Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic :tutorial: Make Your Own Enderby
:tutorial: Make Your Own Enderby
Nihale199
Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:02 am
Make Your Own Enderby
Because NL is Not Backwards Compatible

And anyways, even if it was - or if everyone had NL, I still wouldn't upload it. Does 265 Megabytes mean anything to anyone?

Part One: The Basics

You will need:

1 Pleasantview
1 Strangetown
1 Veronaville
1 Manse Orleans
2 Sim State Universities
Some of the houses from the orignial lotbin.

This Photo:
Right Click - Save Target As. Or Something

This description: Enderby, on the River Weddel, was founded decades ago by its illustrious Mayor, Marty DeFacto IV. But he mysteriously disappeared. Where? How? Why?

I will need:

The first version of the map, so I know what on earth I'm talking about.

A coffee

Part Two: The Beginning Bit

1. Create a new neighbourhood. The terrain we will use is "sample.sc4." Terrain type is Lush/Grass/Green, whatever you want to call it. If you don't have that terrain, click here.
2. Name the new neighbourhood "Enderby" (w/o the quotation marks. Obviously.) Copy the description from here into the dialogue box which asks for a description.
3. Assign Sim State University to the neighbourhood.
4. Kill, delete and/or burninate the Maxis-made playable students. Delete their urns/graves.
This step is optional. It's only because they don't exist in my Enderby.
5. Quit the game. Find your Enderby's Neighbourhood folder. Have you saved that picture? Rename it so that the N004 matches whatever number your Enderby is - i.e. if it's N010, rename it N010_Neighborhood, etc.

Last edited by Nihale199 on Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:58 am
Make Your Own Enderby

Part Three: Housing and That

Section A: Pleasantview

In Pleasantview, first evict the Pleasants and the Dreamers.

Then, go to where the Dreamers until recently lived. Repaint the house blue. For reference, see this picture:

Delete Darleen's tombstone. We don't want excess ghosts, now, do we?

Save and exit to the neighbourhood. Add the house to the lotbin.

Also, we want to add the Pleasant family's house. Do that now, lest ye forget.
And the ones infront and behind it.

Also, we need to snarf:
Woodland Park
130 Sim Lane
105 Sim Lane
210 Wright Way
That little white house across the road from the Pleasants

Would a picture make it any easier?

Section B: Sim State University

Add Sim State U to this Pleasantview. There's no reason for using the lots from Enderby - that'll just ruin stuff. Enter the Campus. From it, take the Campus Coffee House (Two Jags Coffee House), Sim State Library (Enderby Central Library) and the Student Union (Enderby Town Hall)

You may now delete this incarnation of Pleasantview.

Last edited by Nihale199 on Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:50 am
Make Your Own Enderby

Section C: Strangetown

We only need two houses from Strangetown:

That giant community lot with a pool (94 Road to Nowhere, aka Prescott Street Spa)
The Spectre/er Household. But this time we want to keep Ophelia and Olive. Why? Ophelia's married to Jay, that's why.

Please, remember to delete any extraneous memories related to random Strangetown Peoples, like Johnny Smith and Ripp Grunt.

Section D: Verona
Calling it Veronaville sounds tacky.

Only two more lots this time, too. We will need:

That little store near the Montagues'. I think it's 5 Pentameter Parkway - I know it as Sullivan Way Stores.
There's also one of the unoccupied mansions near the Capulets. It's 80 Bard Boulevard.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:08 pm
Make Your Own Enderby

Section E: Placement

Step 1: Arrange the houses thus, and rename them as they are here. (Original name: New name) Don't worry about the ones covered in black - they have since been deleted.

Step 2: Arrange the other houses that are still in the lotbin thus, and once again, rename them.

Don't worry about the DeFacto family's house. I'm sure you'll think of some other house they could live in.

On to Part Four in the next post - otherwise the bandwithy-ness will go mad.

