Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic What expansion pack should the H-hood be for?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

What expansion packs should be required for the H-hood?
TS Only
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
University
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Nightlife
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:29 pm
Can you post this process or PM or email it to me?

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:58 pm
Liss, I don't wanna post it but I'll PM you tomorrow when my head is clear.
31 MB ?
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:46 pm
Yep, 31 MB would be impossible for me to upload or download. Darn! A cable modem connection here is $75 a month....I refuse to pay that so I'm stuck.

-SCG
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:12 pm
Someone could always mail you a CD...

Nothing beats the bandwidth of a minivan full of DVDs! *8)
Another Option
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:47 pm
Another Option might be to download a program like "Get Right" so I can resume and download over the course of two nights. I get a clearer connection at night so I tend to schedule downloading for at night and that way my phone line isn't tied up all day either. Only one phone line too.

Probably sounds like I live in BFE but it's just your typical backward "red" state. (BFE is a Michigander term that I can't publically define because it includes a swear word. A similar phrase might be "the back 40" as in the back 40 acres only accessible by country lane.) The Internet is still a "new fangled" invention here. No wonder these Indiana people think I'm from Canada. wink I even "talk funny" which means with no southern accent, just the bland Michigan accent. Once in awhile I toss in some Polish or Gaelic to really mess with them, just for laughs and to watch their eyes glaze over. Can you tell I hate Indiana or am I not obvious enough? (laughs)

-SCG
Mail
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:03 pm
You won't believe this but mail is a problem too because this town has 2 streets with the same name only slightly different spellings so I get my mail only about 50% of the time. The other address just keeps my mail unfortunately instead of returning it. If I drop the wrong mail back in a post box, it comes right back to my box the next day so I can maybe see why that is. I have to take it right to the post office and say "Don't put this back in my mail box because it isn't mine." I once had a dozen CD's a friend of mine in Northern Ireland sent go missing. I was tempted to go pound on the door of the other address and demand them back.

I learned though. Now I have anything important like packages sent to my parents house in Michigan. I can just put down my name, RR1 and the town name and it will still get there. Street address is optional as "Pete" the mailman has worked there forever. I went to school with one of his kids back in the 70's. He still remembers me and all RR1 (Rural Route 1) mail goes to him and thus I still have a working Michigan address. Just have to wait till my next trip back home to pick up my mail.

What a bad bad place I live...bad phone lines, expensive broadband (where available) and unreliable mail. Conditions might be better in Siberia. smile

-SCG
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:11 pm
Well, I'm vaguely thinking about going to a gaming con in Illinois... if you met me there, I could GIVE you the cd!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Liss
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:14 am
Check your PMs.

Grin
Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:50 pm
thanks Sita Grin Grin

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
What expansion pack should the H-hood be for?