Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Does your game take a long time before it will begin to load
Does your game take a long time before it will begin to load
blue patty
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:28 pm
Hi Everyone,
I have discovered something that was always there. Just about right for my timing... embarrassed

Ok today my game started as it has for many months. It begins to spin and stop and spin, over and over.
If I try and look there is not a program loading, according to the task manager.

Well after twenty minutes of spinning it finally popped up and began to scroll. Another 15 minutes later, I could play.
Only to have it crash. shocked

So I started it back up in Debugg, again... and it began to spin and spin and make me bandhead

Then I thought, look again. So I went to the task manager. I went and looked at all the moving numbers.

I saw NO sims.exe.. Nope But I did see a start.exe... scratch

wink The start.exe had numbers going up, then down, then up..

I did what any lunatic would do. I ended that process. Yes I did and I read the warning and did it anyway.
I closed my eyes.... What did I do?

cheers cheers cheers
My game began to scroll the words.. OMG the game was loading. The sims.exe was loading in the task manager..

All this time I have just waited it out. All this time all I had to do is shut off the looped start.exe

So my monster game of over 16,500 objects and every hack there is, that it loads is like Sims Heaven to me wav

This might not bother anyone else. But sometimes when you tell your game to start, and you see the hour glass and then it disappears, and nothing happens..
Instead of angry5 just go see that process and find your sims.exe or your start.exe...

I hope this helps someone. Listening to your game spin and stop, the light goes on and off.. Only to sit and wait.. It is horrible. angry9

wav I like these guys.. Grin

Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:49 pm
I wonder if that was your CD spinning up and down that was causing the problem? My CD drive does that too, but I never noticed a start.exe. But then I never looked. Clever Patty for finding this out!

blob1 No tanks here but we got iroc and even :violent2: and specially coffee
blue patty
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:56 am
Oh my cd was spinning and then slowing down. I could hear it for sure. But if I just pushed the button to take the cd out.. Oh dear God the whole system goes out of it's mind.. So that is not an option.. What I would do is just walk away. Eventually hear the game and know it's finally beginning to scroll.

By being obstinate I just finally took the plunge and stopped the start.exe... .I had seen this and knew there is not a start.exe in the process normally.

That is. right now there is no start.exe. So to me, it is the 'key' that the game looks for. The reason we cant' copy this cd and use the copy is that the 'key'
is not copied.. I wonder if that key is the 'start exe' on the cd that then will jumpstart the sims.exe in the registry.

I'm no computer gal, I just use one every day of my life.. This new thought really will change the way I play. I know I have a fast processor. I know I have a large hard drive and lots of RAM. I will update my video card when the tall guy gets around to it.

Yet this one tiny touch, stop the looping of the start.exe really makes me feel happy.

Now my game will not every time loop like before. I have begun to start in Debugg just because it appears to hang on to the game longer. If it crashes or I stop the game, it will reload faster.. Bluesage told me it's my large RAM that helps.. I don't know for sure, but I hope I have helped someone along the line with their game.

Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:23 am
Well I think it's brilliant. I don't play Sims 1 any more, and I know how long it used to take to load, but it was never as long as yours, even with all the downloads. I used to just leave it loading and go do some email or something instead, or make a coffee, and when I came back there it was.
And I remember you telling us you had your computer upgraded, you have a nice helpful techy son like mine smile

It's great when you discover something like this.

cheers
blue patty
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:53 pm
:protest:

Ok well it is so funny I just had to come back and complain

Darn it but the game loaded today right off on the sims. exe

And took over 50 minutes shocked

Which I didn't care as I had other stuff to do

To make it even funnier, I went on a journey to Old Town

To see a lot Blue had sent me lol

CRASHED

cheers Does not matter, I just Debugged and it jumped up sweetly at ten minutes past.. headbang

wav Let's all cheer for Debugg Loading wav

Friend of SimsHost
Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:58 pm
I'm still playing Sims 1...& I have a question...does the game always take so long to load up?
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:00 pm
I think that depends how many downloads you have. When I have just the bare base game installed and no downloads it is in in a couple of minutes. With EPs it takes a little longer.
blue patty
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:37 pm
My game with all the Game Data stuff still in the game, but not one downloaded object in the game, it jumped up in three minutes. shocked

Of course I LOVE my objects and they are going back in that game cheers

So the amount of EPs and objects you have, makes the game load in the time it needs Grin

Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:35 pm
Oh you have got it all installed and working again? I know you were struggling? And with that quick loadtime, is that with or without all your neighbourhoods?
Does your game take a long time before it will begin to load