Voice of the Book
Post Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:45 pm
Make Your Own Enderby

Part Four: Sims, Glorious Sims
This will need you to edit relationships and family ties using SimPE

From the left... one row at a time! Unless otherwise staed, everyone uses the first default facial archetype and the lightest skin tone

Top Row
Joyce Pattison - Family, my Nana - Aquarius. Brown hair, Brown eyes. Glasses. (Elder)
John Keith Pattison - Popularity, my Grandad - Leo. Black hair, Brown eyes. Glasses. (Elder)
(Not Shown) Don Mayman - Fortune, Grandma's husband - Cancer. Black hair, Grey eyes. Glasses. (Elder)
Val Mayman - Romance, my Grandma - Scorpio or something - Brown hair, Grey eyes. (Elder)
Howard Redgrave - No idea. Dad's dad. We think.
Graeme & Séobhrach Sinclair - Harmony's parents - both Fortune, both Cancer, both Black hair & Green Eyes. (Elders) Graeme wears glasses.
Marty DeFacto IV - Fortune, Medwin's dad - Cancer. Blond hair, Grey eyes. (Adult)
Calandra DeFacto - Family, 2nd skintone - Cancer. Black hair, Green eyes (Adult)

Second Row
(Not Shown) Steve Dickinson - Family/Pleasure, my Uncle and father of Rosie and David - Cancer. Brown hair, Grey eyes (Elder)
Lesley Dickinson - Family, my Aunt, Mum's sister - Capricorn. Black hair, Brown eyes. (Elder)
Sharon Redgrave - Family, my Mum - Virgo. Brown hair, Brown eyes. (Elder)
Stephen Redgrave - Fortune, my Dad - Pisces. Black hair, Green eyes. (Elder)
Harmony DeFacto - Knowledge, Leia's mum - Cancer. Black hair, Green eyes. (Elder)
Medwin DeFacto - Fortune, Leia's dad - Cancer. Black hair, Green eyes. (Elder)
(Not Shown) Romily DeFacto - Fortune, Medwin's brother - Cancer. Black hair, Grey eyes. (Teen. Deaded.)

Third Row
David Dickinson - Knowledge, Physics Grad., my cousin - Cancer. Brown hair, Brown eyes. (Adult)
Rosie Dickinson - Romance/Pleasure, Philosophy Grad., my other cousin - Cancer. Blonde hair, Blue eyes. (Adult)
Hannah Redgrave-Williams - Fortune, Literature Grad., my little sister - 5/0/8/7/5. Brown hair, Brown eyes. (Adult)
Liam Redgrave - Fortune, Economics Grad., me! - 5/7/0/6/7. Brown hair, Brown eyes. Glasses. (Adult)
Leia Redgrave - Family, Psychology Grad. - Cancer. Black hair, Green eyes. (Adult)
Jessica DeFacto - Fortune, Literature Grad. - Cancer. Black hair, Green eyes. (Adult)
(General) Penelope Wells - Family, History Grad., Marson's mum - Cancer. Black hair, Green eyes. (Adult)
Eoin Wells - Popularity, Poli. Sci. Grad., Marson's dad, Mayor of Enderby - Probably Cancer. Red hair, Grey eyes. Glasses. (Adult)
Catherine Dickinson - Knowledge, Physics Grad., David's wife - Cancer. Black hair, Green eyes. (Adult)

Fourth Row
(Not Shown) Ophelia Redgrave - She should have been brought over from Strangetown. Married to Jay. (Adult)
Jay Redgrave - Family, Biology Grad., my son. - 8/4/6/0/7. Black hair, Brown eyes. (Adult)
(Not Shown) Anthony Cox - Fortune, Art Grad., Jackie's husband - Pisces. Red hair, Green eyes. (Adult)
Jacqueline Cox - Family, Biology Grad., Tony's husband. 8/4/6/0/7. Black hair, Brown eyes. (Adult)
Charlotte Redgrave - Knowledge, Physics Grad. - Pisces. Brown hair, Green eyes. Glasses. (Adult)
Marson Wells - Fortune - Cancer. Black hair, Grey eyes. (Teen)

Other than Gregsim, She and Their offspring, that's everybody. If you really need Them, They can be found in Tales of Happy Valley. Somewhere.

Collapses due to exhaustion