Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. One of Those Days
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:27 am
dmchess wrote:
Greg wrote:
If the visitor sleeps past 2:00 AM, he'll sleep the whole night. In the case of Gregsim, after the first night he was getting up at 6:00 AM with the rest of the family so he was ready for a full night's sleep by the time it was bedtime.

Inneresting; I wonder what determines if they sleep past 2am. Maybe it's important to tire them out thoroughly before heading for bed. *8) I'll definitely have to play with this idea some more.

(My impression from somewhere is that "Stay the Night" also includes giving the visitor access to showers as well as beds, but I don't have any direct evidence for it. Shortly after Kaylynn moved into her own place, she did a "Stay the Night" with Eleanor Raptor, but all Eleanor did was sit around looking out the windows and eating rotting food. She was sick for days afterward...)

Yup, whether they stay asleep depends on how tired they are and how early they go to bed. Within my experience, a sim who is tired enough to sleep (energy less than about 50%) and goes to bed after 10:00 PM will sleep through the night. So one important technique is to keep them up.

You might be right about "stay the night" enabling shower use. I don't recall having seen this happen, but it's been a long time since I've used "stay the night." I never had much luck with it; the visitors don't seem to get it.

Make sure visitors have a bed to sleep in, of course.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:31 pm
So the first experiment with a non-trapped guest only lasted a little over 24 hours. Sally invited Jan Tellerman over in the morning, they had a nice Dream Date and socialized all day. In the evening Sally took time off to help Phoenix with his homework and get him a point of Creativity from the Hydroponic garden (while Jan amused herself with the Dance Sphere and the pool). Sally did Propose / Send the Night and Jan accepted, and they went amorously to bed together (that was at around 11pm). The next morning everyone (including Jan) woke up at 6am and did morning things, Phoenix went off to school, and Jan swam in the pool while Sally made omlettes. But when Sally did "call to meal / guests", Jan (who had just gotten out of the pool) spun into her day clothes and said "See you later" and left for no apparent reason. Odd! Maybe she got hungry just an instant too soon? I should try a banquet table next time...
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:35 am
dmchess wrote:
... Maybe she got hungry just an instant too soon? I should try a banquet table next time...

That would be my guess. Either hunger or hygiene.

I generally avoid the hunger problem by having someone get up early to serve breakfast. I do that in most households anyhow, just out of habit. Did you ever notice how many of my screen shots show sims eating pancakes?

The only hygiene solution that I can think of is the hot tub, unless you want to use something like the Mind Control Mirror to make the sim behavior like a thinking person.

One of Those Days