Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:28 am
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

(And lots of yummy food!)

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Ghostman
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:27 am
Thanks, no thanksgiving here but you reminded me to send a card to my cousin in USA

Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:50 pm
I'm late, as usual! Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving...or a wonderful day, if not celebrating.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:46 pm
We had a nice time down here in the swamp with the traditional burning of the bird and all the stuff that goes with it. We forgot the sweet potatoes; they were still in the oven when everyone was stuff. Oops.

This year's great innovation was chocolate pie (chocolate pudding poured into a pie shell made of smashed Oreo cookies). Some times ya just gotta bust loose, y'know. Of course, the chocolate pie did not prevent pumpkin pie from happening; that would be sacrilege!

On the other hand, it wasn't until Friday morning that I realized that no one even thought of watching parades or football games, or going to church for that matter, so I can't say that we were fulfilled 100% of our responsibility to uphold the great traditions of Thanksgiving.

I went snooping around the net and found that Venezuela and the United States both have 10 national holidays, though the mix is different and Venezuelans have more days in some of their holidays. Independence Day is only one calendar day different, with Venezuela celebrating it on July 5 while the U.S. celebrates it on July 4.

Hmm... would I trade Martin Luther King's birthday for a week of Carnival? Let's see... that's a really tough choice, y'know...

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:52 pm
Lol, I put all the apples in the apple crisp and didn't have any left to put in the sweet potatoes, so we didn't have sweet potatoes either!

We did the mother-in-law's bash on Thursday and I cooked at my mom's today. I will admit to recycling the pumpkin cheesecake and cranberry-horseradish relish tho!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Ghostman
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:11 pm
A week of carnival? I wish.
We only get Monday and Tuesday off.
And nice touch with the flag Greg.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:51 am
I thought the flag graphic would be a good way to point out that We're Not In Kansas Any More, Toto! Grin

Why do they that have to announce the dates for carnival every year?

I thought it was like Mardi Gras, defined as ending on the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday, which is the first day of Lent, always 46 days before Easter, which is on the first Sunday after the 14th day of the lunar month that falls on or after March 21, and hence the whole thing could be calculated and predicted for millenia in advance.

So... I would have expected that next year's carnival would end on Tuesday, February 20, 2007.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:13 am
Greg wrote:
We had a nice time down here in the swamp with the traditional burning of the bird and all the stuff that goes with it. We forgot the sweet potatoes; they were still in the oven when everyone was stuff. Oops.

*8)

We had the usual feast also, just the four of us. Turkey and sweet potatoes and asparagus and macaroni-and-cheese (a tradition left over from when the kids were littler and dubious about all these strange Thanksgiving foods) and cranberry sauces (canned) and etc etc. Our main innovation this year was carrot cake (with cream-cheese frosting) instead of either pumpkin or pecan pie (those will come at different times in the season this year). And French Silk Chocolate Pie, which is very popular with the kids (we adults aren't interested in mere chocolate of course, heh heh). It was very nice. Hope everyone else had a good day / weekend / holiday / whatever too!
Happy Thanksgiving!