Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Growing up babies
Growing up babies
WhiteSaber
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:59 am
The other day, my wife was playing her family, the Montana’s. Her baby girl, Robin, had reached the point of growing up to be a toddler, so the birthday cake was brought out and celebrations ensued with the climax being Robin brought to the cake and the candles being blown out…and then nothing. The baby was put in its crib and the family went about its business.

A short while later Peter Montana, the eldest son, on the cusp of reaching adulthood, went to the child and picked it up. At the top of the screen it was shown that he wanted to “Help with Birthday.” He would hold Robin for awhile and then put her back in the crib, and then go do something else, but would always return to the crib and repeat the process.

Eventually, Peter’s needs were suffering because he was always holding the baby. A couple of Sim days past the time Robin was supposed to have grown, she just popped into Toddler. Peter, since he was always occupied with Robin, was late for his scheduled ascent to adulthood by about 4 hours (10pm sim time).

So my question is thus. Is there a glitch that prevents babies from reaching toddler-hood? And is there anything we can do about it? Needless to say the process was frustrating and took much of the fun out of the game during the time it took place. Thanks for your input and help!
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:39 pm
I had it happen once. I think I just kept canceling the action until someone with full needs and nothing better to do tried it. Might be the baby was too tired to grow up?

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Peake1981
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:34 pm
I see that quite a bit. My only idea its like the ram is busy or something... I just let the older sim do what they're doing.