Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (Cow Plant)

Do YOU like the Cow Plant?
yes
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
no
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
undecided (yes and no)
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (Cow Plant)
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:52 pm
Do you like the "cow plant" or not? please vote in the above poll then post to explain why you do or don't. =)

How many sims has your "cow plant" eaten?

If you don't yet have a cow plant yet, do you plan on working to earn one via the natural sciences career track?

Can you tell I'm fishing for your "take" on the "cow plant" ? =) hehe

MTIA,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:39 pm
I have to be honest, I find myself "torn" on the Laganaphyllis Simnovorii subject.

I did have a sim who earned one in the Natural Sciences career track . . . and I can assure anyone whose yet to experience this "scientific abomination" that it can and more than likely WILL turn your neighborhood upside down if left to its own devices! = O lol

Please allow me to explain . . .

Alon was an NPC character that I had attend University, if memory serves he was a store clerk. Alon was more of a "loner" while at University, diligently studying, doing assignments and writing term papers for his Biology classes. After four years, Alon graduated at the top of his class with honors and moved back to Pleasantview to begin his adult life.

Not long after moving back home, Alon realized he needed a bit of help with his housekeeping and hired a maid. The next day Lucy arrived for work and for Alon, it was "love at first sight" . . . an idea he never really bought into until he laid eyes on Lucy. To make a long story short (and to get to the obvious) Alon and Lucy eventually married. Shortly after marrying, Lucy became pregnant (which fulfilled a big Want for her as she was a Family Aspiration sim) and Alon shot to the top of Natural Sciences career track and sported a simple "fig leaf" to work each morning (with no complaints from Lucy, she kind of liked it herself . . . but that's another story).

At around level 6 or 7 in the NS career track, Alon earned a Laganaphyllis Simnovorii career reward. At first he kept his new "friend" in the garden on the side of the house, and fed this "friend" every twelve hours religiously (even getting out of bed in the middle of the night for fear if his friend became hungry it would eat the hired help the next day (the maid or gardener).

Well . . . eventually Lucy gave birth to their first child (a daughter) Matilda, then very soon after became pregnant again. It didn't take long before Lucy had to hire a Nanny to help with Matilda because she couldn't keep up as she entered into her third trimester).

And this is REALLY where the "fun" begins . . . it all started with a missed feeding . . . of the "abomination in the garden". One evening Karen (the nanny) started her shift, Lucy went to bed and Alon was busy studying for his job. Not long into the night, Lucy goes into labor and delivers twin boys (Logan and Loudon). Of course, Alon and Lucy were elated by their new babies and never saw the "hunger signal" from the Laganaphyllis Simnovorii nor did they notice Karen slipping out the back door.

Karen was the first of many (14 in all) . . . some accidental and some not so accidental (yes, I admit to inviting a few "undesirables" over for a visit), however the end of the story was sudden and unexpected . . .

A day or so after Matilda grew into a teenager, her father Alon was to feed his "friend" before going to bed. It had been a few days since Alon had tended to the plant due to a sudden onset of depression that he just couldn't seem to shake. The twins had been wearing Alon and Lucy out with their demands and after two Nanny deaths to the plant, it was figured "best" to not hire any further outside help for the twins. While my attentions were focused on the twins in the upstairs (trying to get Lucy and Matilda to help with the boys in getting them ready for bed) Alon went outside on his own, grabbed at the cake and was history. Oddly, Lucy and Matilda didn't seem troubled by this fact as they themselves were both suffering from hunger and fatigue and the demands of the twins.

The next night I decided it was time to ship Matilda off to college because I feared that she too would die soon. The numerous ghosts that haunted the home each night (at least four a night all simultaneously), the twins, school and homework were wearing her down in a major way. Lucy had to take a job working nights to keep the family going after Alon's death and she too was in a deep state of depression and her Needs were always low. Matilda was in the kitchen picking up a bottle off the floor to dispose of it, when a ghost came from nowhere and scared her to death. The twins were left upstairs playing and Lucy was on her way home from work. I was focused on the twins, trying to keep them from playing in the toilets and getting into other trouble when Lucy arrived home so tired she passed out on the sidewalk after getting out of the carpool car. The ghosts gave her no peace and soon she was awake, then she too was frightened to death. The twins by this time were awake and not very long after the social worker came to collect them.

So . . . what REALLY killed Alon, Lucy and Matilda in the end? Was it the Laganaphyllis Simnovorii's fault? After all the "abomination in the garden" was just acting on instinct . . . Was it Alon's delusions of grandeur?

I like to think that Alon got what he deserved in the end, the dead whose lives he took (i.e. gave to the Laganaphyllis Simnovorii) took revenge and took his own as payment plus interest.

On an "higher note" I'm happy to report that Logan and Louden are now being raised by "Bill the Zombie" and his wife Christy (non-zombie). =D lol

And that's my :02:

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Last edited by Sheba on Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Well...
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:14 am
I don't really get into the more bizzare stuff Maxis does. I have Sims in the Natural Science career path but no plants in my hoods. I'm afraid of accidental deaths like you had, Carrot. Reading your tale, in fact, has reaffirmed my ban on the cow plants in my game. I finally got my nannies all trained and I'd hate to have to start over with new hires.

-SCG
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:56 pm
It's certainly a plant you'd want to babysit . . . and who wants to do that? lol

After the property was empty (after the twins were taken), I did go back into the lot and build a tall stone wall around the plant so the next sim to live in the house wouldn't have to babysit the plant.

I also found out that when you have a sim in a house, if they die or the family dies, the next sim(s) to buy the house will have the career reward objects left behind by the former owners. I never knew this before.

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:45 pm
I like the plant, but I've also had accidental feedings. I used the exit without saving strategy. I found early on that if you build a barrier around the damn thing they can't get to it. even the low fences will work (not the decorative ones, but the ones you use for rails around porches/decks/etc.). DON'T make a gate LOL!! they will go through it. That cake is very attractive to airhead sims.

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:15 pm
Hehe Liss . . . yes for some reason it is very appealing to them. I've even had sims who've stood by, watched someone be eaten and the next time they visited, they themselves went for the cake! = O lol

Sheesh, can't they remember seeing neighbors being consumed? Guess not.

Then again, for as "smart" as this "new generation" of sims is suppose to be, I still find them at times to be nearly as stupid as their predecessors.

Is this "just me"? (just checking) =)

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Last edited by Sheba on Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:52 pm
I don't think it's all that much that they are stupid, it's just that the cow plant seems to have a call like the mythological Siren. Like I said, put a low or high fence around it. (The low one looks better, you can still see the plant). And then when you want to use it, add a gate. Just remember to delete the gate after you have committed the murder. smile

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:24 pm
:surprised4: Redrum? LOL

Now I'd never purposely kill a Sim . . . the annoying ones just invite themselves over, it's the strangest thing. LOL

::: wink wink nudge nudge :::

How long can the cow plant go without being fed? Can it ever just die?

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:16 pm
I'm scared to death of the darn thing!

Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:19 pm
Why are all my Sims neighborhoods so darn boring? (I live vicariously through everyone else's Sims stories*

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
Laganaphyllis Simnovorii (Cow Plant)