Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Baumdoubt Valley Bugle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:23 am
/me smells a new Neighbourhood coming?
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:19 pm
Sita wrote:
/me smells a new Neighbourhood coming?

Yup, but only as a story within a story. Keep in mind that Sheba is part of the mess that's developing back in Her home in Happy Valley and its environs, as are the rest of the characters in this scene. Sort of. Almost. Well... wait for it!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:53 pm
Baumdoubt Valley
Chapter 16: Melanin-Challenged Wahine

With Meadow sleepily snuggled on Her lap, She continued Her narrative.

"The setting sun bathed the sky in shades of orange and crimson when the sea captain and his cargo crates washed up on a beautiful beach. He didn't know what was in the crates, but decided to rescue them from the surf just in case he might find something useful."

"He didn't know how long he would be on this island, or even whether it would have food and fresh water for him. At the very least, he might use the wood from the crates to build a better raft should he again have to put out to sea."

"It was too dark on the beach to investigate the contents of the crates that night. Once he had dragged them up on the beach above the high-tide line, he climbed up on the largest one to have a look around. The soft sands of the beach ended in a line of coconut palms with some low bushes as undergrowth. That was good news; coconuts were a supply of fresh water and nourishment."

"As the sky darkened, he saw a glow above the tree line. The dim horizon seemed to be interrupted by the roof of a building, but if that were the case, it was a huge building. The captain set out to investigate."

He came upon a walk of ruddy stones leading to a huge building.

"Past the trees, he found a path that lead to road, and the road lead up to walk of hand-laid red stones that lead to the largest building the captain had ever seen. (They didn't build buildings very big back in those days, and this sea captain spent more time on the wharves than he did in the big cities.)"

"I unnerstan'," Meadow muttered against Her neck.

"Are you getting sleepy?" She asked.

"Wanna hear the story," Meadow said. "Gotta have wahines. An' statues of naked ladies. Lots of 'em."

"Oh yes, the red stone walk was lined with exquisitely carved statues of nymphs at play, and two more playful stone nymphs stood aside a huge door, beckoning the sea captain to come to the building."

"To the captain's surprise, three beautiful women came out of that door to greet him. As they gracefully descended the steps, he saw that they were barefoot and naked save for their grass skirts and bras made from coconut shells."

Dallas twisted around to look at Her. "Coconut shells? Ouch!"

"So they sanded the inside of them. But our sea captain hasn't learned that."

"Yet."

"Right! Yet!"

"He will," Meadow muttered with her eyes closed. "Gotta play with the wahines."

The wahines were very friendly.

"Oh indeed!" She said. "The wahines were very friendly. The captain was entranced by their long blonde hair and their blue eyes--"

"Not blon'."

"Huh?"

"Not blonde. Wahines have dark hair."

Dallas pouted. "But I like being in this story! I'm picking up on Sheba's mental images. This is fun!"

"Hmmm, let me think," She said. "We can have something for everybody here."

"Me too?" Her husband asked.

"Hey, you get us in grass skirts and Polynesian wahines! What more do you want?"

"I'll have to think about that one!"

"So, think about it. Silently. And stop updating my mental image. I like those coconuts right where they are!"

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:45 am
bump

:story: Baumdoubt Valley Bugle