Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic There
There
greatdane
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:22 am
I play There a lot. Its an online simulation game much similar to Sims Online except its 3D.

In There you can basically skill on/in everything. One of the advantages is that the skill wont decade as it does in TSO. Also the avatar doesnt have to eat or go to the bathroom.

You can create custom clothes and objects for There as well. Ive created a few tings check them out here http://www.postmasters.dk/there.htm

GreatDane
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:41 pm
You know . . . I've heard a lot about There, always meant to give it a go, but never got around to it. sad It sure looks like a lot of fun though! wink

Speaking of TSO, it is a shame EA/Maxis couldn't get it going any better than they did, I had a royal BLAST during the beta! But after release, it all just went downhill. Having to watch your Sim work on skills just wasn't amusing after the first few days! lol

~*~ Carrot ~*~
greatdane
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:16 pm
Trust me There will eventually grow boring too LOL. Im at that point right now. Im hardly playing anymore. Im at the hard to get skills in almost every category there is LOL. You can skill Casual, Avid, Expert, Renowned and Legendary in all the categories. Theres event host, club leader, teacher, newbie helper, author, fashionista, socializer, dog handler, merchant, boat captain, card player, board rider, buggy driver, sharpshooter, bike rider and pack flyer.

Id say socializer is the easiest part LOL. Just talk to ppl and youll get skilled up. Now thats simple. The others takes thier time. Every now and then they can seemed stuck but they really arent it just takes forever.

Lise
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:27 pm
LOL . . . I can imagine Hon.

You know, (to me at least) there are only so many things one can do with a game like There or TSO. There are only so many things to talk about and do, so when you've done all that over and over and over again, it's kind of pointless, yea? = O LOL

~*~ Carrot ~*~
greatdane
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:43 pm
Uhuh. LOL! Theres only so much to do. I suppose I could get back into designing for There but i dont know what to make LOL.

Lise
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:21 pm
Yea, that is the difficult part, trying to figure out "what" to make. Same thing with the Sims . . . there are only "so many" things we can do, whether we come up with a new idea or not.

However, I will say I am amazed at what the entire Sims Community has been able to come up with on its own (ie: no Edith).

=)

~*~ Carrot ~*~
greatdane
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:37 pm
Me too Carrot. I admire that a lot. Some There members have made thier old designer models available for others to download and use. They basically just require that you put original model by "".

I dont have the talent to make my own models for There so Im left with what ever models There has provided us with.

I heard a rumour once that EA had bought There Inc. I dont know if thats true tho. But with the recent lack of updates Id say the rumour seems true. Theres also rumours that its going to close its doors down.

Lise
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:34 pm
Hmmm . . . I haven't heard that, but I wouldn't be surprised. EA probably snatched up There quickly because it makes TSO look bad.

:::: wonders :::: did I just say that? = O :::::::

LOL

Yes, I'm ever bitter in regard to TSO, I lost some good friends that I'd made during the beta because everyone got fed up with TSO and left. Then of course, no one kept in touch (kind of like what happens a majority of the time after one leaves High School) lol :dunno2:

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Last edited by Sheba on Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
greatdane
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:02 pm
It the same with There a lot of my friends have left the game for either TSO or Second Life. Theres around 3-4 left on my buddy list thats still online every now and then. Its a real shame but thats how it goes with games like this.

Lise

Admin
Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:29 pm
If that's the case, I'll never go "There" . . . LOL

:rotflmao:

I'm sorry Hon, lack o' sleep has left me in silly ass mode! = 0

~*~ Carrot ~*~
PrincessAnneliese
Super SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:41 am
my computer dosen't let me play this game.
There