Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Alpha Centauri!
Alpha Centauri!
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:56 am
Back when I used to play games besides TS2 *8) I would get the Alpha Centauri bug now and then and play it constantly for a week or so. Generally not above the third difficulty level. But it definitely r00ls 0k!

What we really need is a TS2 / Alpha Centauri crossover. At the top of each career track would be Faction Leader! And technologies would improve over the generations (one of the odder things about TS2: Sims have available to them exactly the same goods and services that their great-grandparents did).

DC
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:14 am
Oh! One of my favorites!

I actually prefer the Macintosh edition of Civilization II over Alpha Centaurii (partially because Civ II doesn't end with that corny Transcendance gag) but there were a lot of new features in Alpha Centaurii that I had lots of fun with.

That link is to the topic for Inga's Civ II Crop Top.

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:23 am
Greg wrote:
(partially because Civ II doesn't end with that corny Transcendance gag)

It's fascinating how we like so many of the same things (including I suspect TS2) for completely different reasons. I really like the corny transcendance gag! *8) I hope I have some descendants with at least billion-year lifespans...

Although what I really really like is gravships.

DC
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:28 am
Bombing from orbit is pretty cool, too!
lol

Alpha
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:47 pm
I used to play Alpha Centauri quite a bit but I've replaced it on the hard-drive with CivIII+ Conquests and play that even more.

-SCG
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:56 pm
Is Civ III+ Conquests better than Civ III?

Conquests
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:24 pm
I originally bought the Conquests add on because my son begged for it. He's a big Civ Junkie back from the time he used to sit on my lap while I played a prior version. He learned how to play by watching me till I found he had snuck out of bed to play it himself.

Now I've found I play Conquests almost exclusively while he switches between the random game and the set conquests. He's also a big Stronghold player another game he picked up from me but now is better than me at. Now I beg him to help me finish a step in a campaign that I'm stuck on. It used to be the other way around.

-SCG
More Conquests
SimCityGallery
Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:31 pm
Conquests adds more units...more stats for my son to memorize as he's a stats fiend. It also adds set scenerios like WWII, MezoAmerica and Medevial Europe and much more. I've been able to beat all the scenerios thus far except the WWII one. I'm not used to all of the new modern units they added for that one yet. My son has mastered it playing the Japanese then beat it again playing the Americans. It also adds some new civilizations to mess with. He considers CivIII good training for his future goal of being our President. He's really good with economies so he's off to a good start!

-SCG
Alpha Centauri!