Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. SimsHost Is No Longer Accepting New Subscribers
SimsHost Is No Longer Accepting New Subscribers
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:12 am

As of April 1, 2007, SimsHost is no longer accepting new subscribers or additions to existing accounts. You can still create a free membership, but you will not be able to fund the account or activate a new subscription. We also are no longer accepting applications to host new web sites on SimsHost. Everyone with current subscriptions will be able to continue to download for as long as we can keep the system on line. We plan to close SimsHost permanently on its fifth anniversary date, June 1, 2007.

We sincerely thank the thousands of Sims fans who have helped to keep SimsHost on line all these years. With your understanding and support, we have had a great run; however, SimsHost has never reached break-even and the gulf between operating costs and revenues from subscriptions and downloads has grown to the point that SimsHost is losing more money than we can possibly afford.

Addendum: I don't plan to close the Hullabaloo. My plan is to rehost it to a less expensive shared server and even keep its URL exactly the same if I reasonably can. The Hullabaloo will be off line for a short period while I'm moving it, but if all goes well, that won't be too long.

Our apologies for the timing of this announcement. Please be assured that this is not an April Fool's Day joke.