Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic :dl: Ada, by Lytough
:dl: Ada, by Lytough
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:00 am
Ada, by Lytough

While growing up in the tiny principality of Monaco, Ada Velari learned that if you ain't rich, you ain't nobody. She wasn't rich, so as soon as she reached the age of majority, she decided to leave the gambling halls and the self-important millionaires behind, and go out into the world and seek her fortune. Can she find a good life in your neighborhood?

Ada, by Lytough
Click on the image to download Ada. ~2.9 MB
This is a free download. If the door dragon ever shows up, you will need at least a free SimsHost membership to make that link work.
(The last we saw of the door dragon, he said he was hungry and headed off in search of a very large corned beef sandwich.)
This is a RAR archive, a proprietary format that requires WinRAR to decompress it.
You must download and install XMS_Flora_MeshHair032 from XM Sims seperately.

Ada made quite a stir when Lytough posted a picture of her at Insimadult, where he posts many of his other sims. He wanted her to be an exclusive at the Hullabaloo, and here she is! Since the phpBB system we're running doesn't have any support for attachments,* I'm helping things along by getting the files onto the server and posting her here.

Monaco is beautiful, but it's just not for Ada.

Ada's custom content comes from all over the net:
    Excellent skintone by Jamelia at JustSims. The textures are included in the RAR archive. If you downloaded their Charlize Theron sim, you already have it because as the skintone is included in it.
    The female nude skins are not anatomically detailed but otherwise have a lot of nice detail. The male sims do have anatomical details that will show up only if you have installed a mod that will display them.

XM Sims Hair Recolor, MESH 46 by Ellu. (It's actually XM Sims mesh 032 on page 46 of their site.)
    You need to download the mesh from XM Sims. Ellu's recolor is in the RAR archive, but not the mesh.

Sheer nighty clothing by Diva, on Insimadult. Get the mesh for the nightie from Rose Sims 2.

Costume make-up and eyeliner by Serasims

Eyeshadows by Barcelonista on MTS2.

Glowing Rougue Blush by SussiSoGoodSims

Clear realistic eyes Part II by Mango

The last picture of Ada taken before she left Monaco.

Here's how she looks in the CAS catalog:

She shows up wearing her undies, pictured in the CAS catalog shot above. If you don't install the mesh for her nightie (see link above), she might look a little odd in the CAS screen but she should still be there.

Please, out of respect for Lytough and the custom content creators, DO NOT UPLOAD THIS SIM TO THE EA EXCHANGE or any other sites.

*I'm even now looking into alternatives that will fix that problem. It looks like I'll have to install a whole new BBS to do it, though.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:02 am
One silly question, did you mean to hotlink the nightie mesh, or send people to the page to download it?

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:14 am
She's seriously gorgeous!
Wren
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:16 am
I downloaded her but I can't download her eyes or anything else from Mod the Sims 2.It says the server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.Its been like it for days.Grrr! angry5
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:50 am
miros1 wrote:
One silly question, did you mean to hotlink the nightie mesh, or send people to the page to download it?

One silly answer: That's the way Diva has the mesh linked in her download topic at Insimadult. I wasn't sure so I left it the way it was.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:52 am
Wren wrote:
I downloaded her but I can't download her eyes or anything else from Mod the Sims 2.It says the server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.Its been like it for days.Grrr! angry5

Aw, darn! The only solution I know of for MTS2 is to keep trying. I was able to visit there while I was checking Lytough's links last night so it might just be a Saturday morning download frenzy hitting the server.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:54 am
Sita wrote:
She's seriously gorgeous!

I thought so, too. I'd say that Ada is among Lytough's best work, but then, I'd probably say that about nearly every sim he creates! I really like the way all his sims are uniquely different from the typical stable of game-generated sims without looking like they inherited genes from the Creature From The Black Lagoon.

Lytough
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:12 am
Thank you so much to everyone for everything and I really hope you enjoy your Sim. I'm glad to have one of my Sims as an exclusive here.
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:18 am
Greg wrote:
Wren wrote:

Aw, darn! The only solution I know of for MTS2 is to keep trying. I was able to visit there while I was checking Lytough's links last night so it might just be a Saturday morning download frenzy hitting the server.

Shameless plug: that's why SimsHost is the best place to have a site. What does 2 days down in 4.5 years come to? A heck of a lot less than anywhere else!

BTW, those 2 days down were growing pains in the first 6 months... so we've had 100% uptime in 4 years!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Wren
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:42 am
In my rage I forgot to mention how great Ada looks!She is really pretty!
Lytough
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:58 am
No wonder, Wren. if she appeared in my game without eyes, I would freak out myself too. Beauty parameters would be out of the question. Thank you!
Zenmistress
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:14 pm
Lytough wrote:
Thank you so much to everyone for everything and I really hope you enjoy your Sim. I'm glad to have one of my Sims as an exclusive here.

Thank you for sharing her with us. She is lovely!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:57 pm
Lytough wrote:
No wonder, Wren. if she appeared in my game without eyes, I would freak out myself too. Beauty parameters would be out of the question. Thank you!

Good point! Those nifty eyes are an important character tag for Ada!

:dl: Ada, by Lytough