Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Tales of Happy Valley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 1:56 pm
dmchess wrote:
(Is she still living with Lesbia?)

Yes. Lesbia doesn't know about this yet.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:50 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 237: Sheba's Excellent Adventure

That same morning, not long before Narcissa had arrived home from work, there was something of a gathering at The Houstonian.

Dallas had picked up Barry and Gloria on her way. The three of them wanted to see the new baby, of course, but the big event of the morning was Sheba's plan to attempt the hop to Baumdoubt Valley. The baby almost proved to be a show-stopper.

"I can't leave you alone with an infant!"

As soon as everyone was gathered, She started get cold feet. "Honey, I can't do this! What was I thinking? If anything goes wrong, you'll be alone with the baby and two toddlers! I really should wait until we don't have small children in the house."

"Sweetheart," Greg said, "if you wait, what will happen?"

"Most likely, I'll want to have another baby."

"And another and another, and You'll end up never trying it and always wishing You had."

"I will be here to help with the babies," Dallas said. "You shouldn't for a minute worry that they will lack for maternal attention. I don't have any babies in this universe, but I have lots of hands-on experience with babies in Baumdoubt Valley. What I know there, I know here!"

"But I'll miss Irvin so much! And all My kids!"

"Of course You will, mom," Barry said. "That's why we visit so often. But we won't be gone long and I know the way back even if you don't!"

"You're sure we can do this?" She asked.

"I'm sure. Mom, you want to do this, and the best time to try is when the path is still fresh in my mind."

That decided it. Despite her maternal demeanor, She had learned to trust her second son's judgement on such matters even more than Her own. He had a level head on his shoulders, developed even from infancy, but even more important to Her was that Barry's ability to control the power of The Gift now exceeded even Hers. Though he did not have her finely honed subtlety in the techniqe, he definitely could make the power do what he wanted it to.

They all paraded down the street to Barry and Gloria's house.

"All right, you've convinced me," She said. "Let's do it!"

On Barry's advice, they would start out in his back yard because that was the path he was sure he knew. Barry was secretly pretty sure that he could have hopped directly from the living room in The Houstonian in Happy Valley to Manse Orleans in Baumdoubt Valley, but he was not willing to risk his mother's well-being on his first attempt at a blind hop. He would save that adventure for another time, after his own children were grown.

Also on Barry's advice, he would go along on this hop. By making the hop while mind-linked with his mother, She would see exactly how he did it and the path he follow.

With Sheba and Barry leading the way, they all paraded down the street to his back yard. Gloria followd along with Dallas, and Greg carrying baby Irvin. Lucy stayed at the house with the toddlers. They were getting to be too big to carry but too small to walk that far just yet.

Barry didn't power up the T.U.C.H. He did not want it interfering with his concentration and besides, if his calculations were correct, he no longer needed it to guide him on a transuniversal hop. Instead, with the family gathered around them, he held hands with his mother and envisioned that same lot, empty, in Baumdoubt Valley.

He focused his thoughts, pushing out all else but his mother and his destination.

For a moment, the mind link wavered. She looked at Dallas and called out, "Take good care of him!"

Then, amid gasps of amazement and some very quietly murmured cheering, the two of them faded out of site.

The Story of Sheba's adventure continues in
Baumdoubt Valley, Chapter 6: The Coming of Sheba

Last edited by Greg on Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:23 am; edited 2 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:45 am
For your amusement: While I was following threads and snooping around the old stuff, I ran across the topic that gave birth to the Tales of Happy Valley. It's the download topic for the Toddulaunga house at 223 N Franks Ranch Road.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:58 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 238: Eyes of the Overlord

While Sheba was off gadding about Baumdoubt Valley in Her peculiar quest for domestic bliss, Narcissa was not entirely idle back in Happy Valley. In fact, just as She was getting used to the idea of having wives in a universe just around the corner, our local self-appointed Evil Overlord was discussing the germ of a plot with her alter ego.

Narcissa doesn't like what she reads in the paper.

"Sheba! Sheba! Sheeeebahh!" she said. "It seems like everything in the paper these days is about Shuh-eeeee-effing-BAH!"

"You really shouldn't let these things get to you, myself," her alter ego said. "Have some pancakes and relax!"

"That's easy for me to say! You're not the one who's trying to be an evil overlord!"

"Well, technically, I am, since you are; but shouldn't that be evil overlady?"

"Geez, no! That sounds like a grocery store supervisor!"

"How about overbabe?"

"Better! But no matter what I call myself, it doesn't solve the problem that nobody pays any attention to me and everybody pays attention to Her! Look at this! Sheba likes Mrs. Franks's Pancake Mix. Sheba donates a million simoleans to the college library! Another one of Shee-bah's kids graduates from college!"

She turned to the back page.

"Kaaayy-righst on a crutch! Here's an article from Amarilla Allspin where she bribed a store clerk to find out what size of maternity bra Sheeee-baaahhh wears! Like anybody gives a flying--"

"Well, She does have a nice rack!"

"Oh yeah? And how would you know?"

"I know because you know, love of my life! I'm you, remember?"

