Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. :story: Tales of Happy Valley
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Re::story: Tales of Happy Valley
Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:39 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 119: Still the Handy Man!

Hero, Schmero! When the plumbing breaks, he's still the guy with the wrench!
You can just see Sheba changing Dora in the background. This is the bathroom off the nursery.

'nuff said.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:53 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 120: Dora's Turn to Toddle!

Dora's Toddler Birthday
The little girl is, of course, Cally.

Leona Schuyler stopped by to pick up her son Roland just in time to stay for Dora's birthday party. Roseanne McCarthy was visiting Gilbert when Dora decided she'd had enough of the business of infancy.

Dora, The Toddler

By this time, She was beginning to miss being pregnant, and started making plans to correct that situation.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:00 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 121: We'll Keep Trying Until We Get It Right!

It was Saturday, GD 107, at 4:20 AM. She had been waking him up all night. It was great fun, but finally he could look forward to getting some uninterrupted sleep.

Contact Light!

Four forward... four forward... drifting to the right a little... contact light! OK, engine off! Houstonian, Tranquility Base here! Sheba is pregnant!

This will be Her 6th child, and his 14th.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:17 am
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 122: Rejuve!

Late the next morning, She awakened, pregnant and happy, but as soon as She jumped out of bed, She felt the first icy breath of middle age coming on.

'These things happen when you're nearly 100!' She thought. 'There's only one thing to do about it!'

Ah! The Elixir of Life!

Leaving her husband snoring away and drooling on his pillow, She hurried into the study off the master bedroom and slugged down an entire bottle of Dr. Tolad's Patent Nostrum, the Elixir of Life!

And, of course, the moment we voyeurs showed up to invade the privacy of Her sanctum sanctorum, Her glowing atomic censor snake streaked into action!

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:31 am
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 123: Decisions, Decisions

Chugging the Elixir of Life Has Its Side Effects

"Oh wow!" She said to Herself. "I should be more careful about swilling this stuff! That made me really hungry! And horny! Oh my!"

"Hmm... that pesky censor snake might be contributing to the latter problem. Naughty thing! Behave yourself!"

"Now, what to do? I don't think it would be wise for me to wake him up again so I'll just have to hold out until after breakfast. Which means it's time for a major production event in the pancake department!"

"So, where did he throw my dress last night?"

She looked at the chandelier above the bed. "Oh. There it is."

Pancakes for Breakfast
L to R: Sheba, Gilbert, Cally, Greg

"Ouch! Be careful of those spiked heels, mom!"

"Oops! Sorry, Gilbert! I'm just getting excited about-- um... that new book by John Ringo!"

'Hoo boy! Hold it together, Sheba!' She thought. 'You're letting youself get really distracted here! Darn! What is about those black silk boxer shorts? Maybe a glass-topped dinner table wasn't one of my better ideas.'

A tight beam from Her husband interrupted Her reverie. 'Are you OK, m'dear? You're squirming all over the place!'

'I chugged a whole bottle of Dr. Tolad's this morning,' she thought back. 'Hey, do you have any plans for this morning?'

'Again?'

'Yes! Again! That stuff really makes me horny!'

'Is there anything that doesn't?'

'Nothing I want to think about at the moment! So, what do you say? Like maybe now? Let the kids get the dishes!'

'Um... do we have another bottle of that elixir?'

'Yes! Prepare to meet thy doom, hero!'

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:22 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 124: Visitors

Unexpected Visitors Only Show Up When You're Busy
Giles with baby Dora. Wanda. Cally. Cybil. Brenda.

The kids had just finished cleaning up the breakfast dishes when Her girls--Sandra, Wanda, and Brenda--walked in the front door unannounced. They were visiting from the college.

"Where are mom and dad?" Brenda asked.

"Don't ask!" Gilbert said.

"Again?"

"Shush, Brenda," Sandra said. She glanced at Cally. "Little pitchers have big ears. Anyhow, I'm in for a swim!" She headed for the pool.

Just then, Giles walked in with Cybil, who ran straight Cally. Baby Dora took advantage of the availability of an otherwise unoccupied uncle. Doting uncles are always useful when you have a hankering to log some zero-g time.

"Hey Brenda," Wanda said. "Dad will be a pliable mood this afternoon. Let's see if we can con him into buying a big-screen television for our house on campus!"

"Good idea, sis! Hey, the Gerbits are playing! Let's watch them serve up the Cows en brochette!"

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:38 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 125: Another Sunday Night at The Houstonian

It wasn't long before Grandpa Ralph and Grandma Marie joined the party. Of course Dora targeted her grandfather the moment he walked in the door. That's just as well, since grandbabies are why grandparents visit their children.

