Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Getting the Maid You Want
Getting the Maid You Want
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:08 pm
I seem to have found a new trick here.

I intensely dislike those girlyboy male maids so for a while I was killing them off, with hope that the game would stop generating them. However, in the new Happy Valley, I have simply been refusing to hire them.

They can be persistent as guys who wear lavender underwear are wont to be, but if you keep calling eventually they'll stop answering the phone and you'll get a real maid.

My experience is that after a while, they don't even answer the phone any more. Perhaps they just give up on getting a job in your game and move to San Fransisco.
:jester:

Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:27 pm
LOL!

Thanks for the "tip" Greg, it's appreciated! =)

Hmmm . . . I wonder if this works for Nannies as well. There are a few nannies I simply cannot stand, but when you're in a "pinch" and need a sitter there's no time to be choosey.

Does the game generate the nannies like the maids?

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:23 am
Yes, the game generate new nannies if you kill off the old ones or invite them into households and make the player characters.

I have an alternative for nannies: Use SimPE to change their personalities.

In my game I have a teenage boy with a family aspiration. He is very nice, very neat, and somewhat outgoing. When he is visiting another household he will voluntarily feed the babies, change their diapers, cuddle them, and play with them.

(If he's holding a baby and I want him to put it down I ask the baby's mother to give him a hug. He deserves it!)

So... why don't nannies do this? It's because they are lazy, mean, and shy! I looked at their personalities in SimPE and was really kind of shocked at the sort of people EA has taking care of our children! Every one of them is pretty much the antithesis of the kindly grandmotherly folks who ought to be in the nanny business. Not one of them even had a Family aspiration.

I haven't tried out any of my newly modified nannies, but I did run across one good nanny in Strangetown who would take care of the children they way I wanted them to. I went back to check and sure enough -- she's nice, neat, active, outgoing, and has a Family aspiration!

Note: Always back up your neighborhood before messing around with SimPE. SimPE even has a function built into is Neighborhood Browser just for this. Take a minute and click that Backup Neighborhood button! The 30-second wait while it makes a copy of your neighborhood is nothing like the pain you'll feel if you wipe out your favorite sims!

Greg

Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:09 pm
Oh man, I HATE the nannies. *heading into SimPE to make the necessary changes* Thanks Greg!

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:39 am
I tried it, and it really works! A nice, active, outgoing, Family nanny is infinitely better to have around than those curmudgeons that Maxis created!

Getting the Maid You Want