Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Torn between to lovers......er......"versions"
Torn between to lovers......er......"versions"
ilikefishfood
Superlative SimsHost Fan
Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:40 am
Installed the Sims 2 yesterday, and it is awesome.......but I gotta tell ya, I miss all the cool user-made stuff for the original game. Not to mention all the awesome hacked goodies.

But here's the kicker.....I almost got sick playing the new game; all the zooming and changing angles, and it moves so fast, whipping through walls and stuff. I got dizzy and queazy, I had to stop and give my eyes a rest. I finally found that playing wih the walls down helped eliminate that weird running-through-walls sensation, and I actually look away now when I'm zooming in.

Am I ever going to get used to the wild ride, or am I going to have to take Dramamine before I play?

Anyway, I'm still not giving up my original Sims. Not for a long, long time. I'm too attached to them and their dramas. Has anyone been able to totally abandon the Sims 1?

Toni

Post Posted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:30 am
I have abandoned it . For a little while, at least. And I catch myself watching Sims 2 to see how things are used, moved, cataloged for purchase, etc. Just waiting until we can make and install our own objects. At first the movement made me a little off balance and queasy, but I'm fine now. Just took some getting used to. But then, I always play with the walls down even in Sims 1.

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:58 pm
Yep, had the same problem for the first week or so. Especially in build/buy more when switching to "look from the top" - WOW! Now that IS like a ride. But I did eventually get used to it.

I've pretty much always played walls down in S1 and find myself playing the same in S2. Sometimes I'll play with "cut away walls" but not often.

In terms of S1 and if I have abandoned it. Well at the moment it's not installed and it hasn't been since I "cleaned" my machine before the release of S2 (reformatted hard drive, reinstalled windows).

I do plan to sometime reinstall the S1 series, if for nothing else but to make stuff for my site.

Do I miss S1? Not really, then again I really didn't have a lot of time to play before the release of S2 (too busy with site stuff and real life). Which really is funny because when I had first heard of S2, I became kind of sentimental regarding my Sims in S1! = 0 hehe

~*~ Carrot ~*~
Marmy
Crabby Old Woman
Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:11 am
I understand why we can't, but I sure wish we could import our Sims 1 into Sims 2. I would just love to see some of my "babies" in 3D mode.

--------------------

When the dreamer's in the zone, leave em alone!

www.simplysimilicious.com
Torn between to lovers......er......"versions"