior for "safe keeping". =D

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:36 pm
Yeah, I know what you mean Liss, keeping up with the sims is a lot of work.
I can't wait to see your new hacked items! wink

Carrot, that sounds great!
I hope they look like you expect them to.
Those will be neat downloads for S2.
I'm sorry you lost 3 of your custom terrains. sad

nanci2121
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:08 pm
No prob Hon . . . I'll be able to do them (the lost ones) over again once I'm sure of the "correct" dimensions. =)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:33 pm
That's good! :hugs:

nanci2121
SimCity RUsh Hour