Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. The Chapters Family
The Chapters Family
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:30 am
The Chapters Family
(From the Technicolor Sims tutorial topic.)

EIGHT??? :dodge:

Ack! Do you have any idea what would be involved in just creating a family with eight toddlers? You can only have six children from the create-a-sim screen, so the final two would need to be created with the Tombstone of Life and Death. Then you'd need to save the game, start up SimPE, back up the neighborhood, and edit the relationship tables and family relations tables to add the new toddlers into the family.

Then, since children of the Tombstone won't look at all like their parents or siblings, you'd need to use Sim Surgery to establish their genetic relationship to the rest of the family.

Even after all that, all you'd have would be a family tree that looks like this:

The Chapters Family in Bonnyview Shores

That's only the start of it! Once you had a family you would need a place for them to live so you'd have to design and build a big house that can accommodate a family of ten people, keeping in mind that the children would be growing up and you wouldn't get rid of them until they were at least teenagers.

Just designing the house would involve quite a bit of work, but it might end up looking something like this:

Chapters House

If you were silly enough to go that far, the next challenge would be just getting all eight toddlers into the house. Two parents could carry them two at a time, but the toddlers would keep following their parents around so you'd end up with a growing traffic jam at the front door. It would probably eventually look like this:

Getting the Babies into the House

Even then you wouldn't be ready to try to get all those toddlers to socialize with each other! Before they could do that, their parents have to teach every one of them to walk and talk!

Teaching the Chapters Babies to Talk

It's not gonna happen. Nobody in his right mind would take on a challenge of that magnitude just to get a screen shot of eight babies socializing with each other!

If these screen shots really existed, some of the items and clothing appearing in them would be from The Sim Republic, The Sim City Gallery, It's Simply Similicious, and Simsational Sandy. Fortunately, since nobody is crazy enough to do this, no credit is really due because these screen shots couldn't really be here in the first place.

Last edited by Greg on Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:28 pm; edited 4 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:43 am
And then, after you'd done all that and the eight babies have finally learned to walk and talk (but still haven't traded in their diapers for training pants), you would find that it's not possible to get all eight all of them to sit in the same circle and socialize!

The Chapters Babies Social Circle
This is impossible.

So I'm sure that there is no one anywhere in the world who is crazy enough to even contemplate doing this. It'll never happen.

On the other hand, if you've done six impossible things this morning, why not round it off with breakfast at Milliway's - the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?

BBIAB. Time for breakfast.
:razz4:

Last edited by Greg on Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:41 am
Speaking of impossible tasks...

Feeding the Masses

... try feeding eight babies in their high chairs without at least six of them screaming for their food!

Last edited by Greg on Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:34 pm
I suspect you'd need at least 3 or 4 adults, so you'd have to bring 3 or 4 babies in with the ToLaD.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:37 pm
If anyone were crazy enough to do this, it would be easier to create adult helpers, who are not family members, with the Tombstone of Life and Death. That would avoid have to edit all those relationship tables so that every family member recognizes every other family member.

But then you would have a household with even more people in it, and all eight toddlers would still be mobbing mom and dad, demanding attention.

A slightly less insane solution would be to create four families with two toddlers each and use the TOLAD to move in the other three families. That would give you eight controllable toddlers in the same household with enough adults around so that none of them go crazy. It would also give you a household with sixteen residents, which would not be easy to play, but might be fun to design!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:30 pm
I keep losing this little story so I split this topic off from the Technicolor Sims tutorial topic. Grin

miros1
Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:36 pm
Didn't we decide if a) the toddler(s) were in their high chairs and b) an adult served a meal that they'd all get their gruel in a timely manner?

You should also pray for stuck Smart Milk...

Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:03 pm
Greg wrote:
A slightly less insane solution would be to create four families with two toddlers each and use the TOLAD to move in the other three families.

Actually, the less insane solution would be to not create toddlers in the first place! That has got to be the most annoying age of Sim ever created. (You must be somekind of closet masochist, right? )

Greg wrote:
That would give you eight controllable toddlers in the same household with enough adults around so that none of them go crazy. It would also give you a household with sixteen residents, which would not be easy to play, but might be fun to design!

It also wouldn't even be possible without something like the Lot Full of Sims hack from MTS2....and one heck of a pwerfull PC!

My oh my, what your poor Sims must think of you! Grin

-ZW

(Can't help but notice that you're doing a "clean-install" thing. I hope there isn't a disaterous reason for that! )

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:46 am
I always run Clean Installer when installing any fan-created packages. Is that what you mean?

B'b'but... toddlers are my favorite sims! I think the little buggers are cute! Grin

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:47 am
miros1 wrote:
Didn't we decide if a) the toddler(s) were in their high chairs and b) an adult served a meal that they'd all get their gruel in a timely manner?

You should also pray for stuck Smart Milk...

Yes, the kids will get fed, but half of them will be screaming for food by the time you're done! lol

Or... oh... I've never tried to have an adult Serve Food. I just had the adults feed them one at a time! I was unaware that if you Serve Food they would also serve toddlers. Gotta try that!

miros1
Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:16 am
Greg wrote:
I always run Clean Installer when installing any fan-created packages. Is that what you mean?

I think Zirconia means by "clean install" about your original plans to backup everything, delete everything, and install from scratch.

Greg wrote:
B'b'but... toddlers are my favorite sims! I think the little buggers are cute! Grin

I do too! Even tho I'm a heartless slave driver who puts them to work at the learning toys so they've got 3 guarenteed college scholarships before they're old enough for kindergarten. Actually, they usually get 6 or 7 in each, but the other sounds crueller.

Greg wrote:
Or... oh... I've never tried to have an adult Serve Food. I just had the adults feed them one at a time! I was unaware that if you Serve Food they would also serve toddlers. Gotta try that!

If you try this, I wanna see video of the parent walking around putting bowls of gruel on all those high chairs! You'll probably have all of them scream for a short time, but it's gotta be quicker than walking back and forth to the fridge for each bowl of gruel.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:52 am
Yeah, it certainly sounds faster! I've never tried it so maybe someone who has could provide a more timely report.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:43 am
bump

The Chapters Family