Im Promptu Family Reunion

Frieda arrived as soon as she was home from work. Then Aunt Jana and Uncle Roger, and Uncle Ralphie with his wife Aunt Beryl.

By the time She was ready to face the world again, the inevitable weekend party was in full swing. Gilbert busied himself with making hamburger patties and suckered his uncles into grilling them on the patio, where they spent as much time ogling Sandra in her bikini as they did cooking. Gilbert discovered that beautiful big sisters have an unexpected utility--they're good for keeping uncles bolted to the cooking chores.

Joyce and Jay showed up, too.

Aunt Joyce and Uncle Jay arrived just in time to watch the Gerbits flub the second half. After making hamburger of the Contentious Cows during the first half, their over-confidence on the field came close to losing the big game, but through luck and the subterfuge of distracting cheerleaders, the Gerbits managed once again to emerge victorious.

Marie didn't give a flip about the game so she invested her time in playing with her grandbaby Dora. Greg got stuck with cleaning the grill out on the patio, with Sandra to keep him company.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:49 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 126: Great With Child

Early Warning

The next morning, Sheba's baby announced his intentions, and She set aside her clingy dress to go into mommy mode.

Some People Do Pillow Talk; Others Prefer Raising Clouds in the Bathroom.

"So what are we going to name this one?" Greg asked.

"We're up to 'E' now. What's a good name beginning with 'E'?" She said.

"Boy or girl?"

"Officially, I don't know."

"Yeah right. However, please be aware, madame, that you are this moment very vulnerable to being tickled."

"Boy!"

"Aha! The truth will out! Let's make it 'Ezekiel' then. I have a feeling this one will be a visionary."

She laughed. "Or at least some kind of big wheel!" Then a moment later, "All right! Stop! No more tickling! I'm pregnant!"

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:04 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 127: Zeke

Having conquered toddlerhood, as well as all four grandparents, Dora was ready to see what she could make of childhood as a career.

Dora's Child Birthday

Her first thought as a child was that she should rethink wearing her brothers' hand-me-down pajamas.

Dora the Adorable Child

Her second was to wonder why mom was getting to be so fat, and in such a funny way, and whether this had anything to do with her growing up. Oh well, those mysteries aside, at least now she could go swimming!

Ezekiel Bennett

She was just beginning to enjoy being pregnant again when Zeke decided he didn't want to wait any longer.

"Hey honey," She said with a grin. "Want to cure my post-partum depression?"

Fortunately, Grandma Marie was on hand to care for the baby the new baby while his mother was busy.

Marie and Ezekiel
Marie is Greg's mother.

Last edited by Greg on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:19 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 128: The Vigil

Grandma Marie was happy to stay as long as She needed her. Late that night, when her son and daughter-in-law still had not emerged from their private chambers and she had baby Zeke happily snoozing in his crib, she noticed that her grandson Gilbert was intensely studying something.

Gilbert often had his face buried in a book.

Gilbert was probably the most personable of all her many grandchildren, but when he was with a book, he could be more focused than anyone else she knew. She wasn't sure whether she should disturb him, but decided to risk it.

"What are you studying now?" she asked.

"Advanced structural mechanics," Gilbert said. "I think I'm getting it, too! Once I've finished this, I'll have learned all I can this side of the university!"

"Well, congratulations!" she said. "Hmm... will it bother you if I play the piano?"

"Not at all!" Gilbert said. "Really, that seems to help me concentrate. I grew up listening to Moonlight Sonata."

Late into the night, Marie provides background music for Gilbert's final push with mechanical engineering.

"I know that one! Let's see if I can find the sheet music... ah, here we go!"

"Thanks, grandma! It was getting kinda lonely out here tonight!"

"No thanks required, Gilbert. I'm really enjoying this!"

And so, through the night, she gently stroked the piano keys, playing quietly while he studied and the rest of the house peacefully slept.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:39 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 129: Success!

Now, just as you were thinking that Happy Valley could not possibly be any more bucolic, Gilbert conquered the final chapter of Mechanical Engineering.

Marie Pursues the Muse as Gilbert Maxes Mechanical

It was a moment to remember. A moment to savor. A moment that would change his life, for Gilbert, although still a teenager, had just achieved his lifetime goal of reaching the pinnacle of all known skills. He quietly closed the book and took a moment to reflect on the magnitude of what he had accomplished.

Gilbert achieves his Lifetime Goal

"I did it, grandma!" he said at last, almost in a whisper. "I did it! I really did it!"

Marie congratulates her grandson

Marie was a bit more exhuberant in her response. "I'm so proud of you, Gilbert! I couldn't hope for a better grandson!"

"Well, there's Alex. And Barry. And Zeke...."

