Sun Sims Home Search FAQ Log in  
Reply to topic Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi!
Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi!
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:21 pm
I'm a refugee from the EA Sims 2 forums (you don't have, urm, like Avatar Contests here, do you?).

I'm a late adopter, so I just made the transition from the original Sims (I was going to get around to installing Superstar and Makin' Magic real soon, really!) to The Sims 2 a little over a month ago (and already it's taken over my life). I've posted bunches of pictures to my personal weblog, f'rinstance:

My very first pics: http://www.davidchess.com/words/log.20050708.html#20050712
I discover snapshot quality settings: http://www.davidchess.com/words/log.20050715.html#20050721
Kaylynn Langerak saves Benjamin Long from death: http://www.davidchess.com/words/log.20050805.html#20050807

and a zillion others in between. I also uploaded the story of how Kaylynn moved in with, and out from, the Raptors' Love Nest (a house full of happy Romance homewreckers that liven up my neighborhood) over on the EA forums. I guess that'd be:

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=45341&asset_type=story&user_id=1647792

Have to put that up on my own website sometime.

I found Hullabaloo via a Google search on some Sims-related perversion, uh I mean, subject that turned up some of Greg's stories, and was overjoyed to find a place where people are hacking seriously on the Sims 2 in a way that goes beyond typical EA Forum fare. So here I am!

My very zeroth question is: has anyone figured out and written down relatively authoritatively just what it takes to get the Special Events Camera turned on? The option's greyed out for me and I have like a GeForce4 MX440 or something, and I'm wondering how much more than that it takes.

I've been fooling around just a bit in HomeCrafter (surely Maxis could have given us more than *one* plausible set of bathroom tiles!) and in Body Shop (doing some of the obvious scurrilous things late at night when everyone else is asleep). But mostly playing around with the Sims themselves (last night I managed to get Kaylynn and Ben and the twins all platinum and all asleep at the same time, and I only used up one Energizer charge; I was so proud). I made myself a little antigravity platform in a community lot, but I can only goggle in amazement at Greg's graviton lab. *8)

Anyway, hi, and glad to have found y'all...

DC
Re:Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi!
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:22 pm
Hi DC . . . Welcome to the Hullabaloo! We're Glad You Found Us! :welcomewave:

To answer your question:

dmchess wrote:
(you don't have, urm, like Avatar Contests here, do you?)

Nope, we don't have anything like that around here . . . :winky:

But we do have our own brand of "game" type offerings in the "Just For Fun - Games" forum . . . think along the lines of "mind games" /word games things like that . . . =)

If you have any questions/troubles with the board, please let me know. Otherwise . . . Have Fun! =D

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

Daughter of the Moon
Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:04 pm
Welcome! You will have a lot of fun here Grin

Wytch's Brew
http://wytchsbrew.simshost.com/
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:30 pm
Tx much, Carrot and Liss. Love the mind games. Looks like I've stumbled on a secret nest of interesting people. And on the Web, too! Who would'a thought? *8)
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:33 am
:wavehello: Hi DC!

:welanim:

It's so nice to have you join us.
Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. :smilehap:

nanci2121
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:00 am
Thanks, Nancy! Once I have the time to figure out more of what's going on here, I might post some stories even. Although only if I manage not to think about how they compare to Greg's... *8)
Nancy
The Spoiled Brat

The Spoiled Brat
Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:41 am
Yes, DC! Post your stories here, I'v love to read them. :winky:

nanci2121
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:54 am
Nancy wrote:
Yes, DC! Post your stories here, I'v love to read them. :winky:

Well, shucks, you're very kind! *8) What's the Best Way to do that? In "Sims 2"? In "Sims 2 Silliness and Stories"? It doesn't matter? And how do I get the little "Story" banner attached? (Oh I see; it's an emoticon; story funny!) Any guidelines / preferences / local customs about picture size or quantity or anything? :thankssign:
Sheba
Admin

Admin
Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:23 am
Hey DC . . =)

You can post in either forum ( the stories forum or the sims 2 forum . . . either way is fine). =)

You found out about the "story banner". =D

Regarding picture size, the only thing I can tell you is "not too huge". Try to come up with a size that's easily seen, yet won't be too big to load (for those on dial-up). I like to keep mine around 420 x 315 / 65KB in size / .jpg format or .gif format (whichever comes out with the better looking image . . . personally, I usually use .jpgs).

Can't wait to have your stories here at the Hullabaloo . . . they'll make a nice addition! (I love when people post their stories)

=D

Regards,

~*~ Carrot ~*~

SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:44 am
Tx very for the encouragement! I generally save my Sims images for my personal weblog from Photoshop as 400x300 jpgs with the quality on "High", which tends to come out around 30 or 40KB, so it sounds like I'm in the ballpark. Any guidance on the total number of 30KB jpgs that I could put in a posting without annoying anyone? (Or should it be one posting per picture; organized in a thread? Or...?) (Note that I'm asking all these questions to avoid doing anything productive like shutting up and actually posting some pictures!)

Today's routine update on the doings of some of my Sims families here:
http://www.davidchess.com/words/log.20050812.html#20050818
(scroll down past the maunderings). Nothing particularly story-worthy, although a certain amount of cuteness in the Danvers' house, and a certain amount of titillation, as always, with Gina Raptor... cool

(Hm, maybe I'll try posting the Kaylynn Langerak saves Benjamin Long from Death so he can get those Eight Thousand Aspirations Points story as a first attempt. If I get up the almost inconceivable amount of energy required...)
miros1
Lone Surviving Sims 1 Holdout
Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:40 am
Quote:
In some Google search I ran across a particular Sims 2 user community that seems to have considerable clue

Of course we have a clue!

The Wooden Simolean is a SimsHost subscriber supported site
dmchess
SimsHost Champion
Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:52 am
miros1 wrote:
Of course we have a clue!

And a rare and precious thing it is! :shades1:
Hi hi hi hi hi hi hi!