Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Attn: nVidia driver for Vista
Attn: nVidia driver for Vista
Peake1981
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:16 pm
This is a warning about the nVidia's Windows Vista 32-bit driver "v100.41 beta" for 6000, 7000, & 8000 series cards. I tried in on my computer today. Once I got into the Sims, I could not get the mouse to get a response out of the "buttons/click-able stuff." I did get the game to respond to shortcut keys. (i.e. "Q" to quit) I don't know if the beta driver and Sims don't work together or what. But I had before (and intend to go back to) used nVidia's Windows Vista 32-bit driver "v100.65" for 6000, 7000, & 8000 series cards. I worked pretty good in the past when I play the Sims. FYI, nVidia, and others, are still working on making their stuff work ideally with Windows Vista.

I know most of you guys are not Windows Vista users, but I still feel I must report it.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:34 pm
Thanks for the info/warning!

No, I'm not a Vista user (it's not compatible with 99% of the games I play) but this is still good to know. (I have "faith" that we'll all be pretty much forced into upgrading eventually....)

-ZW

Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:11 pm
Maybe it's like expansion packs for The Sims 2--best to wait until Somebody Else has done the beta testing on this one.

Attn: nVidia driver for Vista