"Oh, you know I love you all," she said, "and you are all special in your own way, but this is your moment, Gilbert!"

A well-earned kiss is a hero's reward.
Grandmothers know these things.

"Thank you for being here with me, grandma," Gilbert said.

"Thank you for sharing this moment with me," she said. "I wouldn't have missed it for the world!"

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:04 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 130: More to Come

The next morning, She woke up worried that that She had been neglecting her baby. Throwing caution to the wind, She rushed to the nursery to find that Grandma Marie had the baby all bathed and changed, and most of all, quite well cuddled.

She with baby Ezekiel
The mosaic censor block might not be as much fun as a censor snake, but it is considerably less distracting.

Still, baby Ezekiel seemed happy to see Her, and that was all that mattered.

Zeke seemed to be a little hungry, so She let her husband do the honors while She prepared for the day. It was a work day for him, and She wanted to let him have some time with the baby before he had to go out for a day of conquering supervillains and rescuing kittens from trees.

Greg and Ezekiel

With so many people to care for him, Zeke was a most contented baby. He had his mother's eyes.

The next morning, while She was cleaning up the breakfast dishes, She discovered the consequences of Her unique method of dealing with post-partum depression.

Happily Pregnant again!

Greg was at work that afternoon, so when the plumbing broke down in the shower, it was Gilbert's turn to demonstrate his prowess with the wrench.

Balky plumbing is no match for Gilbert's mechanical skill!

Their maid, Lucy, seemed most impressed with Her stepson! And if Lucy thought it odd that perpetually pregnant Sheba was pregnant yet again, she wisely did not say anything about it.

For now at least, life was going just as She wanted it to, here in Happy Valley!

The Houstonian on GD 111

I did warn you that this story could become even more bucolic, did I not?

December 17, 2005 Note: She was carrying Farrah and Flavia when the Gilbert Committee came to visit.

Last edited by Greg on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:14 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 131: Catching Up With the Collegiates

Oh my! This one thread is getting to be bigger than most web sites!

Alexander, Barry, and Amanda at the University

While Sheba's belly waxed and waned with the phases of the moon and babies were popping out like clockwork, Her three eldest children were busy getting themselves established on campus. Barry followed Alexander and Amanda to college and all three of them continued their parents' traditions by moving into Manse Collegium. When Amanda asked her beau, Conner Forsythe, to live with her there, he didn't hesitate for a moment.

By the simple act of their arrival they rescued Della, Gloria, and Penelope from the Maxian Time Warp, much to the delight of all involved.

Amanda adopted her mother's collegiate style, while her brothers elected to wear sweaters that matched the colors of their chosen partners.

Yes, indeed, Alexander and Barry both were removed from the ranks of elegible bachelors soon after arriving on campus. To make a long story short: Alexander took up with Penelope and Barry fulfilled his own private lifetime goal by getting engaged to the angelic Gloria.

That left Della as the fifth wheel in the household, but she was more interested in Gloria and Penelope than any of the guys, and since this didn't cause any dismay at all for Alexander and Barry, things are working out fine at Manse Collegium.

Greg
Anja's Sock Puppet
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:07 pm
Tales of Happy Valley
Chapter 132: Keeping in Touch

Amanda and Barry

The kids studied hard for their university degrees, but they did take some time out to enjoy college life while they were on campus. In contrast to many college students, they especially enjoyed the days when their parents would visit.

Greg dances with Penelope

Perhaps this was because their parents had never been the oppressive sort. As long as they did no harm, Greg and She encouraged their children to be comfortable with being themselves and didn't worry about things that weren't important to them. As a result, they produced a crop of children who were firmly founded in such arcane concepts as personal honor and dignity, loyalty, and fidelity without embuing their children with the fetishes, prejudices, and class hatreds that plague self-professed liberal thinkers in other communities.

And, obviously, though they both tended at least to some degree toward modesty, they did not insist that their children worry about such things. Again, as a result, their children grew up appreciating beauty for its own sake.

Sheba dancing at Manse Collegium
Penelope isn't too fond of snakes, so she tends to attract censor flowers.

Or maybe it was just because at the ripe old age of 100 and in the final stages of pregnancy, Mom still knows how to move it!

Or just maybe it was because their parents understood how to enjoy their children's company without crowding them. It was really no secret that She always checked with Gloria before they visited, so that they knew they wouldn't be popping in at a bad time.

Whatever the reason, the kids were always excited when they heard the thwockata-thwockata-thwockata that heralded the arrival of their parents' helicopter at Manse Collegium.

miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:18 pm
Greg wrote:

Forgot to say... the game left out the stupid grins...

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
:story: Tales of Happy Valley