Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Tales of Happy Valley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Re::story: Tales of Happy Valley
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:05 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 133: The Gilbert Committee

One morning* while She was still carrying Her sixth child, they heard that familiar thwocketa-thwocketa-thwocketa, not in the sky above Manse Collegium, but rather above The Houstonian. Gilbert hurried out to the helipad with his parents hot on his heels to see what all the commotion was about.

On the Helipad at The Houstonian

It was their college kids, come to visit the old homestead! Alex, Mandy, Barry, and Gloria all bounced out of the helicopter. As the Bennett kids greeted their parents, Gloria cornered Gilbert.

Amanda softened up her father with a kiss and then got on with it. "I hope you don't mind us borrowing the chopper, daddy!" she said. "We only have one day off and this is important!"

"This is great!" Greg said. "I was hoping you'd be able to come home for your brother's birthday, but Gloria said that everybody would be busy all day. We didn't want to bug you about it."

"Today is Zeke's birthday? Oops!"

"Oh? You're not here for the party?"

"Um, well, of course we are! But that wasn't why we sent for the helicopter."

"Well, darlin', if you say it's important, then it's important! But what--" Then he heard what Gloria was saying.

"We've come on a mission!" Gloria said Gilbert. "We want to fetch you back to college!"

"I've been thinking about it," Gilbert said. "But I'm not sure I'm ready to leave home yet."

"You'll love it there, Gil! Campus life is great! And we even have a room for you at Manse Collegium!"

Gilbert is remarkably resistant to persuasion, even from an angel.
That's Barry kissing his mom, and Alexander waiting his turn.
Amanda in blue. Gloria in red. Sheba in full bloom. Greg in eclipse.

"Yeah, it does sound good, although about Manse Collegium--"

"You can further your studies there, Gil!" Gloria said. "You've already gone through every book in the high school and the city library! The only place you can learn more is at the university!"

"Well, there's the college of real life," Gilbert countered. "But I'm not counting on that alone. So, hey, I've heard you're going to be my sister-in-law soon!"

"Why yes, I am!" Gloria said, beaming. "But, are you trying to change the subject?"

"More than trying, ma'am. I am changing the subject."

"Oh."

"Oh, now don't fret. I'm going to go to college really soon, and Happy Valley U is the place for me! Your trip wasn't wasted. It's just that I have some arrangements to make first."

"Arrangements?"

"Yes," Gilbert said flatly. "Arrangements."

"Um, Gloria, I think Gilbert is telling us that he's making his own plans for college," Amanda said.

"Oh. As in, butt out, babe!" Gloria said.

Gilbert waived his hand. "Well, I wouldn't put it quite that harshly--"

"Yeah, you'd just think it and then smile and say something inanely polite."

"Precisely."

"OK, well, so... where's that birthday boy?"

*This actually all happened on GD 111 in my game.

Last edited by Greg on Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:35 am; edited 3 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:48 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Insert: Stupid Grins la Carte

miros1 wrote:
Forgot to say... the game left out the stupid grins...

One order of stupid grins, coming right up, ma'am!

Here's a shot that I left out of the story:

Greg and She in their room at Manse Collegium

This is from their last visit to the kids on campus. If you look closely (but not too closely, lest you get your face slapped), you can see in between the protective pixellations that She is pregnant. That's Her sixth baby in there, who will be with you shortly.

I decided to leave it out of the story since I was trying to hurry things along.

Besides, I think we've rather firmly established that She wouldn't pass up an opportunity to entice her husband into their bedroom while visiting their place on campus, even during a short visit, so this scene doesn't really add a lot to the tale other than enhancing its prurient appeal. (And, owing to the fact that She happened to show up naked in a lot of scenes that I didn't cut, I'd say we've already pushed the prurient bit over the top already.)

Why do you think She was encouraging him to dance with Penelope? If you've been paying attention at all, you know Her ways!

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:14 pm
Greg wrote:
Why do you think She was encouraging him to dance with Penelope? If you've been paying attention at all, you know Her ways!

