Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Tales of Happy Valley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:04 am
I alway put the fish tank in my houses, I think they're neat!

Quote:
My only regret about the fish tank is that it doesn't provide any knowledge except maybe cleaning. Real-life fish tanks are a major learning experience, especially a big saltwater tank like the one that comes with The Sims 2.

That's a good point, Greg!

nanci2121
Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:24 am
but but but... I used to have fishtanks IRL, fish are FUN and decorative. Does everything have to be H'educaashunal?
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:11 pm
No, but I think it gives you more incentive to add them to your house if they are.

nanci2121
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:26 pm
I was thinking of the children. They'll grow up knowing a lot more about their world if they have a nice big fish tank.

It's just one of those things with the game. I think children should have an easier time studying if you read to them when they were little, and they ought to learn to talk more easily if you talk to them.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:31 pm
Someone has a mod where kids wet the bed if you didn't potty train them as toddlers...

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:34 pm
Yuck! No thanks!

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:16 pm
Greg wrote:
I'd say that the report that the maids spend forever cleaning them is a dramatic exaggeration unless it was a glitch in someone's game.

Greg

Lots of someones! This was a well-known bug when the game first came out. The maid would walk in, clean the fish tank all day, complain about it being late, and leave. This was fixed with one of the patches. I was aggravated with this particular bug in several houses.

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:46 am
In my game, the maid walks in, cleans the fishtank, goes out of the house and walks back in to clean the fishtank again. And mkes a mess of it in the process.

I've never had one clean the fishtank non-stop.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:08 am
I thought - am I getting senile? I thought this was a Sims 1 bug confused
I had that bug
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:17 am
I had that bug myself. I quit putting fish tanks in any of my houses because of that bug. The maid would just keep cleaning it over and over again while making puddles on the floor.

I'll have to check again to see if that has been fixed, last time I checked it wasn't.

-SCG
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:34 am
The question of the Fish Tank Bug seems to be sufficiently significant that it needs its own topic in the Discussions and Help area, so that it does not get lost amdist the Tales of Happy Valley.

I created a topic entitled Fish Tank Cleaning Bug.

Let's invoke cloture on that bug in this topic and discuss it over there.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:31 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 268: Narcissa at the Bridge

A Brief Synopsis of the Plot So Far

Way back in Chapter 238: Eyes of the Overlord, the advent evil overlord Narcissa Sapphos was very unhappy that Sheba was so much more popular than she, and resolved to do something about that.

Narcissa wanted to see news about Narcissa in the newspaper!

"I tell me, Myself," she said to her alter ego. "Wrecking that bridge will be most effective thing I can do! I'll get lots of publicity and at the same time embarrass the peroxide right out of Shuh-eeee-buhhh!"

"Actually, She doesn't dye her hair. She's a natural blonde."

"Oh yeah? How would I know?"

"We went to school together, remember? Gym class."

"Oh, yeah. Well, never mind that! It's time to blow the bridge!"

"Good idea! If you're going to do it, better do it before Lesbia gets home and catches you in that silly costume!"

Having pumped up her nerve and determination, Narcissa threw down the newspaper and ran out to the sidewalk. With a mighty bound she took to the sky, startling both birds and the paper girl.

At first she couldn't control what direction she was going and even had a few dodgy moments when she was rapidly headed toward the ground instead of higher into the sky, but soon enough, she was wafting along through the thin clouds over the mountains northeast of the valley with her hair streaming in the wind and her tongue flicking bugs from her teeth.

Narcissa approaches Boveena Bridge
Clumsy, but on course for her target.

By following the roads over to Bonnyview Shores and then winging out over the ocean to follow the coastline, she found her target, Boveena Bridge.

"There it is, ripe for the wrecking!" she said to herself. "Now I just need to figure how how to wreck it! Oh, Narcissa my love, this is going to be glorious!"

Last edited by Greg on Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:30 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 269: Supervillainy Is Harder Than It Looks

Narcissa was feeling more powerful than ever before in her life. She could do anything! The obvious solution for the devastation of Boveena Bridge was to use brute force. Just wreck the darn thing!

"Now let's see," she said to herself, "I'll get the best photo op if I smash the footings at one end. That will drop the whole bridge into the ravine and leave something that looks like a bridge instead of a pile of rubble. Then the world will see the power of Narcissa!"

She set her sights on the top of the footing at the south and bridge and flew down on it, moving as fast as she could muster. As she flew lower, the ground was rushing at her at an alarming speed but Narcissa would not let her fear sway her from her goal.

Any landing you walk away from...

"Yowitch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Oh, Narissa! That was not one of your better ideas! Ohhh.. I need to practice those landings!"

She looked at the bridge. "It's taking longer than I expected for the concrete to collapse. Darn. I guess I'll just limp around here and wait for the dust and smoke to happen!"

She waited.

Nothing happened.

She waited some more.

A rusty, old Pinto drove up, headed toward Boveena. Narcissa smirked. 'Now it'll collapse!'

The Pinto continued on its merry way across the bridge and back up into the mountains to the north, its driver completely unaware of her nefarious designs.

Frustrated, she stamped her foot. Big mistake.

"Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! OK, Narcissa, that didn't work. It's time to try something else!"

Last edited by Greg on Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:54 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 270: Really! Seriously! The Very Last Thing About Fish!

Bernadette Tellerman Contemplates Sushi
Bernadette is the daughter of Cornelius Tellerman and Meadow Thayer Tellerman

Will Narcissa succeed in her quest to destroy Boveena Bridge? Will the blondes be cut off from their shoe supply? Will drow invade Bonnyview Shores? Will Sheba decide to stay forever in another universe?

These and other great mysteries will be revealed in upcoming episodes. But first, let us again look in on the Tellerpersons. Meadow Thayer had twins by our Primary Guilty Party, the twins Arthur and Arlene Tellerman.

The twins were born on campus. As soon as she graduated, Meadow moved back to Happy Valley and married General Cornelius, joining the ranks of brides whose wedding night was interrupted by a bout of morning sickness.

Soon enough along came baby Bernadette Tellerman, who as we all can see from this insufferably cute baby picture, is well on the way toward her PhD in marine biology.

Bernadette's fun score totally soars when she watches the fish.

Last edited by Greg on Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:43 am
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 271: Variations in Shocking Pink

Meadow and Bernadette
SimsHost subscribers can click on the image to download Meadow's pink lace top. ~80K
The archive includes the top that Meadow is wearing here.
Unzip the fileand save the .package file in your Downloads or SavedSims folder.

The next morning, Bernadette was back at the fish tank yet again.

After she got Arthur and Arlene off to high school and Cornelius on his way to the military base, Meadow sat down at her sewing machine and went to work on her shocking pink top. A few swipes with her seam ripper got rid of the sheer panel on the neckline. Then with some careful snipping and sewing she added lace to the the straps and the midriff.

When she was done she donned her newly tailored top, she snatched her pescaphilic baby from her standard station in front of the fish tank and started Bernadette in on her astronaut training exercises. Specifically, that is, Meadow sought to teach her youngest how to experience zero g without throwing up on her mother.

She was not successful in this endeavor, but Bernadette enjoyed the experience anyhow. She would put up with a lot from her mother, as long as mom didn't keep her away from the fish for too long!

Jump to Chapter 272: Dream a Little Dream of Karen
This link jumps past the discussion.

It just seemed like it would be fun to hide a download in the story. smile

Last edited by Greg on Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:17 pm; edited 3 times in total

:story: Tales of Happy Valley