How do you get birds?
Ghostman
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:40 am
How do you get hamsters?
Can you create them?

Also, is it true you can ave turtles?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:16 am
In Pets, I think you have to buy the cages and then click on Stock - like a fishtank. Haven't tried it yet.

/me runs off to buy Bob a parakeet.
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:42 am
They're womrats, but they look like guinea pigs. You have a choice of 4 when you stock the cage. I had a college student with a womrat fixation...

You want 2Jeffs' caged animal hack so you get warning messages when you have to feed them and buy/build time does not count toward time to next feeding (stupid Maxis programmers). MATY seems down, so I'll get you the link later. Until you get the hack, whenever you go into Buy/Build modes, stuff the womrat into someone's inventory.

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Re: How do you get birds?
Zirconia Wolf
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:08 am
Ghostman wrote:
How do you get hamsters?
Can you create them?

Also, is it true you can ave turtles?

To get a Womrat (hamster) Bird or Fish, you need to buy the Womrat Cage, Bird Cage or Fish Tank. Once it's in place, just pop into Live Mode, have a Sim click on the Cage/Tank & select the Stock/Re-Stock option.

In the case of Fish, your Sim just opens up a little plastic baggie (that has magically materialized in his/her hand) puts it in the tank & POOF, instant Fishies!

With the Womrats & Birds, another screen will pop up letting you chose the color (or for Birds, the "species" ) of the pet you want. I don't know if/how many choices their are in the "defult" Pets game, as I installed a swarm of (way cool) user-made colors/species before I ever started playing Pets. (Mod The Sims2 was were I found them, BTW)

I haven't seen an option for Turttles. So far as I know, it's just Womrats, Birds, Fish, Cats & Dogs with the Pets EP.*

Hope that helps! (Also PLEASE follow Miros1's advise & get the Caged Pet Fix!!!! Trust me! )

-ZW

* If you belong to SimSlice (a pay-to-download site that has AWESOME stuff) you can download things they call COL (Cycle Of Life) Animals. These animals will wander around your lot/pond & you can eat them (meat) let them reproduce (if you buy a male & female) & sell the offspring, etc.....

They have Chickens, Ducks, Swans, Cattle, Horses, Alligators (all of which I installed) & also Cats & Dogs, as the COL Animals are all designed to work with the base Sims 2 game, regardless of what EPs you have/don't have. (Nice option for those who don't want the Pets EP but would still like some critters. )

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:42 am
miros1 wrote:
They're womrats, but they look like guinea pigs. You have a choice of 4 when you stock the cage. I had a college student with a womrat fixation...

You want 2Jeffs' caged animal hack so you get warning messages when you have to feed them and buy/build time does not count toward time to next feeding (stupid Maxis programmers). MATY seems down, so I'll get you the link later. Until you get the hack, whenever you go into Buy/Build modes, stuff the womrat into someone's inventory.

so the womrats need constant feeding without this hack? hmmm. I like the dogs, though, I've mostly stuck to dogs and cats so far. Bob and Cornelia have bird cages but I haven't dared put anything in 'em yet....
miros1
Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:05 pm
Especially with a multi-hundred simolean bird, you want the caged pet fix. Otherwise you can never tell when they really need feeding, and the build/buy bug is just ridiculous IMHO.

JMP's hacks are at http://www.moreawesomethanyou/ffs/pets/hacks I don't remember if this particular fix is JMP's or 2Jeffs, which are only available through the message board.

Last edited by miros1 on Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:15 pm
ok. MATY is offline sad

Thanks Rose. I'll get it asap. Meanwhile the cages will stay empty. Those birds are so cute too.
miros1
Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:41 pm
Zirconia, Ghostman and Sita, I sent you PMs.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:02 pm
I think the real answer is that if you cut someone off on a busy freeway you'll almost for sure get a bird.

miros1
Post Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:46 pm
Greg, I think you've been driving rush hour a few too many days...

How do you get birds?