But if Gregsim ends up being the father of all the females in the next generation, that cuts out all his opportunities thereafter! I hope they're thinking ahead... *8)

DC
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:22 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 134: Zeke, The Sequel

Sandra, Wanda, and Brenda came over for Ezekiel's birthday, too. Predictably, it turned out to be quite a family affair.

Gloria holds baby Ezekiel
Gloria, Zeke, Barry, Sandra.
At the table: Cally, Greg, She, Amanda, Alexander, and Barry

"Oh there he is!" Gloria said. "He's so precious! Barry, when we get married, can we have lots of these?"

"Of course we can!" Barry said. "Golly, I'm glad you feel that way, m'love. In retrospect, that's probably something we should have talked about before we got engaged--"

"Barry."

"Yes, ma'am?"

"Cut the crap. You knew how I felt about babies before you asked me to marry you."

"But--"

"I know how you knew."

"You knew?"

"I knew."

"I didn't know you knew."

"You know now!"

Sandra looked puzzled. "But how did you know?"

Gloria rewarded her question with a quizzical look. "All will be revealed in the fullness of time!"

Sandra was even more puzzled! "Huh? Is this a blonde thing?"

"No, it's a Captain Hero thing."

"Oh, a don't ask thing."

"Right. Just another of life's mysteries, like Gilbert's plans for college."

"Oh, speaking of which, Gil said he wanted to talk to me about something."

"Oh? About college?"

"I don't know, but I'll let you know when I know, if I can."

Gloria looked at Barry and raised an eyebrow.

"Don't look at me!" he said. "Even if I did know, which I don't, I don't think I could admit knowing what I knew."

"This is getting to be painful," Gloria said. "Let's play with the baby instead!"

"Good idea!"

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:37 pm
dmchess wrote:
Greg wrote:

But if Gregsim ends up being the father of all the females in the next generation, that cuts out all his opportunities thereafter! I hope they're thinking ahead... *8)

DC

No worries! There are lots of families in Happy Valley! This is just my star line.

That wisecrack about Penelope was a backward reference to the events of Chapter 90: The Case of the Inobservant Hero. She wasn't trying to get him into the sack with Penelope, which he wouldn't do even if She wanted it because Penelope is engaged to his son, Alexander. She just wanted to get his motor running in anticipation of the event depicted in the scene in the inset above.

As for babies, don't forget the Happy Valley Pregnant Ladies' Club! There are bound to be at least a few girls among two dozen fragrancies!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:40 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 135: Ezekial Ascendant

Greg and Ezekiel

"If I may, Gloria," Greg said, "the birthday cake is ready!"

Ezekiel's Toddler Birthday

There are always a few late for the party, but Zeke had an impressive showing of friends and family for this one!

Zeke

"Well, my son," Greg said, "that outfit makes you look like a giant bumblebee and I fear you have my nose, but at least you inherited your mother's eyes!"

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:48 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 136: Maestro Gilberto

Gilbert makes magic on the 88

To top off the party, they gathered around the piano for a songfest with Gilbert doing the honors at the keyboard. 'Tis a pity that there are no words to Moonlight Sonata.

Alas, this was Gilbert's swan song at The Houstonian. He had been discussing things privately with Sandra, Wanda, and Brenda all evening, and once he was done with his piano recital, he announced that he was finally ready to go to college.

Another one leaves the nest
She is carrying Farrah and Flavia.

With that, Gilbert called for the cab and away he went, amid fond farewells from his family and loaded down with promises to call both his mother and his stepmother every day.

Last edited by Greg on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:55 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 137: Gilbert at the Big U

Young Adult Gilbert arrives for his first day on campus

Finally Gilbert arrived on campus! However, contrary to the plans that Alexander and Amanda and Barry had made for him, he did not go to live with them at Manse Collegium.