"Well, never mind Her rack! The fact remains that She is all anybody is thinking about these days, and that little tramp wouldn't put out for me!"

"Her husband did!"

"Ha! That was long before She married him! And besides, remember just who was turning up her tail for whom during that little peccadillo?"

"Mmm... yeah... I sure do!"

"Well, just forget it! What did we get out of it?"

"A baby. Which you abandoned. Who grew to be a lovely woman. Who calls Her 'Mom' these days! And that, my dear self, is why She won't give you the time of day!"

"Well? So? She had the unmitigated gall to turn down Me! Narcissa Sapphos, myself! She turned down me!"

"And so did Janet and Judy and--"

"Never mind that! What am I going to do to put that blonde bimbo in Her place?"

"Oh, I'm sure you'll think of something!"

"Whoa ho! I think I just did! Look at this! It says here that Her precious Captain Hunko and that bratty kid of theirs saved the day by fixing the bridge to Boveena!"

"Yeah, they do that kind of thing all the time. So what?"

"So what? This is my big chance, Myself! Come tomorrow morning, you'll be reading about Evil Overbabe Narcissa in the headlines, sweetums! That bridge is toast! And with it, Her shoe supply!"

Last edited by Greg on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:10 am
Sita wrote:
By the way, I put Gregsim and herself into my game and guess what She is obsessed with? smile she had her first this morning....

Omigoodness! I just noticed this little note while I was checking the story for continuity.

What is it about those sims? embarrassed

In my game, She is the horniest sim in the valley--more than any Romance sim I've ever played even though She has been a Family sim all Her life! There haven't been very many sim days in Her adult life that she didn't roll up a purple heart or a want to have a baby.

This is fun, though. It gave Her an interesting personality quirk and gave me an amusing plot to device in my quest to define a consistent origin for superheroism and to integrate all these weird story threads.

She is also the origin of one of Gregsim's personality quirks, or at least the first time I noticed it. If he visits another family's home, any toddlers in the house will invariably target-lock on him and ask for attention. She was interfering with his relationshp with Her Aunt Winona even before She learned to walk! That's how it became obvious that She would be the one would finally tie him down, but it's like that everywhere else, too.

He just loves to play with their infants, too. That's another source of amusement. Except for the NPC nannies, Gregsim is still the only sim in my game who will autonomously change a baby's diaper. No wonder why half the ladies in town were trying to get him to the altar!
Rolling on the Floor Laughing

(Well, that, and the fact that he was absurdly wealthy, at the top of his career, and had maxed out all his skills.)

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:20 am
Oops! I got so involved in thinking about my weirdest sims that I forgot to ask...

A baby! What flavor was it? What did they name it? smile

Sita
Dancer of the Nine Disks
Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:42 pm
Oh, she is called Sian and I will post some piccies soon! smile Of course the day after she waas born She had the have a baby want again...
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:55 pm
Sita wrote:
Oh, she is called Sian and I will post some piccies soon! smile Of course the day after she waas born She had the have a baby want again...

Rolling on the Floor Laughing

She never stops!

Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:56 pm
Quote:
Oh, she is called Sian and I will post some piccies soon! Of course the day after she waas born She had the have a baby want again...

Talk about a baby machine. Rolling on the Floor Laughing

nanci2121
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:44 pm
Nancy wrote:
Quote:
Oh, she is called Sian and I will post some piccies soon! Of course the day after she waas born She had the have a baby want again...

Talk about a baby machine. Rolling on the Floor Laughing

Hey! It's what I do! Grin

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:25 pm
And you do it so well!!! Rolling on the Floor Laughing

nanci2121
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:04 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 239: The Map

Here's the first offering from the cartographers who are trying to figure out where heck these cities are, based on what the stories have to say about them.

The Region Around Happy Valley

We know from the stories that Happy Valley, Bonnyview Shores, Boveena, and Strangetown all exist in the same universe. What I didn't know until I started laying out the map was that they built Bonnyview State on the road between Bonnyview Shores and Happy Valley.

I also learned, from looking at the terrain of Happy Valley University after installed the camera mod, that there's a coastline on the southwest part of the region around the campus. That pretty much drives Happy Valley to be located in a mountainous region on an isthmus of some kind.

The large green areas are unmapped.

I don't think we're in Kansas any more, Toto.

Last edited by Greg on Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:01 am
The film crew is still doing some location shooting for the next episode of this adventure, but I'm wondering if anyone looked closely at the newspaper that Narcissa is reading.

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:15 am
I may not be looking close enough. I see an unidentified pregnant sim (which may or may not be Sheba) and a helicopter doing...something Grin

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:37 am
Liss wrote:
I may not be looking close enough. I see an unidentified pregnant sim (which may or may not be Sheba) and a helicopter doing...something Grin

Yup, the pregnant sim is Sheba, but nope, that's not a helicopter, though it must have been taken from a helicopter. Look at the picture in Chapter 222: Boveena Bridge.

Maybe I should cut the budget for the special effects department. They don't seem to be producing the entertainment value that our sponsors had anticipated.

:story: Tales of Happy Valley