Gilbert had his own plans. On his first day on campus, he showed up at the door of the house they called Manse Orleans, The Collegiate Edition, the home of his half-sisters Sandra, Wanda, and Brenda!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:24 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 138: Teens and Toddlers and Tiny Tykes

That same day back in town, Cally happily grew to teenhood. Grandma Lois came over for the festivities.

Cally becomes a teenager

It took Cally less than ten seconds to decide that this cheerleader getup was definitely not her! Perhaps something in basic black would fill the bill.

While Cally was rummaging through the closets for more suitable clothing, Zeke was trying to get his mother to read a story to him. To his surprise, She said no.

"Mama can't read to you right now."

"I can't read to you right now," She said. "Mama is going to be a little busy for a few minutes!"

Zeke's disappointment flowed into total confusion as he was treated to an advanced course in obstetrics and birth coaching, as his baby sister Farrah was born!

Farah Bennett, born on GD 112
Farah, Sheba, Cally, Lucy

But that wasn't the end of it! Mom was still making those funny noises! As quickly as it takes to tell the tale, along came his other sister Flavia!

Flavia Bennett, born just a few minutes later

Thus came Her sixth and seventh children, and Her second set of twins!

She holding Flavia. Cally holding Farah.

With a toddler still around, there wasn't enough room in the nursery for all the cribs, so Greg appropriated the bedroom previously occupied by Giles and Frieda to serve as a nursery for the new arrivals.

Greg holds Flavia while She holds Farrah
Farrah and Flavia are Greg's 15th and 16th children in Happy Valley.

And, with those events, we are finally caught up with all the kids in Happy Valley! Grin

For now.

Almost.

Last edited by Greg on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total

dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:14 am
Greg wrote:
As for babies, don't forget the Happy Valley Pregnant Ladies' Club! There are bound to be at least a few girls among two dozen fragrancies!

Heh! Turns out I haven't read nearly as much of the Happy Valley saga as I thought I had. So now I've got something juicy to read while waiting for time on the Sims computer... *8)

Thanks for it all,
DC
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:23 am
Greg wrote:

While Cally was rummaging through the closets for more suitable clothing, Zeke was trying to get his mother to read a story to him. To his surprise, She said no.

Did Zeke finally get his story?

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:39 am
miros1 wrote:
Greg wrote:

Did Zeke finally get his story?

As a matter of fact, yes he did! I like to satisfy the toddler's wants because, in addition to keeping them in platinum aspiration, it racks up a bunch of aspiration points that will be very useful to them as they start out their adult life. Might as well start that bank account early! Grin

Unfortunately, I have to scramble back to Houston so there will be another wait for the next installment of Tales of Happy Valley. Stay tuned!
lol

Liss
Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:52 pm
*ahem* I'm sure Cynric or Eilan would be more than happy to marry one of your offspring Grin

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:17 pm
Are you going to fix up Gilbert with the streaker girl?

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:52 pm
Liss wrote:
*ahem* I'm sure Cynric or Eilan would be more than happy to marry one of your offspring

That's a neat idea! When I can get my game going again I'll check to see if I already have them fixed up with the folks I had them targeted on; and then check to see if any of the (very many) kids are still unattached. If not, there are lots more in the pipeline!
lol

miros1 wrote:
Are you going to fix up Gilbert with the streaker girl?

Actually, I think I had Cyrnic target on Exhibita Sans Culottes, assuming that's the one you were thinking of.

There's also Jane Royce, the NPC streaker, is really pretty cute and very nice, albeit more outgoing than I think would be appropriate for Cyrnic or Gilbert. Gilbert would be attracted to massive brainpower, so I don't think either Exhibita or Jane would be a good match for him.

Now I'm wondering who would be a match for Gilbert. At the moment he's just starting his Freshman year at school and living with his three half-sisters (Sandra, Wanda, and Brenda). Obviously, none of them is a candidate. I think all three of the Allardice triplets are spoken for, so it would have to be Eilan and Trillian, or I'd send one of the Geieffies to college. Or one of umptygazillion game-generated dormies.

:story: Tales of Happy Valley